What's new

What happened to Signature Generator feature ?

METHANOID

Reaction score
Hello dear PG Community !

Well my question is the same as the title says, what happen to the option Signature Generator, and will this feature ever come back online ?.. or, is this option even considered to become active again ?

Cause i think PirateGalaxy doesn't have enough advertising online or even offline, and maybe if the option becomes functional again, the game would get to be known more by interested people, if people would put the Player banner on forums or blogs and other online sites :)

I would like a reply from staff members/devs.

Thx in advance, _METHANOID_

Ziethius

Reaction score
Thats a very good question ... not one I am qualified to answer. But the idea of free advertising is a great angle to play to bring the feature back .. Well Done :)

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I think that the feauture went off cause it openned a security hole in servers.
The signature generator needed to access the servers from outside of game, and some people was using it to create fake clients to steal accounts.

ObliviousGarden

Reaction score
Why not just make a signature gen that doesn't require having to access the PG servers (user-input only)? Just have it ask for you to type in your pilot name, level, clan name, and select a pilot picture and background, maybe a ship decal to go with it, and just generate it from there. Then the user just needs to download the produced picture.

METHANOID

Reaction score
@ ObliviousGarden: that's really good idea mate, makes perfect sense and probaly is not very hard to do ;)

Devs pls look at this, thx :p

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Nice. Actually the last suggestion can be implemented by any user with skills in web scripting outside PG.