What's new

Latest Cryo changes and then some

Blodreina

Reaction score
its been less than a day and i can already notice changes to at least MU's in R5 that they now have more firepower.
why is this and other small changes never get mentioned in your changelogs.
I was able to kill 6 MU's simultanously before the change, now it is down to 4.
cryo drop rate is something i can't prove nothing about because its randomised per planet I guess., but the FP is increased for sure, as in 1000% sure, since my ship/drone/boosters setup did not change at all. care to explain this?

Blodreina

Reaction score
"After monitoring Cryonite drop amount for some time, we noticed that many of you still preferred Sirius for farming Cryonite. For high-level pilots, it is our aim to make Tau Ceti a more attractive system for farming Cryonite than Sirius."

this attempt for improvement failed when you changed the drop rate. I do not think any of the players are fools not to see the difference in drop rate, i know I can. even if the amount is now higher, it is not higher per hour. so how is this an improvement for the players and why would anyone prefer Calon now over sirius ?

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Blodreina said:
"After monitoring Cryonite drop amount for some time, we noticed that many of you still preferred Sirius for farming Cryonite. For high-level pilots, it is our aim to make Tau Ceti a more attractive system for farming Cryonite than Sirius."

this attempt for improvement failed when you changed the drop rate. I do not think any of the players are fools not to see the difference in drop rate, i know I can. even if the amount is now higher, it is not higher per hour. so how is this an improvement for the players and why would anyone prefer Calon now over sirius ?
Yesterday, R4: 85k/h
Today, R5: 120+k/h
Definitely not higher per hour :LOL:

Although i do agree that at the moment i see no reason for myself to go farm cryo on venar nor earth, it is way more easier on sirius. Maybe i would still go to R4 for solo grinding, but it seems that R5 is gonna be my new house now.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Blodreina,

Firepower of MU's didn't changed.
Drop rate didn't changed.

Cryo/hour is way higher than before, and i think most players are able to notice that :)

Blodreina

Reaction score
something did change. i know what i was ble to kill before and what i can now. it was R5 MU's then and its R5 MU's now.
did paragneiss armor change then? all i know is its not @ my end.

as for cryo. i am not talking about R4 or R5. i said clearly Calon. it is not the same rate.
further more, like 1-2 hours ago, i was farming in r5. more than 30 mins of no cryo. how often does that happen?

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
As far as I could test yesterday, fire-power of R5 units didnt change as I could easily kill same amount of them with my Calon tech Hunter as I did before. Only thing what I have recognized is that, the Calon units was shooting me quite more, but it could be done, because my Damage Deflector booster has ended. So basically, I think the damage the NPCs are dealing is same.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Time to throw my 2cents into that conversation as well.

I did today make an comparision of farming at Calon and an R4 Metha Planet...

Well the results did speak for themself after 1 hour of farming on both planets. Please consider that those ammounts come from farming with having the Elite Cryo Boost (45%) + Cryo Drone (10%) with a Paragneiss.

In case of Calon i made in 1 hour of farming (at the imo best spot with Ancient Ra, Phyrus, Defenders and Odions) 100k of Cryonite.

Afterwards i did another hour of testing at an R4 Metha Planet and made here 140k of Cryo.

It may be just a difference of 40k but it shows that Siri still is the better option to farm cryo because the units deal way less dmg and ironicly the R4 Units seem to have a little bit more HP then Calon units but the same worth of cryos. I don´t know how it will look at R5 but i have the feeling that it there might get close to reach 200k/hour atm.

I think i will skip an testing at Venar/New Earth (aka EiU) or will go here for an attempt at sunday to have their numbers as well.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Vesperion,

Farming in the last planet you have available never been the best option to get a good amount of cryonite, im sure you should already know that, comparisions of R4 vs EiU or Vénar would be more accurated ^^.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Fission said:
Hello Vesperion,

Farming in the last planet you have available never been the best option to get a good amount of cryonite, im sure you should already know that, comparisions of R4 vs EiU or Vénar would be more accurated ^^.
Normaly i would agree with that Fission BUT Calon has an major difference in compare to all other systems. The units at Calon have for my feeling less HP then the Units at EiU (even with dr tech units at EiU feel more tanky then units at Calon).

