What's new

A new Mantis idea

thehunter3

Reaction score
I thought up of a new mantis called the Mantis Ebil (Not a typo)

It is a little rarer than standard mantis and it wanders around planets randomly. It only appears in Draconis and Sirius. It is black in colour and slightly transparent much like assassins. It is fairly large and will follow you everywhere even going with you to orbit (Though only you can see it in orbit.) It has very strong armour that can only be damaged by Rockets,Thermoblasts,Aggrobombs,or temporarily made vulnerable by stun charges.It has no weaponry but permanent aim scramblers and shields. It will follow you adapting to your ships speed for about 5-10 minutes. In this time it will slowly spawn cloaked interceptors and one custodian commander. Soon the Mantis Ebil will use a Annoyance Lock on you keeping you in combat mode and slowing your movement speed. The 10 or so interceptors will uncloak and so will the custodian. Now shout IT WAS EVIL ALL ALONG! and hope your luck holds.

destroya

Reaction score
Too stalkerish.

I recommend a large Mantis Ebil on the surface. After spotting you, it enables a shield around itself, and interceptors and one mantis custodian lands in 2 waves.

Wave 1: 3 inters.
Wave 2: 5 inters and a custodian

And when you're busy engaging the inters, it enables afterburners and runs away, after aggravating you, of course.

A clever Mantis. For once.

3 Ebils can gang together to decimate a pilot.

Cry Drop : 75% of harvesters.

If you want, send me a quick sketch, and I can make a quick 3d model of the concept.

-swaschan