GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
gonzaabel said:
About this test: IS AMAZING! IS REALLY AMAZING FIGHT WITH PILOTS OF ALL SERVERS! WE WANT REPEAT IT! :D

I think the same

* Opinion of many Aurora pilots: We want to merge all the servers * :sneaky:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
GOTIL0N said:
gonzaabel said:
About this test: IS AMAZING! IS REALLY AMAZING FIGHT WITH PILOTS OF ALL SERVERS! WE WANT REPEAT IT! :D

I think the same

* Opinion of many Aurora pilots: We want to merge all the servers * :sneaky:
Agreed, it's a lot more full with all of us together. :D

StickManTwit

Reaction score
Heavy artillery said:
GOTIL0N wrote:
gonzaabel wrote:
About this test: IS AMAZING! IS REALLY AMAZING FIGHT WITH PILOTS OF ALL SERVERS! WE WANT REPEAT IT!

I think the same

* Opinion of many Aurora pilots: We want to merge all the servers *

Agreed, it's a lot more full with all of us together.
That would be nice, except it might be a gamble. Some of the Spanish-speaking folk in the server weren't so kind to the rest of us.

Vigilante

Reaction score
StickManTwit said:
That would be nice, except it might be a gamble. Some of the Spanish-speaking folk in the server weren't so kind to the rest of us.

This, and he is saying it kindly compared to the rudeness we experienced. Don't merge servers, leave everything as it is.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Spanish speakers who behave in an inappropriate way can only do it in Spanish, very few are those who speak English fluently, can be ignored perfectly, in games where a single server has always been more beneficial, in this case More since PG is not a game of many players

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Why can't we just ignore them or report them if they won't stop being "GOOD GUYS".

Aratz said:
Please don't use rude nor offensive language at the forums.
Just behave yourself with others as you would like to be treated.

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Think merging servers aint a good solution, you still got problems with time difference, and most players have chosen a server for some reason, so forcing them to play with players from other servers won't be good.

But maybe the ability to let players change server when they want can work.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Being able to change servers I see as a possible solution too, but I stress something, many say a merger would not be such a good idea, however, if everyone has the freedom to choose the server, I assure you that ALL will be concentrated on the same server, Those who do not like will have two options, either undergo the change or leave the game, the most rational and common sense would be to submit, if you can not against them, join them

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
There are only 3 reasons to select a server:

1- language (some people don't like or can't speak foreign languages)
2- time zone (people usually likes to play at the same time than others)
3- mistake (errr...)

Time zone is unsolvable (we cannot make the sun appears at the same time all around the world). Mistake is not a big deal, everyone has the choice to create a new account in the desired server and start again from scratch (but an option to migrate accounts between servers will be nice). Language can be solved by creating multiple chat channels in a single server, as it was done in Steel Legions and Dino Storm. In fact those games have only a few servers classified by time zones.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
HGus said:
There are only 3 reasons to select a server:

1- language (some people don't like or can't speak foreign languages)
2- time zone (people usually likes to play at the same time than others)
3- mistake (errr...)

Time zone is unsolvable (we cannot make the sun appears at the same time all around the world). Mistake is not a big deal, everyone has the choice to create a new account in the desired server and start again from scratch (but an option to migrate accounts between servers will be nice). Language can be solved by creating multiple chat channels in a single server, as it was done in Steel Legions and Dino Storm. In fact those games have only a few servers classified by time zones.
Possible solutions for this would be the following:

If do not give a total fusion of servers, you can do a partial as you mentioned, similar to Dino Storm, which are divided mainly by time zones, with chat channels of different languages ​​and a global, I assume

Another alternative, already mentioned before, the possibility of migrating accounts, here I want to complement the idea with something that occurred to me last night before sleeping :p

These are taken based on another game I know

That there are at least 5 servers, each with different time zones, and with chat channels of different languages, in addition to the global, and if possible the remote possibility, a global chat of the 5 servers, will say that it is bad, but believe me , Is feasible, there are games with this system and it is beneficial

In addition to this, that each user at the time of choosing his pilot, can also choose one of these 5 servers at will whenever he wants, for what purpose ?, simple, on the subject of the clan, that a clan that someone believes, Including alliance, create a copy that is updated in the rest of servers, in order not to have to create a fleet and alliance on each server, all planets in each system will be synchronized on all five servers, Of Singularity, well, why do different servers exactly the same but with different time zones?

