What's new

Change of engineers

Death-Hunter

Reaction score
Hello,

I dont know if any one is still reading this and actually looks at the suggestions.
But i'd like to suggest a change the way engineers can be used.
Now engineers can only heal or materialize buddies/clan members/allies who are not in a active mission, or when your in squad with them.
This results in engineer almost not being used.
I played this game more then 5 years and ive seen engineers get pushed away more and more over time.
this is such a shame to players who like to be supportive.

It would be alot better if engineers are free in use of items on any one you run into, also engineers should be able to help any one that is on a active mission while your not in a squad, but only by a engineer of the same system to keep the balance of the game.
This way engineers might become more appreciated again.

So free item use on anyone you run into who are not in a mission without system tech restrictions.
Outside squad help for players in a mission with the same system tech also available for every player you run into

I hope some one will read this and it can get in consideration.

Best regards,
Death-Hunter

passenger8

Reaction score
-so it was in the past, and have been changed for a more fair gameplay, hunter.
-what i would like the engineer to be able of, is selfmateralizing with the item materializer.
(so that this item still has a value in these selfmaterializing days?:)

Death-Hunter

Reaction score
the first rule was in the past indeed, the second however wasnt
the second rules is to keep balance of the game.
what i sayd is you cannot go gemini with sirius engineer and help some one that is in a mission and make him indestructible.
you can only help players who are doing a mission with the same type system engineer!

people who are randomly shooting around a planet can be healed by any other engineer wich you already can do when u have him as buddie so that doesnt change much only engineer would be able again to heal any other player who is not your buddy.

So this is different from what it was in the past, i dont think this would unbalance the game :!:

MissyJinx

Reaction score
As far as I remember, both statements have been a thing in the past. Any system engineers could provide outside squad help regardless of an active mission running.

Sure they could make it available to same system only but even then, that's no fair play as mission mantis is calculated based on the number of squad members. And someone with a strong prot, strong RT, strong RF on outside would make missions a whole lot easier than they already are.

I wouldn't mind seeing that possible as long as there is no mission running. That's my opinion on this topic.