What's new

This is the feedback of MAup

MAup

Reaction score
To start off with, these are my opinions, and I you may agree with me or not, your choice.
However I do not want this to become a flamestorm for agreement or disagreement, and I hope the Moderators and/or Admins deal with these individuals accordingly without impacting the thread as it is.
The ammount of time or how long you have been a player does not matter, behave civilized anyway.

Now then.
There are good changes out there, and if I do not bring a topic up, that means i like this game mechanic, or i have forgotten about it and will be added later.

Aggro.
From what I understand, and have experienced, the ammount of aggro is based on damage.
This makes the Tank class worthless, becaus it can not produce the ammount of threat needed to maintain its role as Tank.

My suggestion;
Have a tank generate more threat overall, tech ofcourse will play a big part of this, but blastershot form a storm and a tank at the same tech level should be in favor of the tank. Also the taunt should reset the threat of all combatants with the target, and generate a higher ammount of threat, giving the oportunity for people to be "saved" by the tank.
The aggrobomb does a big deal of threat, but i have not noticed any threat changes at all with this weapon.

So what would happen?
if a storm shoots a blaster and rocket, this would be more than enought to pass the tank in threat, so they need to think before doing too much damage.
The taunt will get the tank up to the same ammount of threat as the top ship on the threat list, and a bit more, giving the tank an oportunity to take back the agro.

Profanity filter.
This is something Pirate Galaxy needs more than anything right now.
A profanity filter to be triggered on and off if you want it.
The GM's are putting too much energy on correcting what someone is saying, and people is taking advantage of it.
People triggereing other people into saying bad things, just to have them muted or banned in worst case scenarios.
Example:
Today a GM came online and said "Hi how are you all?"
I replied, "The crydrop is crap, so not so good then."
This GM got so caught up on me using the word Crap so its was ridiculus.
So lets do some research..
OK, so the word crap, is enherited from the old medieval lathin word crappa, which means trash.
The french adopted it to crappe.
Do you see the problem here?

Add a profanity filter and let the storm rage for a while, it will settle, and the community will be alot less tense aswell.
However let the filter be togglable, and let the GM's deal with those who overuse the profanity instead.
This is rated +13 not +3.

GMs.
The GM's should be looked over, dealing with those not fit for the position (yes you know who you are).
Some has broken the CoC and some does not even know all of it.
Give them a test, and situations where they have to act accordingly to the CoC and evaluate them from there.
Bad GM's can realy ruin a good game.

Conquest Planets.
I wish to see the cryonite bonus for planets again.
None realy need the gravitons that much, and fighting for a cryonite bonus is more of an advantage to get new players more interested getting into clans and fight with you, for their sake.
Most conquests ends up being onesided now, adding the cryonite we hold so dear into the calculations and we will want to realy fight for it again.

I will again remind, i might have forgotten something, but will add more if i come up with something.
These are the most game ruining experiences i met so far anyway.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
MAup said:
Aggro.
From what I understand, and have experienced, the ammount of aggro is based on damage.
This makes the Tank class worthless, becaus it can not produce the ammount of threat needed to maintain its role as Tank.

My suggestion;
Have a tank generate more threat overall, tech ofcourse will play a big part of this, but blastershot form a storm and a tank at the same tech level should be in favor of the tank. Also the taunt should reset the threat of all combatants with the target, and generate a higher ammount of threat, giving the oportunity for people to be "saved" by the tank.
The aggrobomb does a big deal of threat, but i have not noticed any threat changes at all with this weapon.

So what would happen?
if a storm shoots a blaster and rocket, this would be more than enought to pass the tank in threat, so they need to think before doing too much damage.
The taunt will get the tank up to the same ammount of threat as the top ship on the threat list, and a bit more, giving the tank an oportunity to take back the agro.
Aggro is not based only on damage, but on overall use of items according to tech level. Assuming same level, in a full battle a storm could be using (blasters+repair)+rockets+aim+perfo+thermo vs a tank using (blasters+repair)+shield+taunt+scramblers+aggrobomb. Usually the storms items have a faster cooldown than tank ones, switching the aggro to storms. Taunt is used on a single enemy, boosting the aggro only on that one. Aggrobomb share the damage when more than one enemy is hitted, so bombing 2 will share 50/50, for 3 is 33/33/33 and so on, but it does not matter how many enemies are hitted, the "aggro" is calculated on single use of the item. The task of tank is not sustaining damage all the way, but diverting the aggro at the beginning of the battle, so squaddies take their chance of beating safer. Remember that tank is only 50% stronger than storm, aggroing a lot of enemies all the way while the squaddies attack will end in tank being podded most of times. In the past, "aggro" used to be fixed for first attacker, no matters its tech level or items using, so a tank making the first hit with aggrobomb on a bunch of enemies usually was a death sentence for it (assuming the attack was not enough strong to kill them all at once).

