What's new

Launcher not updating correctly

brad2091

Reaction score
Ive been offline for some time now and when i tried login it updated then went to the loading screen before the login page. once there it stayed there for roughly 5 minutes before showing an message that said "new version available. please restart client" so i restarted the client then it didn't download any new update and went back to the same loading screen with the same message. Ive redownladed the the launcher and tried again no luck, I've updated to the latest java, i even went in and manually deleted the game data to force it to redownload, and it did but then once it got back to the loading page before login it failed in the same place still saying "new version available". Is 1001351 the newest version of the .jar file? If not why wont the launcher download the newest version. :frown: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Try uninstalling the launcher (using the provided "Uninstall Pirate Galaxy" shortcut). That will delete all folders, not only the "gamedata", but the old jars too. Then clean install again.

If for any reason the shortcut was deleted, look for "uninstall.exe" in game folder.

brad2091

Reaction score
tried it. uninstalled and downloaded new launcher in the same way aratz posted. (twice for good measure.) and no change same version number same error each time. even restarted launcher to see if it would update after the initial download but no luck :( any other suggestions?
the only thing i can think of at this point is for somebody to post a copy of working game data on a file sharing site and send me a link so i could manually insert it into the launcher but idk if that would work or not.

P.S. does the same thing for dinostorm and steel legions neither of them got to login page :cry:

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
BTW, 1001351 is the current version... :confused: