What's new

Making TC Ships "more attractive" again (Changing TC Item Effects)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
As i mentioned it in the other post already some of the new TC Items lack of their "uniqeness" so that a couple of the TC ships are never really show up when Pilots have access to an Parsec/RDX ship. With TC1 the most seen ships of the TC Series where Thunder and Hawk what was no real wonder considering that they synced perfectly and most pilots used the Hump for only "that one mission" and then never used it again or sold it afterwards.

With TC2 and the new Ships a slight shift started to happen considering that during the last 2 RDX Events 2 new RDX ships have shown up that where in defence and Item Loadout a way better option then the new Ships and started to push the synced Thunder and Hawk from their "throne". It was during that time more common to see Chroms and Thunders flying around and here and there an Slate as well.

The biggest shift i noticed was with TC3 when from one moment to another most TC shis seem to have vanished and have been replaced by Parsec/RDX ships. Most times i visit an TC Planet i now see Chroms, Slates, Disruptors and Hunters along with here and there an Hyan or Para... the TC Ships have lost their "System" at that point and the reason might be that most ships of the TC Series are "Useless" in their Loadout so that they aren´t attractive enough to fly them in compare to an Parsec/RDX ship and i don´t think that the Armor is the issue here at all.

So some Items would require an change/Update in their effect to make them more "Uniqe" so that the TC Ships would get more used again (eventually) considering that most of the TC Items are still exclusive to the TC Ships and so far only the LC, QL and MT are used by the Para (LC), Chrom (MT) and Slate (MT + QL)

Lightning Chain - Thunderbird
Nothing much that could be changed here considering that it´s an straight forward dmg item that always hits but never crits. As only addition i would eventually add here an small DoT (so far we only have the Thermo as DoT) that lasts for 3-10 Seconds (10 seconds for the 1st unit hit and then 1 sec less for each following unit and with 7th unit only 3 seconds left) after the unit has been hit to give it some extra dmg

Corruption Cloud - Hawkmoth
Considering it´s name it already does what it should and that is reducing the dmg output of a unit by a lot + having an AoE Effect what makes it already efficent enough in clustered battles. Nothing here i would really change/add to it.

Damage Inverter - Humpback
The Item mostly usefull when passing Minefields or when running into an DS to catch the intial dmg and stay alive. As Bonus i would add here an "Dmg boost" depending on the inverted Damage that will kick in when the DI has run out and then lasts for 10 seconds before it wears of.

Magnet Trap - Bullfrog
MT is an pretty could "Aggro Beacon" and can slow down the enemy so that you can run away from them if in a pinch. As slight extra i would eventually add an small "stun effect" that is less powerfull then Stun Dome otherwise i would totaly leave the MT as it currently is.

Allies Cover - Wolfhound
The currently most "useless" Support Item imo considering that i didn´t noticed much difference of the dmg i received while it was active. Here i would make the change so that with an active Cover the Pilot who activated it (at the current situation the Wolf Pilot) gains a "shield" that has the armor of the ship x2 (or maybe even x3) If allies that are under that "cover" are hit the dmg will be redirected to the Cover Shield and lasts until the Shield has been depleted or the run time ends. If the Wolf Pilot however is hit he will the dmg take directly so it would be wise to attack the Cover user 1st before dealing with other units.

Quantum Leap - Panther
Considering that it´s the best Item to traverse a Planet and even allowing to skip large portions of a Map i wouldn´t really add anything here knowing that it´s CD isn´t really high and it already gives an "de-target" moment when used (what makes it already anoying enough)

Scope Shifter - Bobcat
Can´t really say much about it but from what i noticed it reduces the Range of Item by about 50% what may make it usefull for PvP but at the same time useless in PvE cus it would require constand movement and with that risking to drift into other units that then can attack you. Having no real idea what here could be changed

Deflection Droid - Kodiak
From what i have seen in Chat the DDroid seems to be pretty lame in it´s "counter" when hit + it only can take 1 hit and then explodes instandly. My Idea here would be to make it so that the DDroid "absorbs" the dmg 1st during the runtime and when the time ends the DDroid selfdestructs with an AoE like an Aggro Bomb and the more dmg it absorbed the higher the "counter" damage. If the Pilot receives the hit the DDroid absorbs less dmg while it absorbs more if it gets hit directly. I have no idea about the current runtime but i would say 10 seconds runtime should be enough for it.

Galacticfighter

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Looter
Rank
i agree with allies cover, but ql as well needs a "living target". would be nice to jump to any target like pods and bubbles, and the mantis still can target u instantly. not targetable for 1-2 sec would be nice.