What's new

Bug Reporting Guidelines version 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delloda

Reaction score
Bug Reporting 101 or How to file a Bug Report

Reason for Bug Reports

Sending a bug report sends a ticket direct to the developers, the guys who can fix it. That is why we need it in clear English and following the specs below exactly so they can see and find problems fast. Any reports that do not have to proper info means that we have to play "email tennis" for days to get all the info we need to pinpoint and fix a problem.

There is no point in ranting in the forums or PMing me saying "I wantz my itams back now.. grr" and stuff like that, a bug report to the ticketing system is your best answer.

Please provide bug reports following the format below so we can provide the best possible assistance.

Headline:

Please provide a meaningful subject header that best describes the problem in the fewest possible words. Things like “I gets no XP“, “help me, i bugged“ are no help to anyone and wastes time in the tracking process.

Version:

Always state the version of the game so we can check if it has already been reported; if we have already fixed it for release in the next version, or if it is an old bug that is back again to haunt us after we thought it was already fixed.

Pilot name:

Sometimes bugs only occur on specific accounts so we need to know either the in-game name of the affected pilot or the name of the affected account so we check examine the account logs for any indications of the bug that is reported.

Server:

The server is also important as sometimes they have a different configuration and therefore behave different in the same situation.

Steps to reproduce:

If we can't reproduce a bug we can't fix it simple as that! So provide in detail what you did to produce this bug. Best is if you try to do the bug “ONE” more time so you can be sure you did reproduce it. But even if you can't reproduce it try best to describe every detail like:

“I clicked on the friends button on top then I entered the name whoever and clicked on the add to friends list button and nothing happened“.

Including good clear screen shots of the problem can also aid the resolution of bugs. This is by far the most important part in a good bug report.

Time:

Sometimes bugs only occur at a specific time due to maintenance, lags etc. So providing the time together with your timezone helps us to gather additional information.

Technical Information:

Sometimes bugs only consists with specific hardware or software. So the Operating System, the browser type and version, the java version etc. is important. Especially helpful is a java error log that the Java VM produces if there is a problem. This info can be gained from when the java crashes as askes if you want view the error log. Copy everything in this log into the bug report.

Also start the compatibility check Medic applet below the Browser version or here Compatibility Check Medic Applet and from a directx diagnosis report and copy this information to the bug report.

What to do with the bug report?

Email it to support@pirategalaxy.com to enter it into our ticketing system!

Status
Not open for further replies.