What's new

My question to the developers: Why is Pirate Galaxy not on social media?

TunaThePilot

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Tuna The Pilot
Rank
Clan
Dark Brotherhood
I ask the developers; Why doesn't this game have an active social media account? I really like Pirate Galaxy and I really want this game to get a little crowded. But neither Twitter nor Instagram is active. Maybe he is active on Facebook, I don't know, but is there anyone left using Facebook? This game needs some advertising. And I am ready to undertake whatever can be done in this regard.

Thanks to those who have already answered my question.

Attachments

Tketh

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
T-Keth
Rank
My guess is they don't have the "time/experience/resources" to deal with the social platforms

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
You could basically ask the same about why the game never was added to Steam hence that it was Greenlit years ago and so might have draged in some players at least. Of course many of us have no idea about the reasons and the only thing i can assume here is that Steam should take a pretty hefty charges for each purchase made over the platform so that they may not have seen much benefit to add the game to Steam in the end just for the hope of get a few more players to the game.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I know a few open-source games on Steam that make no profit from the platform.

Tketh

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
T-Keth
Rank
I've asked a few times to the devs about "steam release" so far no luck. But my guess is the game wouldn't be able to handle the network increase that steam playerbase would add

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
In the past, there were more players involved in the game.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I ask the developers; Why doesn't this game have an active social media account? I really like Pirate Galaxy and I really want this game to get a little crowded. But neither Twitter nor Instagram is active. Maybe he is active on Facebook, I don't know, but is there anyone left using Facebook? This game needs some advertising. And I am ready to undertake whatever can be done in this regard.

Thanks to those who have already answered my question.
The problem is simply that it's no longer worth it. More work in the current 8-hour working time for the same final salary is not really a problem if the desired number of players and followers exist, but that is not the case. It would bring nothing but more stress.

Maybe the high ranking gm's can move these accounts and announce spawn events, invasions and some behind the scenes stuff of Splitt to show what they are currently working on.

danidank2

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
S K Y
Rank
Clan
SPACE X
I've asked a few times to the devs about "steam release" so far no luck. But my guess is the game wouldn't be able to handle the network increase that steam playerbase would add
[/CITA]
If with the average number of players already on the servers, they are overdone. Imagine if the game gets a significant number of players coming from Stram, the servers simply couldn't stand it.

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
(no character) yet
Rank
You could basically ask the same about why the game never was added to Steam hence that it was Greenlit years ago and so might have draged in some players at least. Of course many of us have no idea about the reasons and the only thing i can assume here is that Steam should take a pretty hefty charges for each purchase made over the platform so that they may not have seen much benefit to add the game to Steam in the end just for the hope of get a few more players to the game.
it cant be for profit reasons. steam would only help. they could charge more on steam and keep the normal client still running. Just like albion online. and they could say that we offer a discounted price on the client but if you want to use steam you would pay more. obviusly only the vets would know of this so the steam version would still be attracting new players, possibly content creators and more. so they would end up with more money if they went on steam...