What's new

Spaceball... again... Why? Splitscreen just why?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Ok so i normally intended to not go out and bash against the Spaceball Event but i think it is noticable that the Community starts to get fed up with this tedious Event that even is more worse then any RDX event.

So i did go so far and checked the reactions of the previous Spaceball Events from 2K20 - 2K22. I think all Spaceball events before where with the old forum where reactions where not possible but the result is "interessting".

Spaceball 2K20 - 2K20 Fan Drone that grants 10% Flying Speed and Crit Chance
2K20.jpg

Spaceball 2K21 - 2K21 Fan Drone that grants 5% Hit Chance and Item Cooldown reduction
2K21.jpg

Spaceball 2K22 - Fan Drone that grants 5% Hit Chance and Item Cooldown reduction
2K22.jpg

It is obvious that this times Spaceball Event is more hated then all the others this time and i assume that here are several factors at play.
  1. That the Spaceball Event was announced confirms that TC4 is still not ready and delayed further without any info of "why is it still delayed?"
  2. The Drone of this years event is the same as from previous year
  3. The time and effort that is required for this event does at no point reflect the reward we are going for even if the drone combines the RDX and the Pumpkin Drone that have since the dual drone nerf better stats in their bonus
  4. The requirement to do an event mission 76x with all planets involved du of the weird reason that flying the Mission in PM does not count the achive for Non PM completion at the same time what could cut the number of times in half
  5. If nothing has changed in compare to the last events the time of roughly 30-60 mins each time to finish a single mission
If you really really would make this event worth of completing or encourage players to do it the drone needs to be "more impactfull" imo. For example make it so that the Fan Drone combine 6 Drone effects and so making it the "most powerfull drone" as it should also not have nerfed stats. What i mean with this is that the Drone should have the following Buffs
  • 10% Attack
  • 10% Defence
  • 15% Flight Speed
  • 7,5% Hit Chance
  • 10% Crit Chance
  • 7,5% Cool Down reduction
It would maybe make the "single and dual drones obsolete" at this point but in return make the remaining Drones with their affects more attractive to use/install as i think that from all drones only the Division Drone (increased item range) is really used next to the RDX Drone while the others like BP or Energy Drone are nowhere used. Sure with such a drone it makes the future Spaceball Events not more "required" but consider that there always may come new players who not have the drone and want it with the next Spaceball Event.

I think if we are all honest the most events are more or less "useless" for most pilots who have already completed them last year and only need to be played for the tc items that mostly are implemented with the next event.

In the end the Drone would then much more reflect it´s actuall reward for doing a mission so many times with more and more increasing difficulty and at some point requiring even Outside Cover from others to keep the non mission stuff clear. So far i never have completed any Spaceball Event and the drones i do have from those events (mostly only 1) are just from the shop payed with Gold.

I know that SSG is using the same events over and over again but change the rewards a bit to fit the current state of RDX and TC items but Spaceball is somehow the event that even overshadows the RDX events that are grindheavy as well when we consider the Reactor Part as well but in compare you need to finish the mission to get the RDX ship only a couple of times to finish it and the only reason redoing the Mission then over and over again is for the Signets to unlock the 2nd mission but at least those missions only take 10-15 mins in most cases.

Or change the mission so that not we have to guide some Spaceballs over the planet but the Mantis wanna make a goal and we have to prevent that from happening or make it so that we only have 1 Spaceball and need to guide it from the LZ to the goal so that at least only 1 round is required rather then flying all over the planet and guide 5 different balls all the time.

Regards - Vesperion

selethen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Selethen22
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
I agree that spaceball is far too tedious of an event; the only drone that's really worth it for that amount of effort in my opinion is the 'original' 10% firepower, 10% armour drone. I don't think the buffed mega-drone you suggest is a good idea as it will create FAR too big of a cliff between those who have it and those who do not. The simple solution I see is making spaceball way less time consuming, as you suggested by making the PM runs also count as normal runs, or simply by not having to do it on every. single. planet. but only the highest level planet in each system for example.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Ok so i normally intended to not go out and bash against the Spaceball Event but i think it is noticable that the Community starts to get fed up with this tedious Event that even is more worse then any RDX event.

So i did go so far and checked the reactions of the previous Spaceball Events from 2K20 - 2K22. I think all Spaceball events before where with the old forum where reactions where not possible but the result is "interessting".

Spaceball 2K20 - 2K20 Fan Drone that grants 10% Flying Speed and Crit Chance
View attachment 51238

Spaceball 2K21 - 2K21 Fan Drone that grants 5% Hit Chance and Item Cooldown reduction
View attachment 51239

Spaceball 2K22 - Fan Drone that grants 5% Hit Chance and Item Cooldown reduction
View attachment 51240

It is obvious that this times Spaceball Event is more hated then all the others this time and i assume that here are several factors at play.
  1. That the Spaceball Event was announced confirms that TC4 is still not ready and delayed further without any info of "why is it still delayed?"
  2. The Drone of this years event is the same as from previous year
  3. The time and effort that is required for this event does at no point reflect the reward we are going for even if the drone combines the RDX and the Pumpkin Drone that have since the dual drone nerf better stats in their bonus
  4. The requirement to do an event mission 76x with all planets involved du of the weird reason that flying the Mission in PM does not count the achive for Non PM completion at the same time what could cut the number of times in half
  5. If nothing has changed in compare to the last events the time of roughly 30-60 mins each time to finish a single mission
If you really really would make this event worth of completing or encourage players to do it the drone needs to be "more impactfull" imo. For example make it so that the Fan Drone combine 6 Drone effects and so making it the "most powerfull drone" as it should also not have nerfed stats. What i mean with this is that the Drone should have the following Buffs
  • 10% Attack
  • 10% Defence
  • 15% Flight Speed
  • 7,5% Hit Chance
  • 10% Crit Chance
  • 7,5% Cool Down reduction
It would maybe make the "single and dual drones obsolete" at this point but in return make the remaining Drones with their affects more attractive to use/install as i think that from all drones only the Division Drone (increased item range) is really used next to the RDX Drone while the others like BP or Energy Drone are nowhere used. Sure with such a drone it makes the future Spaceball Events not more "required" but consider that there always may come new players who not have the drone and want it with the next Spaceball Event.

I think if we are all honest the most events are more or less "useless" for most pilots who have already completed them last year and only need to be played for the tc items that mostly are implemented with the next event.

In the end the Drone would then much more reflect it´s actuall reward for doing a mission so many times with more and more increasing difficulty and at some point requiring even Outside Cover from others to keep the non mission stuff clear. So far i never have completed any Spaceball Event and the drones i do have from those events (mostly only 1) are just from the shop payed with Gold.

I know that SSG is using the same events over and over again but change the rewards a bit to fit the current state of RDX and TC items but Spaceball is somehow the event that even overshadows the RDX events that are grindheavy as well when we consider the Reactor Part as well but in compare you need to finish the mission to get the RDX ship only a couple of times to finish it and the only reason redoing the Mission then over and over again is for the Signets to unlock the 2nd mission but at least those missions only take 10-15 mins in most cases.

Or change the mission so that not we have to guide some Spaceballs over the planet but the Mantis wanna make a goal and we have to prevent that from happening or make it so that we only have 1 Spaceball and need to guide it from the LZ to the goal so that at least only 1 round is required rather then flying all over the planet and guide 5 different balls all the time.

Regards - Vesperion
to be honest i expected the spaceball event this year but not that the event is repeated with the same drone.. i dont know if it takes a lot of time to create newer drones.. kick effects out and new in for an other pirate 2k22 drone.. lets hope that we will see part 4 right after the spaceball event and not after the summer sale

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
to be honest i expected the spaceball event this year but not that the event is repeated with the same drone.. i dont know if it takes a lot of time to create newer drones.. kick effects out and new in for an other pirate 2k22 drone.. lets hope that we will see part 4 right after the spaceball event and not after the summer sale
If i remember it correctly with the older Spaceball Events they repeated the Damage/Defence Drone over and over again while on the same time the very 1st Spaceball events where "Special" considering what determined their effect until the Fan Drone was implemented.

If and how much time it takes is of course a part we can not determine but i assume that they have the basecode for the fan-drones and only need to add the effect on it to created a new drone. But i think the issue is still that the time and effort is way to much for what the drone will provide at the end even when i´m aware that in compare to the shop variant we can purchase it with cryo all the time we want.

I think even that in compare to all other Events Spaceball is the one that has the longest Eventtime with 4 weeks what is only due of the insane conditions they did thought off what we have to do and timeintense it can be.

The simple solution I see is making spaceball way less time consuming, as you suggested by making the PM runs also count as normal runs, or simply by not having to do it on every. single. planet. but only the highest level planet in each system for example.
Gemini could be a bit tricky as in theory all 3 Planets are at the same time "lowest and highest Planet" as they all have the same level range of mantis but not each Planet has all Mantis what made it necessary to travel to all of them to get all items for the ships.

So for Gemini i would consider Prosperus as "lowest Planet" and Technatoria as the "highest Planet" based on the Story cus we start the Gemini Story at Prosperus and finish it at Technatoria.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
in my opinion it would be enough to remove missions in pirate without pirate or in squadron and give for example 2 or 3 balls to kick and it would cut this event short I never finished it I bought it for gold because in my opinion it was a waste of time and besides they could give 2 drones to get and 2 separate missions for drones one is old and other some new or why not give flag drones to get I when I started the game it was already impossible to get them for missions

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
If i remember it correctly with the older Spaceball Events they repeated the Damage/Defence Drone over and over again while on the same time the very 1st Spaceball events where "Special" considering what determined their effect until the Fan Drone was implemented.

If and how much time it takes is of course a part we can not determine but i assume that they have the basecode for the fan-drones and only need to add the effect on it to created a new drone. But i think the issue is still that the time and effort is way to much for what the drone will provide at the end even when i´m aware that in compare to the shop variant we can purchase it with cryo all the time we want.

I think even that in compare to all other Events Spaceball is the one that has the longest Eventtime with 4 weeks what is only due of the insane conditions they did thought off what we have to do and timeintense it can be.

Gemini could be a bit tricky as in theory all 3 Planets are at the same time "lowest and highest Planet" as they all have the same level range of mantis but not each Planet has all Mantis what made it necessary to travel to all of them to get all items for the ships.

So for Gemini i would consider Prosperus as "lowest Planet" and Technatoria as the "highest Planet" based on the Story cus we start the Gemini Story at Prosperus and finish it at Technatoria.
yes the older spaceball events are repeated too , but it had many reasons because the drones were brand new and many many drone flages was available. the rdx ships to this time were brand new too. i dont remember if the rdx ships are introduced after sirius launch or before, but the fan drones were something special to this time.

it shouldnt be a habit for the spaceball event that its runs every year the exact same scheme and above all, repeating events to delay something else is not the right way.. no cryo and firepower booster of the highest kind will help without new stuff to buy. to be honest, conquest already gives more cryo than you can actually use (30x times in month it makes around 3.3mil cryo even if you on the losing team. it takes less than 23hours of playing for 3.3mil cryo or over 4mil cryo in one month.) = so why cryo boosters in events huh?

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Ancient Pirate
Rank
Clan
The Untouchables
🤔🤔🤔🤔Arent in this game most event repeated?

Cryo booster whats use when 100%cryo dont drop from units
Bp booster whts use when 100% bp dont drop from units
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Space ball event rather pushing balls for hours they give option either play 2 win or pay 2 win so easy right.

Im sure all events needs a rethink what change can be done rather giving same old events as only old people playing no new players they get bored.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Arent in this game most event repeated?
Yes most events are repeated so that they not change much but most of the time they made a minor tweak in the drops in those event making them still most of the time "more useless" for the veterans as they have the most items from previous events and so may only need them for the new item that was added and mostly is a TC item that is used from the newest RDX ship and is another issue that i not really want to discuss about as otherwise it would need here a change ala "it needs to give a mission for each item that you can obtain separately to reduce the useless drops most players will not need".

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Yes most events are repeated so that they not change much but most of the time they made a minor tweak in the drops in those event making them still most of the time "more useless" for the veterans as they have the most items from previous events and so may only need them for the new item that was added and mostly is a TC item that is used from the newest RDX ship and is another issue that i not really want to discuss about as otherwise it would need here a change ala "it needs to give a mission for each item that you can obtain separately to reduce the useless drops most players will not need".
as most suggestion we did what we want nothing has changed much at all, some fellows wanted changes for the cq rework and they managed to get these changes even removing clan delay for months. a bit dissapointed yes but i am optimistic to see changes in 2023.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
I don't mind any events on this slow dying game.

But if someone still is on low systems,he can't done spaceball for a drone with full stats.

Thes types of events should be in low systems for all players,not just thos who just buy and don't care,or who have tc unlocked on all planets.

