What's new

Buying ships/tech at any rank (with a twist..)

Tyrannus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Sol-
Rank
Here, what I suggest is rather simple:

Anyone can buy any ship at any rank providing they have the cryonite.

BUT, that's where the little twist comes in; you cannot use that ship until you are the right rank.

This also works the same way with tech. If you install tech that is higher ranked than you, then you cannot fly that ship until you: Remove it, or reach the needed rank.

Imo, I think this could be a good way to start preparing for a ship before you are the right rank, and could save the trouble of having to save cryo (which you could lose by podding). Thus, when you reach the right rank for the ship, you'll already have the ship (that you prepared for) ready to fly, saving you a bit of hassle.

EG. You are level 66, and have completed Weaponized Methanoids (and thus have the lvl 70 ships), you also have the cryonite to buy one. So you buy your desired lvl 70 ship and also tech it out. BUT, you cannot use that lvl 70 ship as you are not the correct rank. You then grind some XP to lvl 70 and voila, you can now fly it. :D

This is just a suggestion of mine. Any feedback/constructive criticism is appreciated.

-Tyrannus

A

Adrana

I like this idea, very practical and cannot be base of any abuse, I'd say would a be a good way to prepare for whats ahead, investing in the future, that might also make the players to stay a bit more in the game, and to work on the ships, might also help for those pilots who say they are bored, there would be less players selling previous ship and tech. :cool:

Will be a great help for pilots who cannot purchase gold and with it Cryonite Vaults etc.
This way instead of loosing that cry it will go as into a "bank".

R

Ramirez

At least Split must make it so that they allow players the buy of ships and items even when the lv of these is higher then their current lv.

Atm it is so when you wanna buy an ship or item which is higher then your lv the system says bla bli blub your lv is to low to purchase this and so on. The idea would be really nice when it would be an great way to prepare the ship of the next system part by part while you farm cryos and lv up for it...

If these idea would be used by split is the other opinion and the shadow side of the medal...

Ace flyer

Reaction score
I like it, i'll buy Sol storm if it's possible, but i'm only on Molikar search.

DaRK_XePHoN

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Shankz
Rank
Clan
Hotblaster-jr
There can be problems to that idea, such I'm on Moon with lvl 52, I get som lvl 55 Stuff and I equip it in my level 45 ship, this ship gets unusable for me, and can be the only ship I have to play, so then I must sell what I equiped to that ship to use it, with the logical loose of cry.

Eargos

Reaction score
i don't know... :S

then a player buy a storm, reach the needed rank, fly in the new system and then he see that he
better prefered a tank... as example.

how it is at the moment, you save your kryo till you can buy a ship, gives you also time to
think about, what you maybe need at a new system/level.
because a lot of player doesn't think about it...

alekjoao98

Reaction score
It's a really good idea :D, you can have lv 25 and the cryonite for a parsec or dominator and buy it with restriction, the same as buy an ancient ship good idea Tyrannus ;).