What's new

How do we solo stun type mobs?

Sirmorte

Reaction score
There are some NPC ships that have stun and once stunned, his friends kill me off. What type of ship and tactics can be used to take these guys out? I am level 12 with a storm ship.

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
Sirmorte said:
There are some NPC ships that have stun and once stunned, his friends kill me off. What type of ship and tactics can be used to take these guys out? I am level 12 with a storm ship.
The Mantis you're refering to is called a death squad, you will see a lot of these as you make your way up the systems. The best tactic with these are to kill the Resurrector so he doesn't spawn anything back then take out the commander. These mantis are best to be killed with engi so you don't get stunned or Storm full power or just wait for higher tech to take them on.

KJaaru

Reaction score
Clock-Wire said:
The Mantis you're refering to is called a death squad, you will see a lot of these as you make your way up the systems. The best tactic with these are to kill the Resurrector so he doesn't spawn anything back then take out the commander. These mantis are best to be killed with engi so you don't get stunned or Storm full power or just wait for higher tech to take them on.
Sirmorte said:
I am level 12 with a storm ship.
According to his level (12) he is still on Aurora, and I don't remember seeing any death squads on Aurora (these only appear in Gemini and higher). Death squads aren't too hard to kill, as they never regen, so hitting them and running everytime they come by can be a solution.

However, 'solo' commanders are really difficult, if not impossible to kill solo with same tech. As I mentionned in other posts, their stuns are way too powerful, and even an engie's protector wouldn't even save you. You can still try (with your storm ship) to rocket one of them and drag them out of their spot, so there aren't many other mantis around ( keep in mind that the stun range is just a bit smaller than the rocket's range, DON'T GET STUNNED!. once you are sure there aren't any mantis too close, you can face the commander but don't use any item, to avoid being stunned while your GCD (Global CoolDown) is running (you know, that ~1.5s between each item). When you get stunned, immediately use your repair droid so you don't die during the stun. Finally, when the stun ends, just destroy him as you want :cool:

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Probably Custodian Commander stunning him and nearby Mantis Avengers kill him. Take out the Avengers first, then aim for the Custodian Commander. Try to pull the Custodian Commander out of the crowded area. Work your way towards an Energy field. But don't drag the Custodian Commander too much, either way he will try to flee back to his group of Avengers.

If there are two or three Custodians at the same spot take your time and have some patient. When they break up and get some space between them then you can aim for one and drag him out. :idea: