What's new

Concrete plans for the future of the game?

Z0ckt

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Z0ckt
Rank
As of October 2024, do the developers have plans to add new star systems and planets to the game? It would be great if the PVE content would be continued, as it has interested me the most so far. Are there any plans on the part of the developers to make the game more popular again? Perhaps through further releases and more advertising? What about Steam? Epic Games? GOG? There was an entry for Pirate Galaxy on Steam Greenlight at the time. The game needs more players so that more clans can be formed. This has been mentioned many times, but there is still no clear answer to this. At some point, all players will have completed everything... The last major update was the revision of the spaceship blueprints. This at least shows that the game is still being worked on.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Tbf the Item Overhaul was never mentioned by the devs at any point that there is something like that planed. It was more or less a situation ala "We want did overhaul a bunch of items come to the PTR to test them so we can adjust the one or another point and then make the overhaul go live". The only info we have received is that at some point player controlled invasions should be a thing but how it should work and when it will come is still unknown.

In case of Steam and/or platforms not really sure if it will be a thing cus as you mentioned at Steam the game was greenlit but then never made it to the Steam Store for whatever reason. Be it challenges with implementation or the fee that Steam charges for every sale made over Steam is something only the devs know and as they never really said anything about the reason i assume we will not get any information on this matter.

That the game needs a larger playerbase is clear on one side but on the other side a larger playerbase could cause other issues that the devs then have to take care off like ensure that the servers can handle a larger playerbase for example.

It brings the game nothing if more players are around if the servers can´t handle them all to ensure a smooth game experience.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I'll just say, Highway said one time this

1727958040904.png

This date

1727958085711.png

And

1727958103318.png

In addition to controlled invasions, we are theoretically still owed a pvp update part 2

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
The issue just is the following: What new players? Even if i have no evidence and/or numbers but i´m pretty sure tha the number of new players each months will not exceed the 100 mark as the game has no advertisment at all so that potential players would even be aware of the game to try and play it so the lower systems are mostly empty aside from those who may hunt some gold bps or try to get achievements done eventually and those players are mostly endgame players anyways so they have the experience and know others already.

So even if those pirate raids or player controlled invasions or whatever would be a thing it would not really help to remedy the lack of new players coming. Most players who are still around are the core of players who may play the game since launch or joined at a later point but continue to play.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
How is it that vesp always knows when, how, and why the game needs X, Y or Z thing?

It's like he arrives to any player's post that has a genuine doubt and shows them the absolute book of knowledge he carries around to teach all of us the way of light. :ROFLMAO:
vesp.png

Last edited:

Jackal

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Jackal
Rank
If only that "absolute book of knowledge" he carries around wasn't full of misinformation...

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
The issue just is the following: What new players? Even if i have no evidence and/or numbers but i´m pretty sure tha the number of new players each months will not exceed the 100 mark as the game has no advertisment at all so that potential players would even be aware of the game to try and play it so the lower systems are mostly empty aside from those who may hunt some gold bps or try to get achievements done eventually and those players are mostly endgame players anyways so they have the experience and know others already.

So even if those pirate raids or player controlled invasions or whatever would be a thing it would not really help to remedy the lack of new players coming. Most players who are still around are the core of players who may play the game since launch or joined at a later point but continue to play.
The low player flow, which according to your words is due to little or no advertising, is obviously solved with advertising. I don't understand why this would be relevant in the development process in this case. Furthermore, Highway mentioned that these controlled invasions and pirate raids are not only a benefit for high-level players, but also for new ones

I think it's perfect that you want to encourage advertising, but if the early game remains the same as what we have today, that would scare more than one person away

When did we come to believe that more content and improved mechanics = bad for the game?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
How is it that vesp always knows when, how, and why the game needs X, Y or Z thing?

It's like he arrives to any player's post that has a genuine doubt and shows them the absolute book of knowledge he carries around to teach all of us the way of light. :ROFLMAO:
Do i know everything? No
Do i want to know everything? Also no
Not sure how you came up with the idea but i will leave it at that...

If only that "absolute book of knowledge" he carries around wasn't full of misinformation...
Ah yes... sry i have forgoten that i lack any sort of experience to be allowed to give my thoughts and/or concerns about the game that now seems to extend to any kind of post i make even if i clearly said "i have no evidence or actual numbers" what indicates that it is my speculation without any backup to support. So no idea what kind of missinformation i should have spread here

But fine then i will absolutely not post or respond to anything in the forum again aside from the weekly chance to win 5k of gold as at least this should still be fine with my lack of experience... way to go to discourage players to share their thoughts and idea keep going with it then.

Z0ckt

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Z0ckt
Rank
Please remain objective and don't attack each other. That is undesirable in this thread. My thread is certainly not intended for people to bash each other's heads in...

bluezhito

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
bluezhito
Rank
Clan
Argus
There is no clear path about the future of the game, we are in the first week of October and we don't have any incoming news of the event in the spooky season

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
As of October 2024, do the developers have plans to add new star systems and planets to the game? It would be great if the PVE content would be continued, as it has interested me the most so far. Are there any plans on the part of the developers to make the game more popular again? Perhaps through further releases and more advertising? What about Steam? Epic Games? GOG? There was an entry for Pirate Galaxy on Steam Greenlight at the time. The game needs more players so that more clans can be formed. This has been mentioned many times, but there is still no clear answer to this. At some point, all players will have completed everything... The last major update was the revision of the spaceship blueprints. This at least shows that the game is still being worked on.
PG is based on a launcher and the data needed to visualize everything is downloaded and stored in the temporary data, right? Correct me if i'm wrong. So if Splitt releases pg for Epic games it means that they have to release the whole game in one package and fine tune it again without issues, probably same goes for Steam. And that is exactly what Splitt wants to avoid. The reason? NFS world, for example, was shut down, but the data was available because you had to install the game. And today you can play this game on a community created server with many mods etc.

Of course, new players could download the actual launcher via Steam and buy any content. Steam would be the only option and it would probably be the best investment and "advertising" to generate new players. I mean the developers are not just living on air and love for this game. If things were going badly at this and past years, the developers wouldn't have gone through with the item overhaul update. Everything costs time and money.

This year we got a lot of fillers, spaceball, ptr, Item overhaul, rdx , the next Halloween event is coming and please there should be a new ship🤣. Christmas event and then it's already 2025