What's new

A new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinned

Reaction score
"What news do you have for me agent?"
"Nothing interesting sir, except for a few protests in Earth. Nothing serious, they'll take care of it in no time."
"Fine, let me remind you that we cannot afford another change of plans, whatever happens, that ship must be launched!"
"The situation is under control, the ship will be launched as planed."
"When will the transporter arrive?"
"It will be here in about 6 hours."
"Very good."

The man closes the communication channel and leaves his room heading to the ship's bridge. On his way there, he stops at the admiral's office to inform him that everything is going according to the plan. Contrary to his expectations, the admiral appears to be pretty worried after receiving the news:

"There is no reason to worry Admiral."
"These protests, what are they about?"
"From what I know, just some group of low lifes protesting against Earth Government."
"I fear this might interfere with our plans, what do you think Captain?"
"The opposite sir, I think these protests are not to be taken seriously. I am pretty sure the government will not let them escalate into violence."
"Let's hope so Captain."
The captain leaves the admiral's room and proceeds to the bridge. He takes a seat in his captain cheair and orders his helmsman to increase the speed."
"With the current speed, we will be there in 20 minutes Sir."
As the captain is about to say something, a severe explosion shakes the whole bridge. One of the officers on the captain's right starts screaming about something, but he is also interrupted by a second explosion. Unlike the crew which seems to be in panic, the captain is perfectly calm. While remaining in his seat and typing something in his left console, the captain calmly orders the officer in the left to target the attackers. The officer, who has fallen from his seat because of the explosion, quickly gets
up and starts typing in the console. After identifying the targets, the officer get's a calmer look in his face.
"Just a few pirate frigates, this won't take long." As he is talking, the Admiral is seen entering the bridge.
"What's the situation Captain?"
"Pirates...apparently they did not recognize our ships or they would have run the hell out of here."
"Teach them a lesson Captain, but don't destroy their pods please."
"As you wish Sir. Helm, rockets ready!"
"Ready to fire Sir!"
"Fire."

A few moments ago all that remained there were the wreckages of the pirate frigates and their pods, the attacked ships were long gone. By this time they were about to enter the stargate. No one had figured it out yet how these giant gates worked, all one had to do was having an astrogation chip in their ship. These keys were also a mystery on their own, found in ancient temples spread throughout planets.
5 ships appeared on the other side of the stargate, where two twin suns could be seen. A starbase was positioned next to the stargate, but it was too small for the ships to dock.

The hangar gates were opened and a small shuttle entered dock 11. A group of people were waiting nearby. As the admiral and his bodyguards left the shuttle, the group also started approaching.
“Deluvian, you are finally here.”
“Let's get this over Denor.”
“Why hurry so much? I always thought of you as a very patient man.”
“Every thing has a limit Denor, now where is the meeting room?”
“Very well, follow me...and welcome to Gemini by the way.”
The two men left the dock while the rest of the group remained there. Meanwhile Denor and Deluvian had already made their way to the elevator. It took them to the thirteenth floor. Than they started walking towards a huge gate guarded by two heavily armed guards.
The two men entered what appeared to be a conference room, with a circular table in the middle. The table had 15 seats, two of which were empty. The men sat quietly without saying a word. Not a few seconds later the meeting begun.

“Welcome to Gemini ladies and gentleman. My name is Levictus Rex, I was chosen to represent the Gemini Colony. Now let's get into the topic. As you know, last month we encountered another intelligent life form known as the Mantis. At first they ignored us, but lately they have started raiding our mines and stealing our cryonite. Our space fleet is pretty weak right now, so we are in need of new advanced ships to protect our colony. We are willing to pay any reasonable price in cryonite as long as you give us high quality ships. Please, feel free to make your offers.” As soon as the man sat down, the younger man in his left got up and started speaking.
“I am here on behalf of Gemini Corporations. I just want to let you know that we are willing to cooperate with your companies in order to produce products of high quality, the cost of the this cooperation will be dependable but I am sure we can consensus.” He was followed by a woman sitting on the opposite side of the table.
“Although Antares Industries is not really interested to work with Gemini Corporations, we are willing to help your colony against this alien threat. Releasing our prototype models might be economically dangerous for AnIn, but we will lower the cost of our ships for your colony by 20%.”
“Sol Technologies on the other side would be happy to cooperate with GC in this attempt to create advanced ships, on the condition that Sol Technologies be given rights to produce and sell the ships.”
Several other attendants spoke during the meeting, except Deluvian who remained quiet. At least until Levictus Rex addressed him:
“What about you Deluvian, do you have any offer for us?”
“My company will provide you with our latest Deluvian armor prototypes, as well as DI-X Harbinger, DI-XY Sniper models and our most advanced weaponry. We do not want any cryonite in return, but there is one condition. You must allow our ships access and safe passage through your colony territory.” The Gemini Colony did not allow Deluvian Industries ships in their system because of a recent incident between then.
“That sounds reasonable.”
“Very well than, we have a deal. However, violating these conditions will result in immediate withdrawal of our property and pilots.” Deluvian finished the sentence and left the room. All other attendants did not say a word and seemed shocked, as if someone had used a stun gun on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.