What's new

Advice for returning player

Tonto

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’ve just returned to the game after a long absence. I’ve been a tank player most of my playing days and spent many years grinding a dominator with some Sirius tech, which I have enjoyed playing in.
However, after just a day in the new (for me) Tau Ceti system and back on Sirius, it clearly isn’t a viable killer or grinder.
What I’m looking for is advice on what ship to focus on next.

I have the 2 bps to start a Punisher, so building that is an option. I haven’t focussed on the item bps for it in Sirius in the past as I was focussed on my domi, but I belong to a helpful clan and the building part would add a focus to the game.
Or should I hold fire and wait to progress through Tau Ceti for a TC ship? From what I have seen so far of TC, I will need help to get through the sms.
I also see in the game Raven Dynamics ships but they are only available via events I believe? They look very good - when will they next be available? Are they hard to obtain?

Level 85 player, like to solo when I can but happy to help and play in squads. I don’t have the nimblest of fingers, at the ripe age of 60, so I wouldn’t rate my skills as a player too highly, but I am patient and practical. Not a big fan of pvp so the ship is primarily for progress in the story side of the game and the ability to hold my own in the higher systems and to be a useful member of a squad/clan when needed. I don’t play for hours at a time, and can’t commit to a regular schedule of play, but prefer to log on ad hoc when I have a free hour most days and at weekends I am usually busy so I won’t be spending 4 hours a day doing sms, or grinding for cry. I know that this will hamper my progress through TC and collecting Sirius bps, but that is how I choose to play. It also means that I will focus on just one ship rather than multiple options. But most importantly, I want to have more fun in the game which I remember enjoying very much.
Any advice would be much appreciated from pilots who have extensive knowledge and experience of my dilemma and have tried out different ships before I blow a couple of million of hard-earned cry!
Thanks.

nemesis1900

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
nemesis1900
Rank
Clan
Hades
Welcome to the game!

The game has changed a lot, now there is more diversity of ships so focusing on a single ship is a thing of the past. First of all I recommend you to look for an active clan with many players in Sirius, this will allow you to complete bps to advance in Tau Ceti.

At the beginning it is a good option to advance the Punisher to complete the Sirius bps. At present it is important to complete all the Sirius bps, it is a requirement to advance in Tau Ceti.

There are more expensive ships but they imply more time, which I see you don't have. Therefore I recommend you to advance in systems ship, for example, Ancient Myst. With this ship you will be able to destroy Sirius bosses.

At the beginning your objectives should be to complete bps of sirius until you are allowed to build a ship for the planet Venar and equip it with the plans of that planet.

Then the simple practice of retaking the game will mark your path, and you will begin to lean towards a ship of greater potential. The game has improved a lot and I'm glad you're back.

Be patient, remember it is a game that takes years to complete. Enjoy it very much.

Best regards.

Tonto

Reaction score
Welcome to the game!

The game has changed a lot, now there is more diversity of ships so focusing on a single ship is a thing of the past. First of all I recommend you to look for an active clan with many players in Sirius, this will allow you to complete bps to advance in Tau Ceti.

At the beginning it is a good option to advance the Punisher to complete the Sirius bps. At present it is important to complete all the Sirius bps, it is a requirement to advance in Tau Ceti.

There are more expensive ships but they imply more time, which I see you don't have. Therefore I recommend you to advance in systems ship, for example, Ancient Myst. With this ship you will be able to destroy Sirius bosses.

At the beginning your objectives should be to complete bps of sirius until you are allowed to build a ship for the planet Venar and equip it with the plans of that planet.

Then the simple practice of retaking the game will mark your path, and you will begin to lean towards a ship of greater potential. The game has improved a lot and I'm glad you're back.

Be patient, remember it is a game that takes years to complete. Enjoy it very much.

Best regards.
Thanks
Sound advice

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
I also see in the game Raven Dynamics ships but they are only available via events I believe? They look very good - when will they next be available? Are they hard to obtain?
Yes, RDX ships are event only. There is currently no ETA on when or if we get another RDX event. We will get a chance to get RDX01-08 in about 4months on the Xmas event. Good change we will see 09 this year but not sure about 10.

Some of those RDX even need another event to get items for lower systems. We got Cloud last time during easter event.

Level 85 player, like to solo when I can but happy to help and play in squads.
You will need to join a clan to be able to enter sirius and you will need a squad to face Giza, Amarna or Soris. Do not worry once you do them a couple times they will be easy to understand.

Remember our lord and savior prelude wiki.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
There is currently no ETA on when or if we get another RDX event
Normally the RDX Events take place in March/April and September/August. This years early RDX event only did not happen due of the big CQ rework update according to SSG. If however this "skip means" that we will see an RDX-11 and RDX-12 is up to SSG cus if the baseline would have continued like normal the RDX-10 Blaze would be Mission A reward and RDX-11 whateverthenamewillbe would have been the Mission B reward.

Some of those RDX even need another event to get items for lower systems. We got Cloud last time during easter event.
What he means is more that some of the items require another event (Easter and Halloween at least) to get the items for the lower Systems until TC due RDX ships are counted as "Parsecs" so they can be used from Mizar on like the Parsecs but due they have access to later tech that was implemented after Mizar (Sniper; Defender; TC Tech) this tech was added to other events.

Good change we will see 09 this year but not sure about 10.
Don´t nail me on this one but if i remember it correctly from last year the RDX-09 was not in Christmas last year due it was the "newest RDX" ship of the series. Chances are high that RDX-10 will be in the loot pool as well this time while RDX-11 and RDX-12 are up to split like i mentioned it before.

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
Don´t nail me on this one but if i remember it correctly from last year the RDX-09 was not in Christmas last year due it was the "newest RDX" ship of the series. Chances are high that RDX-10 will be in the loot pool as well this time while RDX-11 and RDX-12 are up to split like i mentioned it before.
Would be nice if the rdx ships end with lava. We already habe 10 rdx ships and this should be enough.

It would be nicer if we see new parsecs prototype with new items.

My brother suggested a new ship called X-12 Combatant here is the link

X-13 Prototype Combatant

As I said we have lot of RDX ships now. Time to see new prototype ships.