Fun/Fair PVP

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Hello , I read the Dev shack 4 , and I saw the goals , make pvp more entertaining etc.
These ideas are not ALL from me, i saw some things on dev shack and some ideas of other people , so i want to bring them together in one big thing.^^

I have four things to suggest :

1.Duel System
2.Pirate Mode System Reloaded
3.Matchmaking
4.Pvp LeaderBoard

The three first ideas can be interesting if you link them to the Pvp LeaderBoard.

1.Duel System :

The duel system is a system which allow you to ask a duel to another player.
When you click on the player you have a button " ask duel " , then you can fight your opponent without being killed by another player , you can see that as a " secure pm " , you can make pvp when and where you want , but without taking risk of being killed by another pilot than your opponent. It can be good for low level player .. and high level player too ^^.
You can also make a Squad Duel if you ,squad leader, ask a duel to another squad leader.

2.Pirate Mode System Reloaded ( count for Pvp LeaderBoard) :

This system is linked with the duel system , I think removing the PM of the game is removing something of the Pirate galaxy's spirit , so I'm proposing 2 kind of Pirate mode , the first PM is for duel , the second is a " Free PM" , this PM allow all player in " Free PM " to shoot you , and allow you to shoot all player in " Free PM".( when you activate PM it ask you if u want to make a duel or free pm )
If a player is in your visual range , it deactivate your boosters :)

3.Matchmaking( count for Pvp LeaderBoard) :

(I'm not sure if this can be called like this).The matchmatking is like an" opponent searching " you choose the tech ( mizar ) and you choose ancient or not. You can search with your squad too.
When you found your opponent your are teleported to the orbit of the pvp planet( maybe one of sol planets ?) 3 mins before duel starts , then you select your ship ( mizar in this case ) , you land and fight.
To be sure that people fight in all tech , one tech per day give more points than the other.

4.Pvp LeaderBoard :

The Pvp LeaderBoard has weakly reward I dont know what kind of reward for now.
It's simple , killing someone give you a certain amount of point.

Killing someone with ..:
Equal tech ( gold v gold for example ) 1 point
Ancient ( You : ancient vs gold ) 0.5 point
Gold ( You : gold vs ancient ) 1.5 points
Not equal tech : 0.1 point

With matchmaking you can have a +50 % bonus on your points when killing someone in the daily technology.

This system can motivate player to be skilled and to have strategy, not making 5v1 useless kills or One shot kills.

PS : I dont think these ideas are complete so feel free to say what it can complete it .. or if you dont like some ideas please tell me why ( because these ideas can have bad points ^^ )

bruser999

Reaction score
I like the idea of matchmaking for improve you can add that all weekend the top 10 of pilots that have more point or more duel wins obtain one reward as titles and boosters:

The top 1: Title: "Gold PVP Player", Booster: (for example) 10% more posibility of cryo and 10% more resistence or damage (pilot choose).

The top 2: Title: "The Silver Death" Boosters: 7% more posibility of cryo and 7% more resistence or damage (pilot choose).

The top 3: Title: "The Avenger Bronze" Boosters: 5% more posibility of cryo and 5% more resistence or damage (pilot choose).

The top 4 and 5: Title of 4 "The Revenge" Title of 5 "The Hunter". Booster for both: 5% more resistence or damage

Top 6 an 7: Title of 6 "The Marauder" Title of 7 "Sneaky". Booster for both: 3% more resistence or damage

Top 8,9 and 10: they can use the same title "Expert Pilot" and one reward like 20 mil of energy.

The duration of the booster can be 4 days and the pilot will have the title for one week and all weekend the clasification will be reset.

More specifically: The week 1 all pilots fight for the place in the clasification, in the Sunday the 10 pilot with more point obtain the reward and the clasification is reset for start the week 2

The boosters can be random all weeks

DaKuaz

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
DaKuaz
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
my opinion about ur two posts:
- I know such a duel system in point 1 from other games like "star wars the old republic" and its very nice its kind a pirate mode only ur opponent in duel can see - like it.
- brusers Name ranking is a good idea, but i think it should be rewarded with cryo and not with boosters.
(for Staff only: See for this idea also Silenz-Skys post about Few Ideas for PvP Overhaul.)
- The Idea of deviding the Pirate mode doesnt seem a good idea to me.
- Leaderboard with rewards would be awesome.
- also the pvp-generator (3.) sounds great to me -i would upgrade it to choose ship and tech and starting a pvp not knowing which ship and pilot u will face - great idea. :D

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Hi,
I really love most of the ideas exposed here, especially the duel mode and the matchmaking, but i feel the same as DaKuaz about the rewards. The ranking could be great too, but i do not really care about it as long as i have people to fight :p

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Duel system (1vs1 or squad) can be implemented by instantiation of Colossus with a special "duel" mission.

As Pirate Mode is temporaly activated when you land in Colossus, no need to activate any special mode for this kind of duel. You still can go to other tasks safe.

The third option also can be implemented in Colossus with more specific missions.