What's new

#10 Tau Ceti Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Hey space pirates,

After a very long development cycle we are happy and proud that we could give you a new Conquest system that we wanted to be fun and rewarding at the same time. We hope that over time more clans will join Conquest battle for cryonite and stir up the competition; earning their fame through Golden Skulls in the reworked ladder system which is now almost out of beta after having been introduced quite a few years ago. We have plans to use the skulls rewarded by the ladder in the future; they may be treated like a new currency… but that is a topic for another Dev Shack :whistle:

A few of you noticed that we were working in parallel on a big Dino Storm update that was released shortly after the Conquest update went live. With these two large milestones behind us, we can move on to the next update for the Tau Ceti system! :celebrate:

Tau Ceti Part 4
With part 4, the Tau Ceti system will see its completion, and it will include a few surprises. Here is a short spoiler-free overview of what you can expect from it:

• Continuation of the storyline
  • New story planet
  • ~8 story missions
  • ~120 regular missions
  • New achievements
  • Next tier blueprints including rare ones
  • 2 Tau Ceti system ships
  • Tau Ceti Reactor Challenge planet
  • Introducing Advanced Tau Ceti armor for ne0n and parsec ships

Our current time schedule shows that the update might be ready late this year.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Really good job!😵 i'm so excited😁

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
They way that Tau Ceti are going into will be different than other Starsystems. Thats why 8 Storymissions. If you completed TC Part 3 you will understand what i mean - "Homeworld of the Mantis" that all i say 😁

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
The planet looks outstanding and pretty, especially the nebula around it... So few questions from me as each DevShack, we had You answering questions so here they are:

1. Is this planet even in Tau Ceti system? Or is it the nebula changing the colour and the star is still Tau Ceti?
2. What kind of new items will we have incoming patch? If we even gonna have any?
3. Only eight story missions, so I hope they will include a lot of teamwork and prices for them?
4. Will rares drop only on TC4 Planet or we can expect them on the Calon, Venar and E(iU) as well?
5. How about the difficulty? As we saw before, we had to get nerf on the units to make it easier before on Calon and E(iU). However, with rares, it shouldn't be that hard now and soon, with them, we will be able to one-shot even Calon units, so will the difficulty of older planets be increased a little bit with the patch?
6. How about the tech levels on planets? Will we be able to do missions on Venar and EiU with Rare TC Tech in the future?

Thanks for answering and take care :D

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
The planet looks outstanding and pretty, especially the nebula around it... So few questions from me as each DevShack, we had You answering questions so here they are:

1. Is this planet even in Tau Ceti system? Or is it the nebula changing the colour and the star is still Tau Ceti?
It seems that this Planet is not in Tau Ceti at all. I think either we accept the first Mission and go to Stargate and jump into Caprica or a Wormhole appears in Tau Ceti where Lagrange System will introduced. 😶
That was one of my craziest theories i've never mentioned that here.. https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/threads/the-brotherhood-of-vega-system.36304/post-192907
.., but it seems to make sense now, especially if you follow the Storyline closely. 😜

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank

It seems that this Planet is not in Tau Ceti at all. I think either we accept the first Mission and go to Stargate and jump into Caprica or a Wormhole appears in Tau Ceti where Lagrange System will introduced. 😶
Well considering the factors we see it seems to be a new system cus the thing on the uper left side of the Planet seems to be the sun of the system + the other background is unknown at the current point.

Maybe the thing with "only 8 SM" is related to something that is similar to the way how we unlocked TC where we had to complete a couple of missions to prepare "The S.U.R.G.E" again in order to overcharge the Stargate even more this time :sweatgrinning:

I admit i still haven´t completed TC3 at this point but somehow it seems to be difficult to find enough Pilots to have the firepower or i just hit unlucky times atm so i have not the full idea of the TC3 story and "what it shows/reveals".

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Well considering the factors we see it seems to be a new system cus the thing on the uper left side of the Planet seems to be the sun of the system + the other background is unknown at the current point.

Maybe the thing with "only 8 SM" is related to something that is similar to the way how we unlocked TC where we had to complete a couple of missions to prepare "The S.U.R.G.E" again in order to overcharge the Stargate even more this time :sweatgrinning:

I admit i still haven´t completed TC3 at this point but somehow it seems to be difficult to find enough Pilots to have the firepower or i just hit unlucky times atm so i have not the full idea of the TC3 story and "what it shows/reveals".
If i was on your server i would help you out there :D

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I hope its not mantis hive, i hope no second reworked planet
You can look at the story from the brotherhood post, maybe there is an answer for your question.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
You can look at the story from the brotherhood post, maybe there is an answer for your question.

Is that "brotherhood" story made up or for real?

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Is that "brotherhood" story made up or for real?
Well .. Yes.. This it not fanfiction. All information i've gathered are from the storyline 😌 it took some time to write it correctly down, so that everyone could easily understand it and makes sense to read 😁

linfi20

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Vergonzoso
Rank
Lo de arriba por dos.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Still calling it tau ceti part x when there's clearly a new star system that definitely isn't tau ceti. Things are getting good

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
can't wait to see

Status
Not open for further replies.