When paying a conquest, each clan and alliance will decide on which server to pay, adjusting to the timezone of that server, that payment will only be given on that server, until here comes the copy of the clan of the other servers, since it can carry Excessive expense of log files

The five servers may also be good so that there is an exaggerated number of pilots in one place, and thus can not hinder at absurd levels the farms of bps, crionita or anything else

The Hall of Fame would be handled the same, a copy for each server

I await your comments, and / or suggestions on this

PS: This game mencionated has over 11,000 active players a month, this system is scientifically proven to work

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
The thread moved to the English forum :sneaky:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
I'm not surprised it did, you'll know why i'm not.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Ok, now in proper topic... :)

It is not easy a merging, cause it implies putting in the same bag different characters created with the same account in different servers.
In another game I saw an implementation in two steps. First the host database is appended with the migrated, the accounts with pilots in more than one server get their names temporally renamed, something like [nameofpilot]@[server]. Second, when the player login for the first time after the merging, he/she is presented with a choice to keep one of the pilots and the other(s) are deleted, cleaning the @[server] suffix.
It doesn't matter if the pilots created in each server have different names, only one character per account will be allowed.
Other players will know when a pilot was not claimed yet just seeing the suffix (of course, the suffix should be constructed with a char forbidden for normal names creation, maybe not "@")

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
That sounds great, another thing I can think of is that instead of having to remove the other pilots from an account is:

That all pilots have a name by default as NamePilot [pilot number for register], simple example, if you created your account on December 15, your pilot will be named NamePilot1, then someone on December 16 was the next to register in another Server, it will be the NamePilot2, of course, there may be problems with the databases

But i like your idea :)

StickManTwit

Reaction score
For a game like PG, whereby people can actively hamper another's gameplay to a considerable degree, a server merge would seem a little arbitrary. Maybe in another game, whereby the experience was less connected to the actions of others, the merger may work. However, as I said beforehand, people from the other servers weren't so kind to the majority of us. Not to say all of them are unpleasant (I had a good experience with a few Spanish players in testing the PvP mechanics), but enough of them were unkind to be detrimental to our experience as a whole.

On the other hand, things were simply handed to us. Maybe a merger on a proper server where people actually move forward would actually work, provided that the aforementioned allocated chat servers come into place. Maybe a conversation with a GM or someone higher up at SS could be instigated?

A field test overall would be necessary. The game would definitely feel less empty with merged servers, but at what cost? Can overcrowding be an issue?

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
In all the servers there will always be people who want to annoy you the game, I have played games in which the crowd is brutal, and their actions do affect my progress in the game, however, personally I see it as a personal challenge

I say: I will not let anyone ruin the game, I will go and defeat them one day (VENDETTA! XD)

However, I would rather see more people go up in "subhuman" conditions than there is no one and those same players leave the game not because someone comes to annoy them but because it is empty, dead

On my home server every time I connect and go to a low system, I see that there is only one person (most of the time there is no one actually), I see the hall of fame that the active players are counted, and if it were someone New in the game would say: This is dead, not worth it, then, I quit the game

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
StickManTwit said:
However, as I said beforehand, people from the other servers weren't so kind to the majority of us. Not to say all of them are unpleasant (I had a good experience with a few Spanish players in testing the PvP mechanics), but enough of them were unkind to be detrimental to our experience as a whole.
I understand your point. Most of those players didn't went to test anything. They only wanted to get huge amounts of cryonite to build up their desired top ships and bully the players from other servers. They even say that the PTR was a "success" for that. A proper merging will keep the pilots in their original builds, without cheats.

@Gotilon: If a merging is going to be done, deletion of duplicated pilots is mandatory. Otherwise it is against CoC.

The purpose of the merging will be keep in touch high level pilots from current servers and newcomers. Not really an overcrowding, actually I think that it will be even less activity than 2011 pre Sirius...

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
You may be right about that, however, what do you suggest you can do on servers like Trantor, Aurora Aeria and Solaria? Who are the servidorea most affected by the little activity, there are no conquests, and seeing someone outside of Sirius is a miracle

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
That is the main purpose of this post, right?

The suggested merging is:

Askone, Kalgan, Aurora, Trantor and Korell in a single european server.
Solaria, Aeria and Gaia in an american server.

Chat channels for different languages (including the international), and a language flag shown by each pilot name to identify the channel that he/she is using, as implemented in Steel Legions.

Duplicated pilots (the ones created with the same account on different servers by timezone) subject to player choice, cleaning the unclaimed ones. The gold bought in the discharged ones should be moved to the final account.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
That seems a good idea too, would solve the problem of different time zones, although I think that letting migrate accounts would be good, I have already seen that many European players prefer to play on the most popular American server, I speak of Gaia