Item number 9

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
Hey guys, I have a suggestion for the game and some item ideas.

We have 8 items, but the number 9 is not being used. Would be nice to see a ninth item on every ship and I have good item ideas for the basic ships.

For Storm 9th item could be a Thermo Trap
A Trap who deals damage over time whenever an enemy enters inside. (not movable like magnet trap)

For Shock 9th item could be a Speed Actuator Turret
A Turret who give Speed Actuator to all allies within turrent range (which is movable like repair/buff turret) OR pilot range (like Ancient Ra with its Magnet trap or Ancient Amarna who gives speed to nearby enemies)

For Tank 9th Item could be a Tauntdome which deals damage overtime (headache for several mantis nearby) and take whole attention to yourself (range similar like Stundome) (DoT should be not much) (Original Taunt needs rework too. Dealing damage over time (stronger than Tauntdome))

For Engineer 9th Item could be a Protection Turret
this Item covers allies within turrent range with a Protector (like we saw in gemini. The buildings are protected with a protector/shield)

The 2 extra classes Sniper and Defender

for Sniper 9th item could be a Sniper Droid
this item will snipe the enemies (with 10 or 15 secs Cooldown of attacking but duration on surface like Attack Droid)

for Defender 9th Item could be a Grenade
this item will deal AoE damage (throw to enemies and explode instantly and damage enemies nearby) (this item should have a long Cooldown but also needs to deal lots of damage)

these were my thoughts for the game

adding a 9th item to all ships, the paragneiss will benefit from this cuz he is missing the afterburner item.

The 9th item should be added when someone reaches Sirius (or maybe Draconis)

Thx

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Would be nice to see a ninth item on every ship and I have good item ideas for the basic ships.
And what is with the hybrid ships? Should they not receive a 9th Slot then or what? With Siri there are no more "Basic classed ships" so the 9th slot would be pretty much "useless" with the 9th Slot if no Hybrid can use it so that would limit it only to the Anln-Parsec-Series BUT you say that ALL ships should receive the 9th slot.

The only "solution" i can see here for the Hybrid ships is to give them the option what Item they could use from the tech based on they can use. So T-Bird for example would have the option between the Storm and Stunner Item as 9th Slot.

adding a 9th item to all ships, the paragneiss will benefit from this cuz he is missing the afterburner item
Para is classed as a "Hybrid" so it falls in none of the basic classes. If Para would have to be classed it would be a Storm, Sniper and Defender if going only by the items.

Considering however that it not gives already some sort of "modular ship" and not even as Parsec classed version (>>>The RDX - Prototype (Ship Idea/Suggestion)<<<) i currently doubt that this will be a thing even if we talk about just 1 Slot for a number that is not used until that point of the game and development and considering that Hybrids would need to be treated differently in this situation.

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
Well I think u didn't get what I mean,

As u can see I said the paragneiss will benefit from the 9th item, so other ships (all of the parsecs/hybrids ships will benefit from this)

The items I suggested were just ideas for the basic ships to fit in their classes. Or what u will put in storm as a 9th item? Lighting Chain? this doesn't really fit to storm.

Again the items above are just ideas for the BASIC ships introduced in the game before the hybrids.

Since the defender is introduced in Draconis, the 9th item should be available since then.

Paragneiss can get an afterburner through the 9th item for example.

Or the wolfhound can get the speed Actuator or whatever.
Devs should decide What the parsecs/hybrids get as a 9th item.

These were just ideas nothing else.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Again the items above are just ideas for the BASIC ships introduced in the game before the
This is why i said that as best solution the Hybrids should have the option between the "base class items" they could install cus otherwise you could bet that in most situations Pilots would go either for an Speed or an Prot for the Hybrids if the option would be "free to chose".

These were just ideas nothing else.
And i just gave my opinion to your idea nothing else and "what i would find is the best solution for the Hybrids and their 9th Item"

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Maybe 9th item can cone after Tau ceti.. It will messed up every ships and break their agility armor etc

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
but first of all I'm happy when tau ceti is finished this year 😂