Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I thought about it and noticed that every year new RDX events with new ships take place.👀

Years ago there were event for brand new Parsec classes. It would be nice to see what it would be like to acquire new anln ships in future events. I remember reading yesterday an old post(2-4 years old), Highway said that new Anln ships could come when Tau Ceti was finally released .. So it's released but not 100% 😁

Maybe we can dust off the old topic and shed some light in the dark, what u think?😎

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
well i think the rdx ships shows us what the reason for no more anin ships is ! the normal parsecs arent flyed very much , i dont see much parsecs maybe 4 a week or less ...

but , in one i agree with you , the events have to be overwork !! the christmas event is so boring that i play another game much more than PG , but PG is normaly my 1 game what i play when coming home from work !

but every year the same boring event .... , i just can help , but the help is only needed for 1-3 days of the event , and than i can only collect gravitons .... which is realy boring

some players has written some good ideas to make the events more attractiv but nothing happend .... that is realy sad.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
well i think the rdx ships shows us what the reason for no more anin ships is ! the normal parsecs arent flyed very much , i dont see much parsecs maybe 4 a week or less ...

but , in one i agree with you , the events have to be overwork !! the christmas event is so boring that i play another game much more than PG , but PG is normaly my 1 game what i play when coming home from work !

but every year the same boring event .... , i just can help , but the help is only needed for 1-3 days of the event , and than i can only collect gravitons .... which is realy boring

some players has written some good ideas to make the events more attractiv but nothing happend .... that is realy sad.
I agree... But wouldn't you like to fly brand new rdx ships? I think the answer is clear. Yes events need overwork and we need newer anln ship so we can come out of this rdx thing.. it's like a fetish😳

What i like bout anln ships, all the 3 alloys are way cooler and shiny. I like shape of the ships.. It's different from ne0n or rdx ships. There is something classic about it.

Hope after conquest rework and releasing tau ceti part 4 we can fill some time between newer starsystems with some kind of event. 😁

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I think there are currently 3 reasons why most parsec ships are left in the hangars to collect dust mountains but keep in mind that this is MY personl opinion of reason.

1st: The Look Design is nothing special
The look/design for most parsecs is nothing really special or just bulky (Domi and Const) + they have those scratches that you can see if you zoom in close (yes this is what anoys me on most ships that are non Siri/TC... scratches on the hull :unsure:)

If i alone take the RDX ships as comparision they have an much better design AND no scratches at their hulls :love:. The only exception i fly as Parsec is the Hunter simply due it has from all the ships the "best" design if it not has the Siri SB equiped (the Siri SB not really looks like a Sniper at all imo... more like pincers from a bug :cautious:)

2nd: The "base classes" have become obsolete since Hybrids have been introduced
Basicly since Siri Ships showed up the 1st time Parsec ships lost their Status due the bonus in armor was not more defining their "prestige" status due the combo of Siri Ships was simply better... for a long time the Myst was the top class for Siri along with the Punisher (from my knowledge the most used ships during the Siri time).

3rd: Pilots seem to ask more for RDX Event/Ships then for Parsec ships
As much as i´m aware to majority of Pilots seem to ask when the next RDX Event will happen (what normaly is every 6 months since the last RDX Event happened) and what new ship will come with this event. I think the issue here is that SSG is a bit "cornered" in this situation cus for one it´s "easier" to simply make another RDX Event with the same rules/mechanics then making a complete new Event for 1 new ship.

I must admit i don´t really remember how the Hunter could be obtained (it´s a few years since i got it :p) and i only remember that for the Hyan we had an mission at Mars that had to be done a couple of times to provide the BPs for a full sq but not more in detail what the mission itself was.

So the question now is how could this be solved so that new Parsec ships could be added?

Well in case of 1st reason it´s up to SSG how they design the ships/where they purchase the models for it so we have no real influence here

2nd reason is up to SSG as well and in theory it gives plenty of combos BUT it gives here the challenge that some combos are simply crap while others are totaly awsome. Atm you see a lot of Pilots flying with the Chrom due the Pilots prefer to have the Prot in combo with OS and Speed. 2nd most used ship from my notice is the Slate due of the QL that allows him to quick travel what makes it the perfect sq leader with good speed an good armor despite it´s "fragile" look.

After this it´s a bit spread but here and there an Obsi shows up or Disru/Hunter so even with all those RDX ships the selection of used ships is rather slim and some ships are only used for Missions.

For the 3rd reason i still stay at my idea that for the RDX ships along with Parsec ships (if new should come) it should give a questline from Vega to Sol that gives us in each system "a part" (Cockpit, Hull, Wings, Thrusters and the CPU) of the new ship and when all 5 parts have been collected the ship will be unlocked/decrypted so that it can be build while the reactor stays optional for the Ifrit Cortex.

In terms of the Event time it could easily be made that each Line of the Mission is locked behind a "timer" so that Pilots can not complete the Event within day 1/2 (Exception is the shop where the parts can be purchased for 25k (same as a set of 5 BPs and so the same costs in total of 125k)). The advantage here is that pilots who may not have the time (or want to keep their sanity) still can complete the ship if they may miss a few days and so may not have enough times to get the Signets to unlock mission A/B + i assume it would feel more rewarding to unlock the ship by an actual mission then just doing the same thing over and over again

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
We want the rdx ships every year or every 6 month you said. The reason here is because we've got used to them..

With 1-2 anln events, the developers would have more time to concentrate on more important things. Am i wrong? We 've got many more event every year. So we can fill so time with some kind of event. 👀

As highway said this will probably happen if tc is finished

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
We want the rdx ships every year or every 6 month you said. The reason here is because we've got used to them..
Not just that it´s as i said already easier for SSG to "update" the RDX Event rather then coming up with an brand new event that would require to be programmed and set in terms of unit spawns, lines of text, triggers so that the mission plays/updates and can be completed. etc. etc.

For the RDX you simply take the base event change some lines of Code so that the BPs drop accordingly but not really need any sort of change in the Reactor part and Mission A/B line but have the "new RDX" Event ready.

Tbf i don´t really care if it´s an RDX Event or an Anln Event for the new ship considering that if you do every RDX Event you do it in most cases for just the new ship that comes with it cus you have the previous Mission B Reward ship already then just moves into the Mission A Reward. So i would be totaly fine with it if they would bring some sort of Event Mission that gives a new Parsec ship as reward but not has some sort of boring/tedious unlocking condition before you can actually to the mission for it.

So in theory you could easily skip 1 RDX Event each year and then simply do the later comming Event 6 months later to get both ships in one Event but who is really going to do this? Me at least not cus if i know that an RDX Event is going to happen i simply throw money at my screen and be done with it by spending 125k gold for the 1 new ship and not have to waste my sanity on the RDX Event lol.

In the end however a new Parsec classed ship (no matter if RDX or Anln) brings nothing if the Item setup just makes it "useless".