Sure the units at Calon deal a bit more dmg and it depends a bit on how much weapon systems they have as well but even then it currently looks like farming in TC is not effective enough to make it worth going there.

I´m not entirely sure yet were i will do another 2 rounds of 1 hour farming at Venar and EiU cus i still haven´t found any real spot so far that imo seems to be the best for farming in order to make a proper testing and EiU is a bit of a special case considering the rndm OS factor.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
So because i have nothing better to do in the early morning before i go to work here another test result from venar after 1 hour straight farming.

After some thinking 1 place at Venar did come into closer decision for hunting. Atm i completly ignore harv hunting cus even with dr tech they still can be tricky and i guess it needs TC4 tech that eventually brings another armor as well.

Anyways the results aren´t really promising to the goal that splits wants to achive.

Yesterday my test was done at Calon with 100k/h and a compare of R4 with 140k/h to refresh everyones memory :LOL:

The spot i decided to be (again imo beeing the best for solo hunting) contained Snipers, Sigos , Repos a Mender and Rocketeers along with 2 ds passing by every now and then (Lvl 85 units).

So what are the results at Venar after 1 hour? Well... 104k. The irony here is that at R4 i got 41 cryo drops while on Venar i got 76 cryo drops. But again the base line shows that Siri still is the better option for farming Cryos because we still recieve more Cryo/drop.

Last and final test will be 1 hour at EiU to plase everyone BUT i still haven´t really found a spot that might be viable enough for the farming but i´m still looking for it and maybe i can do the test already later this evening so that we can get an full compare of Siri vs all TC Planets but currently i don´t really see any reason to hunt cryos in TC with the current results.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
So after my final Solo farming test at EiU here are now the final results so that no one can say i haven´t covered all TC Planets as compare to R4 :LOL:

All in all i had to look a bit for a spot at EiU considering the cramped situation and for finding relative easy units with their items. I did find a place that has defenders, baiters, ammon, pyros and shysis so that i could make a good rotation and avoid the ds as well.

After 1 hour i did earn 133.527 Cryos in this Solo run what brings EiU close to R4 what the Cryos belongs.

That makes atm the following chart after the Cryo Update (rounded values):
1. R4: 140k - without 55% Cryo Bonus = 90k
Easy to kill targets that don´t really be a thread cus the dmg they deal is not really worrysome

2. New Earth: 133k - without 55% Cryo Bonus = 85k
Somewhat average to hunt here BUT rndm OS that can spawn behind you can ruin you current run but have to be considered a constand thread

3. Venar: 108k - without 55% Cryo Bonus = 69k
Easy targets that can be killed relative fast but the cryos make it not really worth to go for them

4. Calon: 100k - without 55% Cryo Bonus = 64k
Relative easy targets in terms of the HP but can deal a lot of dmg if they have several items at their disposal.

Never thought i really will deal with that kind of anaylzing stuff again but i will keep an eye for every new update now so that i can adjust the numbers if another cryo update will be done.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
as solo farming that numbers are normal but i do get a lot more cryo in squad farming in venar or earth :sneaky:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
destroier6 said:
as solo farming that numbers are normal but i do get a lot more cryo in squad farming in venar or earth :sneaky:
I want to seperate solo vs group farming for a reason cus sometimes you don´t have other that wanna hunt in sq cus they are busy with sm/bp hunt/whatever.

Sq farming is on another testing scedule and i´m aware so far already that farming in sq yields more cryos considering that in a 3-man sq i made 170k (again all boosted) but didn´t keept the time in mind how long we did shot there.

Solo farming is more or less the current basis i wanted to do so that i can build on this to see the differences. In theory i now have to do testings in every sq size to even compare those as well but i´m not sure yet if i will do that as well.

Blodreina

Reaction score
Fission said:
Hello Vesperion,

put these 2 next to each other and tell me who cant understand what is the devs goal here, not just drop comment on any post out there, thx

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Simple - put best drop rate for sir ship/item on sir,decrease drop rate for higher tech/ships to 10% on r1-r4,25% r5
Put best drop rate for tc ship/item on tc system.
Increase cryonite on tc to same amount like r5.Tc npc have less hp so grind be much better like on sir.All be happy

Also why items sir vs tc ar not balanced ? Why on thermograde puni tc items work same good like on tc ship and even better becouse buff from speed actuator. It be good idea if higher tech work wors on lower ship armor same like we have now with speed actuator what dont work if you have higher lvl armor like lvl speed actuator.

If You monitor cryo,will be nice also look again on all items,armor work with them and maybe is time rebuild engie system becouse 99% players stop use engie,same like tank ships....Its sad.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
hektor.barbossa said:
Simple - put best drop rate for sir ship/item on sir,decrease drop rate for higher tech/ships to 10% on r1-r4,25% r5
Put best drop rate for tc ship/item on tc system.
Increase cryonite on tc to same amount like r5.Tc npc have less hp so grind be much better like on sir.All be happy
If we increase the TC NPC cryonite to the one in R5, players will do around 1M per hour... At the moment is more valuable to farm in TC for TC2-TC3 players than in Sirius, but for Sirius and TC1 players its normal that Sirius will be their best farm spot. Farming cryo is always done in 1-2 planets below your actual max planet ;)

There are more factors to look when farming apart from the cryonite size ;) Like, Time to kill enemy, amount of them, respawn time, etc

hektor.barbossa said:
Also why items sir vs tc ar not balanced ? Why on thermograde puni tc items work same good like on tc ship and even better becouse buff from speed actuator. It be good idea if higher tech work wors on lower ship armor same like we have now with speed actuator what dont work if you have higher lvl armor like lvl speed actuator.

If You monitor cryo,will be nice also look again on all items,armor work with them and maybe is time rebuild engie system becouse 99% players stop use engie,same like tank ships....Its sad.
Items on TC ship work as in thermograde puni because you dont have TC3 armor on the new update but you have skills that are over your level, thats the same with thermograde puni, and thats the reason its equal.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
That was not my poin.On puni work becouse low lvl armor gives bigger buff from speed actu.
When you have tc ship or parsec,percept speed act uwork fine,but when you up armor he stop work at all.
Why then cheaper ship on tc items can be great grinder,where tc ship not.Its only 4 lvl different so why percept stop gives any buff ?
On sir even dolomyte speed gives some buff for 82 lvl ship armor.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Fission said:
[...]At the moment is more valuable to farm in TC for TC2-TC3 players than in Sirius, but for Sirius and TC1 players its normal that Sirius will be their best farm spot. Farming cryo is always done in 1-2 planets below your actual max planet ;)[...]
Sry Fission but i have to disagree here with you and this sentence considering my testings WITH TC3 tech from R4-Calon all the way up and always for 1 hour Siri still is the best place to farm.

Don´t mind Calon atm cus i wasn´t able so far to retest the farming spot i used the last time cus it was mostly occupied and to have a constand variable i need to take the same spots for TC.

Siri is a bit special cus you can´really "create the same situation" again due of the rng factors but as this chart shows i did only find 32 cryos at R5 with 13% penalty but still got the most cryos out of it AND this is mostly from MU and WU units. Not a single CU Cryo involved and only 3 SU cryos while R4 is a mix of everything.

The only planet that reaches at least somewhat beats R4 is New Earth where the units have feeled the same armor as R4 units. R4 is still the better choice in compare to New Earth due of the reduced dmg the R4 units do. So why should i go to New Earth where i have to worry about rndm OS and need to heal way more often then on a R4 where i can shot much more carefree and not have to worry about any rndm OS?

Sure R5 units have the most HP in the game atm but considering that they drop a cryo that is way more worth then any other Planet it totaly balances this out...

So far it doesn´t matter if you have Siri, TC1, TC2 or TC3 Tech cus in the same time you still make more Cryos out of an Siri planet then on a TC Planet and more obvious that during my testrun it can´t be made i would say... so back to the drawing board for Split i guess :LOL:

Aside from that i will redo the whole testing again during one of my free days (so another 5 hours just for testings) and the only good thing on this is that those testings do at least somewhat distract me from the boring farming :sneaky:.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
i disagree with you vesp, i find TC a lot better than sirius for farm... you have to find the good way to farm it :sneaky:, you only look at solo farming... yesterday i did 850k in 3 hours in Earth (i went from 6.375.645 to 7.224.113), cryo is balanced for me you only need to understand that not always your way is the best way, do you want to see the excels my fleet did??? also now i can choose between one of other if im bored