What's new

Future upgrades for Pirate Galaxy? Tips, thoughts and dreams

flyfighter

Reaction score
Hello Flyfighter here,
Together with my clan Galaxy Fighters we made a list of some cool ideas that could be implemented in future of this game. We are here to make this game shine again, cos the lack of players affects us all eventhough our community is strong. Pardon me for lacking english, but i think the message is clear. And last but not least enjoy all our thoughts like i did on all of urs! Atleast i had a nice day dreaming about a game that could be in the future.

1. The settingstab (we just need this)
The settingstab in this game could use a freshup, i miss the function to be able to change my controlling keys. For instance using my mouse button (other then right and left klick) to fire lets say a rocket. So we could use some programmable keys to make controlling ur weapons being a bit more healthy for ur fingers.

2. A pet (heavy breathing if this get implemented)
Ever had that lonly grind sessions where it was just you and your attackdroit shooting on and on for a few hours to collect some much needed cryons? I had a few and having that attack droit besides me always made it a bit easier. Seeing that thing do stupid stuff gets ur mind of grinding and kills some needed time. Imagine a world in wich u could always have a helping hand besides u. Ur own pet that you can upgrade and controll a bit to kill some time during the long grinding sessions. Its like ur an pokemontrainer XD. Instead of those drones we get now, we can purchase one out of many pets with specific skills to help you fighting the mantis. (or you have to achieve the pets by doing hard missions) In order to prefent iritation u have some much needed controll over ur pet. And those pets dont waste e but have a sertain cooldown or something, put him on button 9 or so.

A pet with specific skill is in my eyes something like the ideas i mention beneith this sentence, but it can take many shapes. Im just trying to inspire all off you with some ideas

The energiser: consume 20% less e, hyperjumps are free and on the planete he goes to the nearest e field and collects a e ball brings it to you and slurps it up.

The devestator: U can order in an dive attack and do some aoe damange to all and he makes you hit harder 10% or so.

The spirit: lays down healing fields that heal u very slowly.

3. Clanplanetes with an breathing society
Each clan (or alliance if clan is to much) that is created gets his own plante in a special designed system. On that planete u can use the cryons u got in ur clanfund to upgrade ur planete. A private hangout for you and your (outsideclan)friends if you choose to invite them. On your planete you have missions wich give u permanent decent cry (like venar grind missions). A place where no1 unwanted can bother u during ur grindsessions.

The players (admiral captain) can design how the planete looks like on the surface. For instance u could use the cry to buy structures, to decorate ur planete, create building that gather recources for you, make a market place to trade with others, store trophies and all of sush things. So that in the end u can build a society which u can show off to all others . You can choose from different types of invironments, maby u like the looks of a jungle, maby u want the planete to be like CC like a big city, or a decert etc. But before you can colonize on your planete you have to fight off the mantis!

3.1 Structures
Building structures would cost you cry from the clanfund and u have to require goods like metal in which u can obtain by doing special missions with ur clanbuds or sending out ur tradingships to gather.
We have many ideas on things u could build, here are a few: marketplace, military base, storage room, trophieroom, a maze (good idea i’ve seen on forum), a bank, walls, defencive buildings, sience building that discover new ships and better CQ items etc etc.

Building stuctures have to be time expencive so that it takes a while to create and upgrade ur buildings/planete.

3.2 Trophies
On ur planete u can showw off trophies wich u conquerd during battles or finished after special achievements.

3.3 Economics
Once u build a marketplace on ur planete you can start sending ships out which gather stuff like gravitons for your clan. If you decide to trade you expose your base his location, its like putting on pirate mode. Ur planete is now at risk of getting attacked. But for the risk u get some decent but not overpowered rewards. Like 3 gravitons a day for ur clanfund, a small amount cryons for ur clanfund, recources for building structures etc etc..

3.4 Getting attacked & attacking
So im looking to change the system how CQ works. Instead of fighting on empty planetes wich have no value other then the gravs u get, u can now fight other clans their homebase. Get back the pirate spirit and start plundering! Once an enemie clan starts trading u can send out ur mothership in its direction to attack him. Once u commanded the mothership to attack the receiving end gets a warning and has 1 day to prepare himself on the fight and choose in what system ships they wanna fight (scheduled times and not during dinner!! So 19:00 and 21:00 !!). Its like the register system sort of, only this time attacker decides if they attack. And the defender has no other option then defend cos they took the risk of trading.

