What's new

Is a Minion and/or Instance System possible?

Tyrex874

Reaction score
Playing this game....I have to say, even as it is, it's one of the best MMOs I've ever seen. Great combat system, graphics are spectacular and can be made to fit crappy computers, and overall a lot of fun......for most players.

Here's where I have my problem: As it stands, one must either find a bunch of friends or pay up a ton of money to get anywhere. Lone wolves like myself are in for HELL thanks to how the AI operates, and playing with friends ends up being too easy. This is bad enough for me to quit playing the game once I finish Aurora, the last PvE planet in the Vega system.

However, I believe I have 2 reasonable solutions. Either:

A. Implement an instance-based system for each planet, scaling AI difficulty based on the number of players.

OR

B. Place an optional system in which a player can have AI "friends" in the squad, not counting Drones.

For the latter, the best example I can give is the Guild Wars "Henchman" mechanic. You get free AI partners that are earned as you progress through the story, but you can only choose a limited number of them, and they don't level up until the player advances to the next area. If this is put in Pirate Galaxy, I'd also put this in as a single-player exclusive to keep things fair.

If either solution is made, I think that Pirate Galaxy's players will truly benefit, and when the players are happy and willing to play, money can be made from those who want to pay up. Once all is set and done. I'll be happy to start playing again. Just let me know if this happens.

(PS: sorry for the long text. I wanted to be thorough and beneficial for everybody. Thanks for reading!)

Tyrex874

Reaction score
Hey. Still here, and still waiting for a response of some sort. The developers have made several improvements since my last post. That's great and all, and I give my sincerest thanks, but I can't say I've enjoyed them. Not because they're bad or anything, but because it all pales compared to the inherent frustration of dealing with AI enemies. Now, I apologize if I wasn't clear about anything last time, so I'll try to clarify (And fair warning: this will be another long one).

How the AI operates, most hostiles are not hard on their own. The problem is that once they start ganging up on one player, they are essentially screwed unless they are REALLY overpowered. This is especially common when foes like the Mantis custodian commanders get involved in some way. Now, a squadron can handle such an event with little effort, but if you're like me and operate best on your own pace (I admit, I'm not exactly a 'people person', being Autistic and all), then it becomes nothing but FRUSTRATION--Enough for me personally to literally rage-quit on occasion, which is NOT a normal event in my life! And this is not me being a baby: I can go 1 on 1 with Harvesters on a regular basis as long as a healer doesn't show up.

For this reason, I truly believe that this game needs a system that can provide for those that prefer to go alone, while still keeping things fair to everyone else (at least game play wise. this an mmo 1st and foremost, and I'll respect that). A mechanic like the earlier "henchman" example is one that I know can work for the game (perhaps it can be added to the Squadron menu?). Now, I realize that this could spark a copyright issue if poorly executed, so can't we throw in a few tweaks and spins to not rip off Guild Wars?

In any case, this issue is the one thing that I think is keeping this game away from 'perfection' status. The lacking energy and cryonite can be boosted with payments, so no complaints there. If anyone's reading this, PLEASE hear me out! Thank you to everyone who read this.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Hi, I understand your point. I played myself alone a lot (I have pilots on all servers). I found that 95% of game is doable solo without boosters/drones/rares. And only a few missions are almost impossible without squaddies (or a external helper). Anyway I doubt that your proposal will be implemented in this game. Are you still in Vega?

Tyrex874

Reaction score
I found that 95% of game is doable solo without boosters/drones/rares. And only a few missions are almost impossible without squaddies (or a external helper)
I see where you are coming from, and yes a lot of the game IS doable solo as it is. Impossible? No. However, it still seems to be too much of a pain to get things accomplished.......while constantly having to dodge swarms of enemies that can kill you in seconds, even with the best tech available. I have seen cases where I got podded WAAAAAAYYYYY too many times just to get my cryo back. This is a serious turnoff to some players. I know it is for me. And you managed to wait past ALL of that? I applaud to you, Sir/Ma'am (whichever you are).

Anyway I doubt that your proposal will be implemented in this game. Are you still in Vega?
I actually never expected it to be thrown in right away. The Dev's are focusing on pvp for the moment, AND I acknowledge that it could be a lot of work. Still, if there is anything I can do to help this get thrown in, I'm all ears. I have the next system unlocked, but yes I'm still in Vega. Anyway, thanks for the response

Armageddon

Reaction score
Hello!

Yes. I agree with Gus. The game can be done solo.
There are times you will need others.

If you're still in Vega then you've got a fair ways to go. Up to Mizar is pretty much solo-able in my experience. You can get away with mistakes and such but then you will need to devote much more time.

This game is definitely about patience, having been here for 9 years... I definitely know that to be true.

The game isn't for the faint of heart, many have quit over difficult missions (in rage) but you must PRESS ON.

I doubt your idea would be implemented. Vega is a joy compared to the rest of the game so enjoy it while you can. New challenges awaits. :)

PS; since you're in Askone feel free to add as buddy/msg. I'd be happy to lend a hand in-game.