Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
Hello,
I have a couple of questions about the drone update:

The current pumpkin drone heavily buffs the ships with rockets, however what about the Aim Scrambler item being used against a ship with Aim Computers? Or even, considering how "good" ( its very bad ) the aim scrambler is currently, the buffs to pumpkin drone will make it even worse, was this considered?

The assassin drone heavily pushes ships with an aim pc ahead as you can use a gold aim pc and get more damage, while ships that do not have it, again are left behind, not to mention usually aim pc is paired with rockets.

I thought about these issues and I managed to come up with some solutions, as I have previously worked in game design:
  1. Remove the cryo drone and make it a passive cryo booster for everyone that has it. There are a lot of drones in the game which puts pressure on the drones. Why should you give up a drone for a thing that is as little as 10% more cryonite? It somewhat made sense when there were 5 drones but now not really.
  2. Change the fan drone nerf to just a 10% - 10% as it is now. Nerfing it weakens ships that have average armor and average damage without an aim pc, if you wish to buff individual drones, do so by increasing the Armor and damage drones to 17.5%. It pushes out ships like Hunter, Hornfels or support ships.
  3. If you wish to increase the Pumpkin drone to such a high amount, and keep the assassin drone as the same, please buff the Aim Scrambler to be a good item, right now it barely works. Imagine a ship that relies on Aim Scrambler to survive ( VQ, Pitchstone ) having to fight a anything with an aim PC and rockets, constantly hitting critical rockets through the item that is supposed to counter it all along.
  4. Why not buff the RDX CD drone from 7.5% to 15%? This is a great opportunity to also buff ships that do not rely on rockets or critical hits ( Hunter, VQ etc ) and also settle the Speed Actuator vs R99 armor issue as any Speed Actuator ship could safely upgrade to the R99 armor while using the CD drone and having peak CD reduction as the R95 armor and a passive bonus.
Please, do consider these solutions and do not change what is not broken as lately these changes make more issues as you are making some items weaker ( tank items : scrambler ) and making Aim PCs and Rockets, even stronger. You do not need to please everyone but do not make completely overpowered ships and item combinations while others are crying in a corner.
The fact that I still see players saying aim scrambler is bad do not know it's use. The aim scrambler is one of if not the best item in a large PvP environment (CQ's and Colo) it allows you to survive longer than every item apart from the inverter (Power creep KEKW). The difference is you can combine it with a protector or a shield making it way more powerful (Best ship in this scenario too look at is a Poenari) but can be found on tanks as well. Obviously if the scrambler is being used in a smaller scenario the less effective it is.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
I'd agree that this update in idea is really good because it gives versatility and offers different play styles in pvp, although some stats on certain drones could be changed in my opinion to make both pvp and the fact that many people spent time and or money on getting them more fair.

- People not only spent money on the fan drone but also vast amounts of time in case they did it through events.
Nerfing it to 7.5% is a good idea if u ask me, or buffing basic drones to 15% but not both because it pretty much forces good players to want to use basic drones

- From what i've seen people were testing inside the game "hit" and "crit" chance drones seem to be flat bonuses. Strong aim pc which isn't a permanent bonus like the drones cant even rival the drones if combined. Making these drones have a multiplying bonus to your normal "crit" and "hit" rate would fix this issue though

SO in term the update is great but needs some tweaking to be balanced:

There is one solution which i haven't seen anyone suggest so far, which is to add another active drone slot rounding it up to 4. This would not only fix the oversized nerf of the fan drone which i'd still suggest should be changed bk, but it also makes a lot of sense considering the number of drones in the game is now far greater than in the past.

Thanks for the time devs :p,
Milutin

Last edited:

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
2. This is a more opinionated section of my post, but I guess I will say it. There are clearly massive skill and intelligence (In the game e.g items, drones, pvp etc.) gaps between players in this game I see a lot of people who I have played with in Conquests, Events or in squads at some point in PVE who are in no position to make these posts when they do not partake in PvP events more than a few times (Colo, 1v1s, CQs) and I would consider "Bad Players" in PVE mode. Yet I see the same people spamming under every post like they know the game better. I am wondering if the devs would some how communicate to players who have played their game for years are active recently and have a lot of experience in PvP and PvE modes to get opinions. No hate to anyone these are just my thoughts.
That is something quite natural in a mmo, with a mix of core and casual gamers, even more so when there are parts of the community focused on different aspects.
We have the testers and GMs, which are providing a lot of insight and ebst to my knowledge constist of a lot of longtime players, but still provide different views on things.
But we can not completly forget about new players, even when their numbers are low.
It is in generell a realy damn tightrope act.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
That is something quite natural in a mmo, with a mix of core and casual gamers, even more so when there are parts of the community focused on different aspects.
We have the testers and GMs, which are providing a lot of insight and ebst to my knowledge constist of a lot of longtime players, but still provide different views on things.
But we can not completly forget about new players, even when their numbers are low.
It is in generell a realy damn tightrope act.
I understand that I know it's hard to balance and I cant imagine the crap devs and gms have to deal with when i've seen the community for years :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I would like to hear your feed back on my other two points :)

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
So now that drones are 'balanced' why do spaceball drones even use more energy now?

More armor is stronger than damage 1/0.85 = 1.1765 so you need 17.65% more damage to equal 15% more armor.

Pure hit chance drone is not nearly as useful since pirate drone is still enough for the most desired effect of 100% blaster accuracy and still gives 5% cd.

RDA-02 drone still useless and needs like 10% bp droprate before I would consider it over drone swapping around 15% bp drone.

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
More armor is stronger than damage 1/0.85 = 1.1765 so you need 17.65% more damage to equal 15% more armor.
From what i remember (tests have been a few years ago and i might be wrong) a Thermoblast on raw ship does the same as a thermo from a 10% damag buffed ship to a 10% armor buffed ship. So that does equalize somehow.

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
So now that drones are 'balanced' why do spaceball drones even use more energy now?
Its actually worse before update these drones used 175% the energy now they use 225%. Why was this change not mentioned?

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Its actually worse before update these drones used 175% the energy now they use 225%. Why was this change not mentioned?
Because sometimes my excel automation is a bit exaggerating and it was not taking into account the actual limit of the players energycap.

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
I uninstalled game already with everything that had anything to do with it including discords etc and i just wanted to check how this very hard to develop project is doing... after seeing this i have urge to install it again just to uninstall it for the second time and burn the pc because everything is working as intended and people are crying for nothing... your git gud isnt funny or informative i suggest to change it to "deal with it". You are not kept hostage here there is actual world outside made with unreal engine 7 special edition SYD by hgus

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I uninstalled game already with everything that had anything to do with it including discords etc and i just wanted to check how this very hard to develop project is doing... after seeing this i have urge to install it again just to uninstall it for the second time and burn the pc because everything is working as intended and people are crying for nothing... your git gud isnt funny or informative i suggest to change it to "deal with it". You are not kept hostage here there is actual world outside made with unreal engine 7 special edition SYD by hgus
FB_IMG_1702475971831.jpg

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
So, after looking closely to every argument here i have 2 questions :

When Granit gets his HP back ?
When Anin-12 Parsec get usefull in pvp again ?
1702777793857.png

Best regards,

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
So, after looking closely to every argument here i have 2 questions :

When Granit gets his HP back ?
When Anin-12 Parsec get usefull in pvp again ?
View attachment 52916

Best regards,
Bruh, the time with granite is over and the parsec storm is good in my opinion. My Parsec was build for Sirius back then and slowly upgraded for tc storyline. Please don't compare those classic ships with the new ones (ne0n regular/X) - (rdx ships with tc techs) compared to those ships the granite and parsec storm seems like "weak" or "useless". Besides, these ships are hardly used in pvp, maybe the granite but what is it supposed to do against a chroma or hornfels?

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Bruh, the time with granite is over and the parsec storm is good in my opinion. My Parsec was build for Sirius back then and slowly upgraded for tc storyline. Please don't compare those classic ships with the new ones (ne0n regular/X) - (rdx ships with tc techs) compared to those ships the granite and parsec storm seems like "weak" or "useless". Besides, these ships are hardly used in pvp, maybe the granite but what is it supposed to do against a chroma or hornfels?
The parsec at the time was widely used for conquests with cq ship, but nowadays it seems very trollish to carry it, when the veiled is superior in every way, resistance, dps, speed

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Coz in the old days, having lot of hps and raming people with a 9000 tons truck was balance.
Using a secret prototype with big cowboy guns was enough to be a true pirate and it was balance coz normal sirius aim was better than the srong one.
1702920712737.png

Now we have some new complex ships, feels like electricla cars, no pleasure, sterilized with one shot or unlimited items, Trucks>Teslas

Last edited:

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Coz in the old days, having lot of hps and raming people with a 9000 tons truck was balance.
Using a secret prototype with big cowboy guns was enough to be a true pirate and it was balance coz normal sirius aim was better than the srong one.
View attachment 52934

Now we have some new complex ships, feels like electricla cars, no pleasure, sterilized with one shot or unlimited items, Trucks>Teslas
I'll be honest with you the old prototype ships on sirius felt like the long geared 41te overdrive transmission. Very robust and you could trust the armor and weapon systems.
80_drive_gear.jpg

The problem with these plug-in hybrid ships is that the regular prototype classes have been buffed to prepare TC1. These ships of today need drones, graviton and this complex atf6 additive we call "cortex". During this time, you can no longer rely on the ships' armor. The weapon systems also seem weaker as we experienced on sirius back then. That's why drones and cortex are unfortunately mandatory to ensure "endurance" on the planets
ZF_9HP_Animated_Schematic_Drive_Line_&_Nomogram.gif
But the current state is okay in my eyes and it feels much smoother already just like the 948te.

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
I'll be honest with you the old prototype ships on sirius felt like the long geared 41te overdrive transmission. Very robust and you could trust the armor and weapon systems.
View attachment 52935

The problem with these plug-in hybrid ships is that the regular prototype classes have been buffed to prepare TC1. These ships of today need drones, graviton and this complex atf6 additive we call "cortex". During this time, you can no longer rely on the ships' armor. The weapon systems also seem weaker as we experienced on sirius back then. That's why drones and cortex are unfortunately mandatory to ensure "endurance" on the planets
View attachment 52936
But the current state is okay in my eyes and it feels much smoother already just like the 948te.
*Sad V16 noises*
Soja driven ships with additives, no natural.
Need biger engines. Need more life.