Questions about making a new account

redkite

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
redkite
Hello everyone,

Back in 2013/14 I used to play a lot of Pirate Galaxy and I'm happy to see that the game is still alive and has an active player base. ^^ So much so that I would like to start a new playthrough again with my friends to enjoy PG from start to finish once again. :) I do have a few questions before I proceed to do that however.

For one, I am wondering what is the best server to have your main character on? I used to play on Kalgan (EU - international) on my first profile but I did notice that most players are playing on Askone (EU - English), or at least I noticed that most players who put videos on YouTube seem to play on Askone. And I also noticed that Kalgan is mostly populated by German players despite being the international one. I would prefer a server which has less clan rivalry as I am planning on starting an own one with my friends and would like to have a decent chance at Conquest, even if we're not a full squad of 25 players. Or does it perhaps not matter at all which one I choose? I just figured I'd rather ask first before having to start all over on another server again.

And secondly, I did stumble across this post which makes it seem as though having secondary accounts isn't actually a well seen practice. Is that true? Do I need to contact support for permission to play on a secondary account (which would become my primary with time anyways, if you get what i mean)? Or can I just create my secondary account without asking and won't get in trouble for that? After all, some games have a policy against smurfs, though PG isn't exactly the kind of game where that would give you an advantage.

Thank you reading and all of you answers in advance. :)

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Depends, check HGus Server Activity Stats, i don't know what languages you are able to speak, but try Gaia if u want activity, if not, Askone/Korell/Aurora

Also, some of the topics you are trying to discuss here would be more suited for a support ticket instead of the forum, but that's just my opinion :)

Genjiro

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Genjiro
Hello @redkite ,

Glad to see you have a rekindled interest in playing Pirate Galaxy, Please allow me to answer your questions as briefly as I can.

I am planning on starting an own one with my friends and would like to have a decent chance at Conquest, even if we're not a full squad of 25 players. Or does it perhaps not matter at all which one I choose? I just figured I'd rather ask first before having to start all over on another server again.
The conquest system has changed since 2014. Read more about it here -> Conquest Rework Open Team Battle
Askone is the most active English server therefore I recommend joining there although Gaia (US) is the most populated server but with Spanish being the language spoken.

Do I need to contact support for permission to play on a secondary account
If you have access to your old account then it wont be necessary to create another account. Simply login and create a new pilot on another server.
new pilot.PNG
Please reach out to support if you are unable to access your old account or cannot remember the login details.
In order to start a completely fresh account you will need to request support for permission to create a 2nd account and/or account deletion. This is because a user is only permitted to have 1 account. Here is a link to Support

Greetings,
Genjiro

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
If you want to play Conquests your best choices are Gaia (Spanish), Korell (German), Askone (English) and Aurora (Spanish). Gaia is the most competitive. Others servers have more OTB than CvC. Solaria and Aeria don't have CQs at all.

redkite

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
redkite
Thank you for all of your responses so far. ^^

@Genjiro I see. In that case I will contact support because I might want to start a new playthrough on Kalgan but it would hurt having to delete my previous one. I would like to keep it up for nostalgia, even if I wouldn't play much on there anymore.

@HGus Thank you for your input. You see, I am currently torn between Askone (EU - English) and Kalgan (EU - international) or maaaaybe one of the english NA servers, though if there are no CQs at all then those are probably a no.
I think a healthy mix between CQ and OTB would be what I am looking for. And yeah, one that is maybe not too competetive with clans. Like I said, I would like to start my own one and it probably wouldn't be a very big one from the get go. I guess my fear is that Askone might be a little too hard to get a grip on as a fresh clan while Kalgan could be a little too empty.

Also, what are the times CQs and OTBs are being hosted on the other servers? On Kalgan they always start at 7:30 pm CET (19:30). I assume it's gonna be the same with all the other EU servers, right? But what about the NA servers?

JustinLayce

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
gast
Rank
Clan
Survivors
Kalgan isnt just german, there are also clans for international ones and much players arent always good ^^

redkite

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
redkite
much players arent always good ^^
Yes, that is exactly what I mean. I actually already made a response that explains my feeling towards the server choice, but since this is a new forum account, my messages always need to be approved first before they appear.

But yeah, I guess I am a bit afraid that while Askone is a more popular server, it could be harder for a small clan to have success there. I mean, maybe I am making too much of a deal out of this. But while I would be totally down to start from scratch if the server I picked wasn't the best choice, I really can't say the same about all my other friends. That's why I would like to make a well informed decision right away.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
in Aurora there's always a common ocurrence which is, due to players not having any rush to enlist in OTB, since everyone comes late and there is always 20-40 players, they just predict if they can win or not based on the players enlisted, because yeah its always the same 50 players going to OTB, and if they don't see a positive result they just leave and go back to Sirius.
in Gaia something completely different happens, as there is more than 25 players per side in every single OTB, they just rush to enlist and just cross fingers to see if they join, i don't know which end is actually good or bad, that's open to discussion but, Aurora lazy mindset of ''if i don't win i won't play'' isn't the best, because it also leads to OTB's being less enjoyable

Which probably makes me prefer to have much more players rather than a minority being able to select if they will participate or not based on the result of the battle.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Remember they want to create a new clan with their firiends to participate in CvC battles.

redkite

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
redkite
Okay, so I tried to attend an OTB on Iga today on my old account on Kalgan, just to see how things are working. But unfortunately nobody besides me did enlist for it or even entered the orbit. I figured I'd not ask anybody in general chat to see how many people would even attend without me asking. Tomorrow I might try that to see if that would get people to join.

Also no clans at all are currently in any registration for CQ on Kalgan. @JustinLayce , do you know if Kalgan is usually like that? Because if so then I think I'd rather be playing on Askone. At least there I've been seeing regular OTBs happening through some videos by @ben1982 and @Nicoredje who upload their replays to YouTube. Maybe they could give their opinion on the matter? (Mentioning people pings them, right?)