What's new

Complaint

alpha3

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place for this but i'm still going for it.

I have a friend in Solaria. I have no connection to him in real life at all so i know him just in game. He is shy and nice but he said that a rude player had been trying to bully him and abuse him in front of the public. He was too shy to go to the forum and complain so i am doing it for him (With his permission). There is more to this but I will not say anything else.

I need to know if this is tolerated by the Administration at all. I know it's fine to just say someone, "I will kill you!" but embarrassing and abusing someone in front of public is not something to be ignored in my mind. Need administration's attention please.

WRAITH1

Reaction score
my 2 cryo worth:

almost all games have rules about abusing any player as i know but usually the procedure is for the involved acc to submit a TICKET with PROOF... (as to HOW look around in the forum im sure theres a post as how to make time visible(f11) and take a snapshot (print screen or the other method))

i must say ur post sounds a bit weird and illogical to me but just in case u just happen to lack info i gave u some above.....
i say "weird+illogical" because:
1- theres a muting function for chat if someone is annoying and why would i care wht they say if i dont see?!
---case u dont know yet u can block someone easiest if u click on them or their name in chat
(switch to main chat for tht to work and double clcik the name of the player his profile will apear)
2- if tht person is too "shy" how come tht person comunicates well enough with u and and is active in public chat and cant communicate with GMs and support ?
imo if a person is too "shy" for a online MULTIPLAYER (= multi character) game tht cant b solved online and tht person should maybe abstain from activities tht create disconfort and seek RL assistance if its a real impediment.

akwilsona

Reaction score
Here's a more helpful response.

Your friend needs only to do 1 thing, and that is this:

Open your buddy list, and go to "Find Pilot"(Button is on the bottom). Type in the abusive pilot's name, and then click the button to open that pilot's profile. One of the buttons on the bottom is "Block/Mute". Have your friend press that, and whomever else they are having a problem with. That pilot and your friend are not allowed to send messages, private chat, or send buddy requests to each other, and will not see any chat by them. You can also have his/her friends do the same to said player so they do not need to warrant any response to anything said in chat.

If, after doing this, the problem seems to persist for some unknown reason, have them Submit a ticket with screenshots of said behavior to the GMs. You can press the "?" button on top of the screen and "Report a Problem" for more information regarding tickets.