Rewards: It has to be appealing for an attacker to fight an clan. So if clans take the risc of trading they explose a sertain amount of their inventory to potential enemies so that ppl carefully decide if they wanna trade or not. If the attackers conquer the planete the get the option to choose what they will take with them. They cant take everything and have to decide what has to most value for them at that time. Maby u want gravs or want metals for building or just a trophy or cryons.

The attacker has to pay 100 energycells (instead of logfiles cos this is and sounds cooler) if he wants to send his mothership to attack the clan. The mothership takes 1 day to travel so u cannot permanently attack others. A player can donate 2 energycells a day, cos 1 is just to little and we want to keep the treath of attacking clans/pirates alive.

Now we have cleared the rewarding and attack system we can start looking on the planete. Each clan has 100 lives to defend or attack. The attackers have to capture the base and hold a post for 5 mins in order to win. Something like king of the hill. The base to capture could be the main building of some1 his planete. During this battle players dont loose cry so we can die as much as needed. And if the enemie dont show up u only have to wait 5 mins on base and dont waste 30 mins on a CQ planete.

Each clan can choose a cetrain clan CQ ship with sertain special attacks to battle. In the military base that u made on ur planete u can purchase different ships with different special abilitys so that the CQ ship fits ur needs for each different fight. We use our cool looking clanship (and not this flying buss) to fight the enemie and make them fear. The defending team could take a CQ ship that has good defending skills and the attacker may take firepower to conquer the fight.

If the defending team placed his defecive wall and other protective buildings right he can have a sertain advantage over the attacker.

3.5 charging ur mothership
Charging can be done by individual members that donate their energycells or by doing special mission on ur homeplanete.

3.6 Inviting friends
You and you clanmates can do all sorts of entertainment on ur planete without getting botherd by other ppl. U can invite trustworthy ppl in ur instance if they join ur sq. Other than that the planete is only available for ur clanmembers. (instance)

3.7 grinding
On your planete you can gather up with other fighters and do special missions that earn you cryons. Solo grinding will always reward you more but missions might give u more fun with the cost of lower income.

4. Personal modifying you ship and hanger storage
Some extra capability’s to modify ur ship so it stands out from the crowd would be a great feature. Also i would like to see some storage for ur items, for instance when u want strong blaster instead of normal blaster, u buy the new one and the old one gets stored in ur hanger, when u decide to swich back again u dont have to sell ur old blaster but u can take ur old blaster from ur storage and which. If you want to store items you need to build an storagebuilding on your planete. And you can only switch them on ur planete or mothership.

5. Unlimited buddy cap
Just make an unlimited buddycapicity, the more friends u have the more fun a game is and the higher ppl invite other friends to the game. 50 spaces is just to few and paying for more buddy’s is just not healthy

6. Trading and gifting
The title says it, maby it would be cool to implement a trading feature in wich ppl can sell there bps for cryons. And let ppl gift eachother cry or membership.

7. And who fergot about TC
I think we owe to receive a deadline for the finish of TC, we have been tricked to many times already. And a healthy invironment is based on trust.

8. Conclusion and other random thoughts
- Improved settings
- Pets
- Private places for clans/alliances where they can grind and have fun
- Storing purchased items in the hanger
- Greatly improving modifying ur ship
- Gifting (hole in the market) I want to gift crvendac membership :D
- Make the promise TC gets finished and keep it, also give us a date.
- Keep us entertained while they work on TC
- Decrease energy consumption or try to find other ways to make money with this game and make this game more accesable for nonpayers.
- Player emotes, discolights, flashing ur lights, rainbowpaints that move on ur ship, breathing paints.
- Hireing some computer controlled "gangs" to shoot with u.
- organise some minigames for entertainment

Srry for the long post, here have a patato XD

Greatings,

Flyfighter

danniel.noggle

Reaction score
heres another idea, for people who cant get good cryo from grinding for countless hours

how about using Gold to buy cryo packs :eek:

Tyrex874

Reaction score
Love it. Love it all. A couple other thoughts:

(Hiring some computer controlled "gangs" to shoot with u)
This is a must-have in my opinion. You don't always have friends to help, so this can make every grinder's life easier. I actually made a whole topic about this one, if u want to talk more

(Decrease energy consumption or try to find other ways to make money with this game and make this game more accessible for non-payers)
Absolutely. However, this one begs 1 question: What can bring more profits than the energy? It's basically Splitscreen's main source of income from this game, so this one will be hard to break. Just a thought