What's new

Boosters unfair in PvP: do you agree?

mark750

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would like to tell you all a little thing.
Probably everyone knows the speed booster, and expecially how annoying it is during pvps..
Basically, it provides an HUGE advantage against the enemy since, being faster, you can:
-Avoid orbital strikes by simply moving around (while non-boosted people can't)
-Keep on using ranged weapons (like SniperBlast) , which affect a lot non boosted people since well..they cannot reach you
-Stay away from tank ships and expecially from their aggrobomb, which makes the tanks pretty much worthless (and we all know how useless they have become since the arrival of RDX ship..)
And much more unfair situations that i'm not going to type now..
My idea is to NOT simply remove it from the game..since it really helps expecially on sirius..but to limit its use during pvp situations.
Like the armor and firepower boosst aren't effective in pvp, the speed booster shouldn't be effective against other players..by, for example, deactivate it when the player has pirate mode enabled..
If it doesn't work in conquests, why should it help and create an unfair advantage against non-paying users?
Thanks for reading, please tell me what you think about it in the comments :)

sierra

Reaction score
:arrowup: :arrowup: Yeah you're right,booster shouldn't work when you fight other players (but not definitively since it's usefull in sirius), it should be like, when you get attacked by another player the booster goes off ,and comes back 1 min after the last attack.
PvP should be a fair fight since not everyone likes to use booster, ah and booster= no orbital strike and thats not fair for players that use ships with OS.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
speed boosters cannot be used on colossus and cq planets, i think thats enough. shooting other players keeps still unfair when you deactivate speed boosters.
Someone will complain about ancient blueprints.
Someone will complain that you are in an other system ship (shooting mizar ships with sirius f.e.)
Someone will complain that you have drones he hasnt.
And please remember the speed drone. You can do the same things like mark750 already said. At least with a dominator you can avoid orbital strikes with a speed drone.

Extra Info: the upcoming updates will include changes for PvP. Just wait and have a look on it.

katana33

Reaction score
yep i totally agree to you Mark. it makes pvp a lot unfair to unboosted people and they have really huge advantage in pvp. i also would love it deactivated when PM is on. if we deactivate it on cq planets and colossus ,lets do in every system too. speed booster ruines whole fun to people withou it ;)

katana33

Reaction score
Gladiator said:
speed boosters cannot be used on colossus and cq planets, i think thats enough. shooting other players keeps still unfair when you deactivate speed boosters.
Someone will complain that you are in an other system ship (shooting mizar ships with sirius f.e.)
And please remember the speed drone. You can do the same things like mark750 already said. At least with a dominator you can avoid orbital strikes with a speed drone.

Extra Info: the upcoming updates will include changes for PvP. Just wait and have a look on it.
someone will complain about ancient bps ? everyone can wait and get it someday for free , like we all do.
someone will complain about noobpodding ? then dont go red if u cannot defend yourself vs lvl 85 guy. but its another issue when u got maxed pvp ship but someone comes and has lots of chances of podding u just coz he is boosted and u are not.
noobpodding is one thing and using speed booster is another thing :)
and about drones , everyone can get drones for free . some while events and some drop every time u know.
and u compare having speed drone and having top boost + speed drone ? its much difference there.

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
i have heard that graviton in use under pvp is being a coward? i dont think so. they're there to be used. ;)

sierra

Reaction score
Gladiator simply not true,you can't avoid os in any ship without using speed boost (we are talking abt avoiding it without using ab,if u use ab you can avoid it even without drone and in puni :) ) for dominator you need 29 % booster to avoid os, 15 % not enough,for really fast ships like poenari you can do it with just 25 % ;) . Anyway i agree that ppl still will say you got that and this,for the bps and drones you work to get them and if you do have them it is not your fault that others are lazy, for booster you don't need to do much to get it :)

katana33

Reaction score
LimitedHansen said:
i have heard that graviton in use under pvp is being a coward? i dont think so. they're there to be used. ;)
gravitons we all get for free . so it is not tragedy to use it . but we cant get speed booster for free ;)

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
katana33 said:
LimitedHansen said:
gravitons we all get for free . so it is not tragedy to use it . but we cant get speed booster for free ;)
Exactly. :D

