What's new

Interface

CtMurphy

Reaction score
Seems to be a problem with windows 10. I can not seem to get the windows task bar out of the way during game play. It seems to be a compatability issue as setting compatability mode to the Vista, somewhat (but not entirely) alleviates the issue. Task bar will disappear again, whenever I use the mouse buttons to interact with the game.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
A workaround in windows 10 (the issue was not before anniversary update) is activating the "Auto hide in desktop mode" function. Right-click on task bar and open the configuration window to see the option.

Check this: http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/61190-how-do-i-disable-always-top-taskbar.html

In other place I found one posible explanation for your "compatibility" workaround: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-taskbar-always-on-top-would-like-to/a39fe424-44f1-457e-8669-9f9f33e9e7e7

The taskbar option "Always on top" and the ability to disable it, that was in windows versions through windows vista, was removed from windows in 7, 8, 8.1 and still has not been restored with windows 10. I personally have made more than request to have this functionality restored

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
CtMurphy said:
Seems to be a problem with windows 10. I can not seem to get the windows task bar out of the way during game play. It seems to be a compatability issue as setting compatability mode to the Vista, somewhat (but not entirely) alleviates the issue. Task bar will disappear again, whenever I use the mouse buttons to interact with the game.
I have the same problem this happened to me all the time lately.
I think it's quite annoying as well

CtMurphy

Reaction score
HGus said:
A workaround in windows 10 (the issue was not before anniversary update) is activating the "Auto hide in desktop mode" function. Right-click on task bar and open the configuration window to see the option.

Check this: http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/61190-how-do-i-disable-always-top-taskbar.html

In other place I found one posible explanation for your "compatibility" workaround: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-taskbar-always-on-top-would-like-to/a39fe424-44f1-457e-8669-9f9f33e9e7e7

The taskbar option "Always on top" and the ability to disable it, that was in windows versions through windows vista, was removed from windows in 7, 8, 8.1 and still has not been restored with windows 10. I personally have made more than request to have this functionality restored
Thanks Hgus, that did actually help a lot :)

There used to be short cut combo keys for toggling pirate galaxies client as fullscreen or small screen. Does anyone remember it? I think it was shift+enter, but that doesn't seem to do anything anymore T.T or maybe it wasa different combo...

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Hello,

I think you're looking for Alt+Enter, which toggle the "full screen" setting :p
But i don't think it sticks/puts PG on top of the W10 bugged task bar.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
In the second link, page 2, someone posted:

I really don't know if I'm late to the party, but I found out that is you right click on the taskbar, and choose "cascade windows" it fixes this problem...well, it is working for me.
Please let us know if it works for you.

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Ctrl + Alt + Enter

Toggle fullscreen mode and Windowed mode. yw. ;)

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
And Alt + Enter still works too. But that is not the problem, in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition the taskbar overlaps the fullscreen mode.