What's new

ichors pvp sugestion/wishlist megathread

ichor

Reaction score
hello everyone!

ichor here. with the 4th devshack >>> http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=522&t=39391 ripe on everyone's minds, i thought i should take this opportunity to make a suggestion and wishlist...list that outlines some features i hope pirate galaxy would one day have as it pertains to pvp.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
  • Gold SKulls
    Alliances
    Conquest
    1v1
    Pod Parties
    GM events

first things first... GOLD SKULLS AND WARSCORE IN GENERAL

"now hold on ichor, warscore is pve only, i thought thisd post was about pvp!!!"

well you're right, but warscore for clans directly correlates to gold skulls and that entails single player gold skulls. what do i mean by this? i mean that there should be a REWARD for gold skulls! both clan and single player.

i think that the current system of actually getting gold skulls on a single player basis is broken, exploitable, and in no way signifies skill, but i dont have any ideas at the moment on how this system could be altered. what im focusing on is the rewards for gold skulls.

im a big fan of being rewarded for playing games. log in bonuses, events, new content. its what keeps players logging in. as of now, PG does not give the player any reason to log in, or return. there's no real goal for players to achieve because there's no real reward. the only reward fro getting division one first place is a gold skull. and what does a gold skull do?... nothing at all. for players, perhaps a free cry booster or 3 random gold BPs of their choosing (or 3 random choices that are either filled with cry, bps, or gold itself). for clans it would be a bit more complex. when the week resets, it resets every single player. thats right, no more BETA FEATURE. just one massive pool of all players. no climbing or just shooting a couple of snipers on the moon to stay in Div 1. now you have to battle it out against all players at once, and all clans at once.

my second suggestion is to limit ALLIANCES. the reason we should do this is because massive alliances have the capability to form monopolies over division one, and making alliances smaller would force larger clans to pick between 2 or 3 strong alliances rather than one really strong alliance.

this would also make it easier to dole out gold skull rewards for clans. i honestly miss the cry boost in conquered systems, but i can see how that was toxic to the game itself. so perhaps they couldnt stack like they used too. speaking of conquests themselves,

CONQUESTS have been an integral part of this game for a very long time. wars have been fought, countless pods have been...podded. but whats wrong with it? well for one, the rewards are...less than desirable. gravitons have become so inflated, its not even funny. players have hundreds of each graviton, clans have thousands of each graviton...the graviton market is so inflated, there's literally no point in having them as rewards, and that's reflected by the fact that no one wants to do conquests. what do players want? cry. so why not give boosters or actual cry as a reward? now hold on, this idea is mind blowing.

players who dont participate in conquests can still benefit from clan boosters...but players that directly fight in conquests, win or lose, receive a conquest bounty. how this would work is quite simple. when a player pods, they dont lose cry, but the cry they would lose is put in a bounty. this bounty is gathered up and divided among all the players who participated. participation is counted by how many shots the player fired, and how many kills/deaths they received. there is a temporary leader board that is available after the CQ is over that would list the players participation score(time stunned adds to participation score), kills, and deaths, and the cry they received, as well as the total jackpot.

next up is 1V1ns, which are also an integral part of pirate galaxy. when it comes down to it, this is a game where if you are red, you can get jumped at any moment. you have to live with that fact. that being said, i am also an advocate for rewarding players for participating and WINNING pvps. instead of losing cry, a player simply gains the cry their opponent would lose. if they pod, the cry the received from PVPs would be transferred over to the player/s that slayed them. at the end of the week when the leaderboards reset, any and all unspent cry gained while red that was kept would be removed and turned to warscore. instead of listing bounties, it would list a cry bounty in the bounty tab of planets. furthermore, cry bounties automatically decay when in non surface instances or offline. the rate is exponential, meaning that you can no longer hide off surface or offline to protect your cry bounty!

this directly affects POD PARTIES as well. participation would still tally up the same as it does now, damage based.

GM EVENTS were usually events that GMs would organize and would play as mantis NPCs or boss structures. i know i sound like a broken record, but please please PLEASE organize more of these events!!! maybe even make them story driven?