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
sierra said:
Gladiator simply not true,you can't avoid os in any ship without using speed boost (we are talking abt avoiding it without using ab,if u use ab you can avoid it even without drone and in puni ) for dominator you need 29 % booster to avoid os, 15 % not enough,for really fast ships like poenari you can do it with just 25 % . Anyway i agree that ppl still will say you got that and this,for the bps and drones you work to get them and if you do have them it is not your fault that others are lazy, for booster you don't need to do much to get it
i didnt talk about afterburner, talked about a dominator with speed drone, punishers are f**king slow :-D
I already did it like that, where is your Problem? It doesnt work when you turn left or right, but when you fly without it its possible! I will try it again the next time i will do pvps with friends on Kalabesh, but it was a nice sound on the TS server when my opponent is shouting when this happens :)

katana33 said:
Gladiator said:

someone will complain about ancient bps ? everyone can wait and get it someday for free , like we all do.
someone will complain about noobpodding ? then dont go red if u cannot defend yourself vs lvl 85 guy. but its another issue when u got maxed pvp ship but someone comes and has lots of chances of podding u just coz he is boosted and u are not.
and about drones , everyone can get drones for free . some while events and some drop every time u know.
and u compare having speed drone and having top boost + speed drone ? its much difference there.
I am form Korell, we became famous, because most of our players are crying when nearly nothing happens :) Its very annoying when you have to read this every day.

sierra

Reaction score
Gladiator said:
sierra said:
Gladiator simply not true,you can't avoid os in any ship without using speed boost (we are talking abt avoiding it without using ab,if u use ab you can avoid it even without drone and in puni ) for dominator you need 29 % booster to avoid os, 15 % not enough,for really fast ships like poenari you can do it with just 25 % . Anyway i agree that ppl still will say you got that and this,for the bps and drones you work to get them and if you do have them it is not your fault that others are lazy, for booster you don't need to do much to get it
i didnt talk about afterburner, talked about a dominator with speed drone, punishers are f**king slow :-D
I already did it like that, where is your Problem? It doesnt work when you turn left or right, but when you fly without it its possible! I will try it again the next time i will do pvps with friends on Kalabesh, but it was a nice sound on the TS server when my opponent is shouting when this happens :)

katana33 said:
Gladiator said:

I am form Korell, we became famous, because most of our players are crying when nearly nothing happens :) Its very annoying when you have to read this every day.
Unless that was a mantis os yeah you might have done it but vs player nope,but yeah if you can,make a video and post it on utube ;)

alekjoao98

Reaction score
It's time to make the game worth and fair in PVP don't you think?
Also seeing unskilled players using speed boosters against GMs is frustrating... :x :oops:
So please whether you remove it as quick as you did in Colossus and Conquests, you ought to do it in PvPs.. :sneaky:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Yes, that's a good point to make PVP more fair. We could pause the speed booster as long as the pirate mode is active or when playing on pvp enabled planets (CQ, Colossus). We might introduce that in the upcoming PVP rework.

mark750

Reaction score
Highway said:
Yes, that's a good point to make PVP more fair. We could pause the speed booster as long as the pirate mode is active or when playing on pvp enabled planets (CQ, Colossus). We might introduce that in the upcoming PVP rework.
Thank you very much for your answer! This shows the developers are still with us and want to help us!

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Highway said:
Dont forget to pause the timer aswell! :mrorange:

katana33

Reaction score
Highway said:
just think about pausing it while pirate mode is on. when player gets PM off then he can keep using booster again . in this way every side will be glad . booster users(they wont loose money) and non booster users too :)
looking forward on you and thanks for attention !
P.S i am sure fun and fair pvp will keep and get back many lvl 85 people in game because when player has maxed acc he has nothing to do excepting helping others or PvP.

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
Thats why pirate galaxy will die, no new content just stupid changes for no-payer.

katana33

Reaction score
Mastian said:
Thats why pirate galaxy will die, no new content just stupid changes for no-payer.
Dont be selfish please . i am not noob in MMO games and i know without payers game will die, but everything cannot spin around you just coz u can afford more stuff than us :)) and fair game play will be fun for everyone , ofc excepting noobs who buy boosters to win pvp ^^