Why is there no on Vega only to kill special enemys.or something similar.

Personally, I don't relly care this all type of spaceball events cause is too long so i just buy drone in shop if needed XD

But I like global boosters which make the game more attractive

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
So how many will be dislake when will be event for drone +10% colecting cryo and +10% drop rate cryo ? ? :p

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
We discussed about Spaceball last year in this post: https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/threads/spaceball-event.36440/post-193967
In the end we got nowhere, I believe it will continue to be like this, same events, with nothing new.
The problem this time is that they announced that TC4 would arrive in June/July, and now announcing Spaceball we can conclude that the TC4 update will arrive after Spaceball, if they don't postpone it again

Last edited:

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
if summer sale appear rapidly after spaceball i have nothing to say anymore about delay and delay again

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
we can conclude that the TC4 update will arrive after Spaceball, if they don't postpone it again
if summer sale appear rapidly after spaceball i have nothing to say anymore about delay and delay again
If my memory now serves correctly the upcomming events after Spaceball (with possible times) should be
  • Summer Sale: August 04 - August 21
  • RDX Round 2 (RDX X): September 15 - October 02
  • Halloween: October 20 - November 06
  • Black Friday Sale: November 27 - November 29
  • Christmas: December 15 - January 01, 2023
So in theory possible TC4 times are after Spaceball concluded within 2 weeks or even during Summer Sale as in theory Summer Sale is "not really an game affecting event where you need to do something specific". This makes at least 7 1/2 weeks until RDX X should happen.

Anything afterwards makes it more less likely to happen aside from maybe November as the other events follow relative shortly after another has finished withing 2 weeks each time.

However it changes nothing on the main gripe most players have with the Spaceball Event if it stays as tedious as it is and with the current Spaceball Event i even assume most players will avoid it entirely if they have the drop already from last year.

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
However it changes nothing on the main gripe most players have with the Spaceball Event if it stays as tedious as it is and with the current Spaceball Event i even assume most players will avoid it entirely if they have the drop already from last year.
As I said about last year's post about Spaceball, they completely ignored changing the way Spaceball is made and this year will be the same way. I only see that they want players to buy the drones with gold.

The problem is after the release of TC4, many players will finish their rares and missions after a few weeks, even though there will be a new challenge planet, the game continues without new things that could "trap" us a little more in the game. Like me, there are others that only appear in CQs, and events we haven't finished, I'm currently waiting for my Clan to equip itself so I can finish the Calon quests that many haven't even started yet.

I know this has nothing to do with Spaceball, but this event is one of the worst in the game and I really don't know anyone who enjoyed doing it.
If you want, contact me on discord so we can exchange some ideas.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
As I said about last year's post about Spaceball, they completely ignored changing the way Spaceball is made and this year will be the same way. I only see that they want players to buy the drones with gold.

The problem is after the release of TC4, many players will finish their rares and missions after a few weeks, even though there will be a new challenge planet, the game continues without new things that could "trap" us a little more in the game. Like me, there are others that only appear in CQs, and events we haven't finished, I'm currently waiting for my Clan to equip itself so I can finish the Calon quests that many haven't even started yet.

I know this has nothing to do with Spaceball, but this event is one of the worst in the game and I really don't know anyone who enjoyed doing it.
i agree with you, but what will help when we discuss changes we want ? .. but we dont get them, .. we dont even get feedback, sometimes from gms but thats it. i mean is it hard to reply or even set a like or agree button so we can see thats its not ignored at all? look how long @-BoH- worked on lagrange singularity for some help and ideas to develop this starsystem even better or easier. like i said before with cq rework and clan delay they get the best recognition.

Invader86

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Trailhawk
Rank
Shouldn't the global boosters be announced earlier this week? :unsure:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
As @KingSub already mentioned what brings it when we share/exchange ideas outside of the forum if already on the forum it is hard to get through the devs skull :ROFLMAO:.

I mean i was even surprised that the devs did implement my idea in terms of the boosters that they now add time to an existing one if it is purchased again and was only due of a Black Friday sale that i couldn´t use as my current boosters where in the middle of running where i made the >>>suggestion about the boosters<<< and even @Highway reacted to this post.

So it does beg the question why for some posts that have a major theme that at some point affects anyone is a totaly different question...

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
they should fix plan finders only works 75% and better ones don't work :rolleyes: