Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
Hello pilots,

Considering how CvC is pretty much dead on many servers, I'd like to propose a small rework of how alliances work.
here is how I would rework Alliances in CQ, for the sake of reviving a definitely dead gamemode:

If less than 2 clans are registered: OTB
If 2 clans are registered:
  • The 2 clans are in the same alliance: CvC with Alliances disabled (if technically reasonable, otherwise default to OTB)
  • The 2 clans are not in the same alliance: CvC
If more than 2 clans are registered:
  • If all registered clans are part of the same alliance: OTB
  • If not, the system picks 2 clans that are NOT in the same alliance for a CvC

Enlisting:

All Clans that are allied to the registered clan (the one that paid mining tickets and has been selected) can pariticpate in the CQ. Their pilots can freely enlist in their ally's side.
Members of the registered Clan ONLY with Commander+ privileges can delist pilots from their own Clan AND of any allied Clan.
In the case that a Clan and their allies are more numerous than their opponents, pilots from the registered Clan have priority to participate in the CQ.

Example:
Given that Clan A and Clan C are allies, and Clan A is registered to fight against Clan B.
Members of Clans A and C can enlist on side A, those of Clan B can enlist on side B.
Members of Clan A with commander+ privileges can remove any pilot of side A, regardless of their Clan. Members of Clan C with commander+ privileges cannot.

Clan A enlists 6 players, Clan B enlists 8 players, Clan C enlists 4 players in the following order:

Side ASide B
A1B1
A2B2
C1B3
A3B4
C2B5
A4B6
C3B7
C4B8
A5
A6

When resolving teams, players C3 and C4, although matching the last 2 players from side B, would not participate and yield their slots to A5 and A6, those having priority for being in the registered Clan.

During CQ:

Only the registered Clan can use their CQ ship, should the 10v10 requirement be met.

Rewards:

All gravitons are awarded to the winning registered Clan only. Gravitons would be too hard to split based on participation, and should reward the Clan that spent mining tickets.

Cryonite is split between participating Clans in proportion of their pilot count.

Taking the above example, the cryonite awarded to side A would be split as follows:
Clan A has 6 pilots, Clan C has 2 pilots.
Participation is thus 75% A and 25% C.
Clan A will be awarded 75% of side A's cryonite reward, Clan C will be awarded 25% of side A's cryonite reward.
Any rounding remains are awarded to the registered clan as well.

Clan warscore would also be awarded in the same proportion as cryonite.
CQ results would only affect the WR stats of the registered Clans, not the allied Clans.

That's all I've got in mind for now. Feel free to ask any question if you find any issue in that system.
I truly believe that would be a key change to revive CvC, and give purpose to Alliances again.

I realize this would require quite a few code changes, but I don't think it'd be unreasonable, and I believe the team is capable of doing it.
(Heck, I would do it for free on my own time but I know it's not a possibility without being actually hired)

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Could i ask how this would revive alliances? it is known that players tend to bring as less players as possible to bring only their most-skilled players, and even if that happened, people would prefer OTB due to higher rewards and such.

Im not sure in which servers alliances would make a difference, as anyway players already stacked up on active clans (and if they didn't they cant be called active anyway?)

The thing that boosts CvC the most is competition and will to compete, which is the reason why on gaia we see so many fights, it is true that there's more people in gaia overall, but the majority of this playerbase are engaged on PvP aspect of the game, from what i know korell, askone or trantor playerbase has a way different % of "players engaged on PvP" so i kinda doubt this achieve a major change on that?

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Alliances could perhaps work differently, I can't think of anything to be honest, but currently they only provide one more chat, and well, I see the suggestion as misguided, as destroier said, on servers with fewer people, they tend to agglomerate into 2-3 (4 with some luck) clans, so I don't see much sense in that, and if they don't do CvC like that anymore, I don't see why this would change anything

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
Alliances could perhaps work differently, I can't think of anything to be honest, but currently they only provide one more chat, and well, I see the suggestion as misguided, as destroier said, on servers with fewer people, they tend to agglomerate into 2-3 (4 with some luck) clans, so I don't see much sense in that, and if they don't do CvC like that anymore, I don't see why this would change anything
I see your point of view.
Mine is from Trantor, where we actually have a lot of smaller Clans stacked in alliances.
Here CvC is impossible for a few reasons, but among them is the fact that it's quite hard to find 5 active people down to CQ in the same Clan.

Could i ask how this would revive alliances? it is known that players tend to bring as less players as possible to bring only their most-skilled players, and even if that happened, people would prefer OTB due to higher rewards and such.
I haven't seen anything like that happen the few times we've had CvC here.

The thing that boosts CvC the most is competition and will to compete, which is the reason why on gaia we see so many fights, it is true that there's more people in gaia overall, but the majority of this playerbase are engaged on PvP aspect of the game, from what i know korell, askone or trantor playerbase has a way different % of "players engaged on PvP" so i kinda doubt this achieve a major change on that?
That's true, here on Trantor I would estimate that % around 20-30%, there are a LOT of players that just don't care about PvP or anything competitive.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Several small clans distributed in the server, I don't know, it seems somewhat senseless to me honestly, if the vast majority are not in large clans the first thing I think is because they do not get along or do not share the "same philosophies", so I do not see how this would be compatible for being part of an alliance and even more so, participating in conquests when here trust matters a lot, and knowing the person you play with, knowing if you can count on them or not to make certain "strategies" within the cq

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
It's not really like that, some people just prefer smaller Clans. We all have a similar "philosophy" in our alliance yet we're spread into multiple Clans, especially since many players don't engage with Sirius anymore (our JS has stayed at wormhole for like a year lol). There are many other smaller Clans outside of our alliance too, and I believe that allowing alliances in CvC would enable those players to register and play some CvC.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
It's not really like that, some people just prefer smaller Clans. We all have a similar "philosophy" in our alliance yet we're spread into multiple Clans, especially since many players don't engage with Sirius anymore (our JS has stayed at wormhole for like a year lol). There are many other smaller Clans outside of our alliance too, and I believe that allowing alliances in CvC would enable those players to register and play some CvC.
So the issue is that you want to be in smaller clans because "yes" and then alliances are the way to fix that?

I haven't seen anything like that happen the few times we've had CvC here.
Couldn't that be because on trantor the objective is to at least reach the 5v5 so you bring all people you have available? saying that as i think all servers (maybe excluding trantor, aeria and solaria) have this "we only bring the best on our side"

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
So the issue is that you want to be in smaller clans because "yes" and then alliances are the way to fix that?
Pretty much yeah. I don't like that people split in smaller clans, I'm not doing that myself. Alliances can fix that, but beyond that specific issues, I still think alliances should be much more than a funny blue chat.

Couldn't that be because on trantor the objective is to at least reach the 5v5 so you bring all people you have available? saying that as i think all servers (maybe excluding trantor, aeria and solaria) have this "we only bring the best on our side"
When we had CvC we used to have 7v7~10v10, the idea was to get as many ppl as possible, regardless of player skill. It was basically first come first served when it came to enlisting.
At least that's how we did it in my clan, idk about opponents. We knew we'd win even with our "worst" players anyway 😄

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
I should add, since the title is a bit misleading, these suggestions aren't what I consider a "100% guaranteed will revive CvC miracle solution".

I think they are a net positive for the game and may help to see more CvC, is all.