What's new

Fix The Game

Shutat_Gabrianni

Reaction score
While I do agree that the game is repetitive, and quite monotonous when it comes to grinding for cryonite, the fact is that was how the game was designed to be. Lets face it, a new player can be ran through SM's rather quickly if he/she gets into a good clan with helpful 85's. Energy is easily countered by membership. BP's are easily scavenged by Trackers. Cryonite and EXP farming are basically the only 2 equalizers in the game. They are the only things I've seen thus far (am only Lv.58), that seem to keep this game from being something that you can "Grind to level cap" in a few months, and start running Sirius with your Clan with a decent ship and tech installed. This game was never meant to be that easy. It was meant to take time, and lots of it.

However, I do feel that the amount of cryonite dropped could use a boost. Just not nearly the amount you suggest. An extra 100% increase would be more than enough, especially if the increase were implemented across the entire game. You can sit in Terasa and 1-shot Harvesters for almost 200 cryonite a pop as it stands right now (With PLUS Refiner Drone equipped and Lv.5). With an extra 100% boost to the amount of cryonite dropped, that would put Antares Harvesters roughly on par with what those in SOL currently drop, which would be insane in itself. You talk of 300-500% increase in cryonite drop. This would literally destroy the game itself. Taking something that drops roughly 500 cryonite, and making it drop 1500-2500 cryonite would not only kill what little "Long-term" play ability the game has, prior to Sirius, but I feel it would also be an extreme insult to those players who have toiled relentlessly to gather what is needed for a new ship in order to better him/herself and his/her Clan.

As for an increase in drop rate, I'm in agreement to this, but only to a certain extent. Standard drop rate would not be tampered with, in itself. When it comes to places you are over-tech'd for, I would suggest reduce the scope of the cryonite drop rate penalty. Capping it at 20% may not seem too harsh at first, but later when cryonite is desperately needed to get even a single good ship, it can easily lead to a situation where much hair is removed from your head in frustration. I would suggest to cut the drop rate penalty % by half. I see no real point in a penalty reaching more than 10% total. Still a loss, but not too damaging.

All in all, I do agree than some tweaking needs to be made involving cryonite, both in amount dropped and the drop rate itself. However, as the saying goes: "Everything is good in Moderation". Leaving the situation as-is, is not really good. Tweaking it too much would obviously destroy a good "Grind-style" MMO. Need to find a nice balance. Not saying my revision would be that "perfect" balance, but it's a lot more reasonable fair that what you suggested. No offense.

akwilsona

Reaction score
I really think they should just remove the penalty altogether. 20% is quite steep if you ask me. Why are we penalized to begin with? We get past the system using the system tech, we earned the cryonite to get what we want, and then we have to deal with a penalty because we want to fly the better ship and not die while getting cryonite? That would do wonders for many people on this game.

Shutat_Gabrianni

Reaction score
Wonder what happened to the original post in this thread. I didn't make this thread, only responded to it. lol

Gon

Reaction score
Shutat_Gabrianni said:
Wonder what happened to the original post in this thread. I didn't make this thread, only responded to it. lol
Moderators are deleting any unpleasant or negative comments about the game. It's normal here.

M

MasonicFreedom

Dude dont complain. The game is incredible compared to most that you will find online. There are no hackers and cheaters, its a peaceful game, no flaming and no lag. Its almost perfect :D

I do not see your problem. Support the game and it will get better :)

El_Metallick

Reaction score
MasonicFreedom said:
Dude dont complain. The game is incredible compared to most that you will find online. There are no hackers and cheaters, its a peaceful game, no flaming and no lag. Its almost perfect :D

jajajaj please go to Gaia and tell me again

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
@Awak
Shutat_Gabrianni said:
Gon said:
Shutat_Gabrianni said:
Moderators are deleting any unpleasant or negative comments about the game. It's normal here.
because the moderators seem to be weak and cant stand criticisms.

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
MasonicFreedom said:

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude the game has been in a steady decline for a long time. it is NOT getting better it is getting worse

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
Shutat_Gabrianni said:
While I do agree that the game is repetitive, and quite monotonous when it comes to grinding for cryonite, the fact is that was how the game was designed to be. Lets face it, a new player can be ran through SM's rather quickly if he/she gets into a good clan with helpful 85's. Energy is easily countered by membership. BP's are easily scavenged by Trackers. Cryonite and EXP farming are basically the only 2 equalizers in the game. They are the only things I've seen thus far (am only Lv.58), that seem to keep this game from being something that you can "Grind to level cap" in a few months, and start running Sirius with your Clan with a decent ship and tech installed. This game was never meant to be that easy. It was meant to take time, and lots of it.

However, I do feel that the amount of cryonite dropped could use a boost. Just not nearly the amount you suggest. An extra 100% increase would be more than enough, especially if the increase were implemented across the entire game. You can sit in Terasa and 1-shot Harvesters for almost 200 cryonite a pop as it stands right now (With PLUS Refiner Drone equipped and Lv.5). With an extra 100% boost to the amount of cryonite dropped, that would put Antares Harvesters roughly on par with what those in SOL currently drop, which would be insane in itself. You talk of 300-500% increase in cryonite drop. This would literally destroy the game itself. Taking something that drops roughly 500 cryonite, and making it drop 1500-2500 cryonite would not only kill what little "Long-term" play ability the game has, prior to Sirius, but I feel it would also be an extreme insult to those players who have toiled relentlessly to gather what is needed for a new ship in order to better him/herself and his/her Clan.

As for an increase in drop rate, I'm in agreement to this, but only to a certain extent. Standard drop rate would not be tampered with, in itself. When it comes to places you are over-tech'd for, I would suggest reduce the scope of the cryonite drop rate penalty. Capping it at 20% may not seem too harsh at first, but later when cryonite is desperately needed to get even a single good ship, it can easily lead to a situation where much hair is removed from your head in frustration. I would suggest to cut the drop rate penalty % by half. I see no real point in a penalty reaching more than 10% total. Still a loss, but not too damaging.

All in all, I do agree than some tweaking needs to be made involving cryonite, both in amount dropped and the drop rate itself. However, as the saying goes: "Everything is good in Moderation". Leaving the situation as-is, is not really good. Tweaking it too much would obviously destroy a good "Grind-style" MMO. Need to find a nice balance. Not saying my revision would be that "perfect" balance, but it's a lot more reasonable fair that what you suggested. No offense.
You bring up a good many interesting points. For the most part, my thoughts are that any 1 of the ideas would be enough to make the game worthwhile to play. Something like just increasing the drop rate to 25-35k maybe even 40k per hour instead of 10-20k per hour (im talking in terms of grinding with Harvs not Sirius) would make the game much easier and would result in much less time devoted to endless grinding.