Profanity filter.
This is something Pirate Galaxy needs more than anything right now.
A profanity filter to be triggered on and off if you want it.
The GM's are putting too much energy on correcting what someone is saying, and people is taking advantage of it.
People triggereing other people into saying bad things, just to have them muted or banned in worst case scenarios.
Example:
OK, so the word crap, is enherited from the old medieval lathin word crappa, which means trash.

Add a profanity filter and let the storm rage for a while, it will settle, and the community will be alot less tense aswell.
However let the filter be togglable, and let the GM's deal with those who overuse the profanity instead.
This is rated +13 not +3.
I think there is already a filter implemented, but only for a few words. Try the "f" word and you will see the effect. About your example, well, remember some words can be offensive for certain people living in certain countries with certain beliefs. Even some words can be offensive for people living in your neighboorhood, even at next door. :eek: Language is a social development...

GMs.
The GM's should be looked over, dealing with those not fit for the position (yes you know who you are).
Some has broken the CoC and some does not even know all of it.
Give them a test, and situations where they have to act accordingly to the CoC and evaluate them from there.
Bad GM's can realy ruin a good game.
GM's go trought a trial process (TGM's)

Conquest Planets.
I wish to see the cryonite bonus for planets again.
None realy need the gravitons that much, and fighting for a cryonite bonus is more of an advantage to get new players more interested getting into clans and fight with you, for their sake.
Most conquests ends up being onesided now, adding the cryonite we hold so dear into the calculations and we will want to realy fight for it again.
Clan gravitons are usefull for Sirius players doing CM's. But I will like to see the cryonite bonus back. :sneaky:

I will again remind, i might have forgotten something, but will add more if i come up with something.
These are the most game ruining experiences i met so far anyway.
Thank you. I hope my words are not offensive for you. :|

MAup

Reaction score
HGus said:
Aggro is not based only on damage, but on overall use of items according to tech level. Assuming same level, in a full battle a storm could be using (blasters+repair)+rockets+aim+perfo+thermo vs a tank using (blasters+repair)+shield+taunt+scramblers+aggrobomb. Usually the storms items have a faster cooldown than tank ones, switching the aggro to storms. Taunt is used on a single enemy, boosting the aggro only on that one. Aggrobomb share the damage when more than one enemy is hitted, so bombing 2 will share 50/50, for 3 is 33/33/33 and so on, but it does not matter how many enemies are hitted, the "aggro" is calculated on single use of the item. The task of tank is not sustaining damage all the way, but diverting the aggro at the beginning of the battle, so squaddies take their chance of beating safer. Remember that tank is only 50% stronger than storm, aggroing a lot of enemies all the way while the squaddies attack will end in tank being podded most of times. In the past, "aggro" used to be fixed for first attacker, no matters its tech level or items using, so a tank making the first hit with aggrobomb on a bunch of enemies usually was a death sentence for it (assuming the attack was not enough strong to kill them all at once).

I think there is already a filter implemented, but only for a few words. Try the "f" word and you will see the effect. About your example, well, remember some words can be offensive for certain people living in certain countries with certain beliefs. Even some words can be offensive for people living in your neighboorhood, even at next door. :eek: Language is a social development...

GM's go trought a trial process (TGM's)

Clan gravitons are usefull for Sirius players doing CM's. But I will like to see the cryonite bonus back. :sneaky:

Thank you. I hope my words are not offensive for you. :|
In the case of aggro, this makes little sense, but i roll with it, still a better threat based point table would be better to acually execute tougher bosses, whereas it might be needed to have a tank or hybrid good enought to soak damage and a engineer/hybrid to sustain the tanks ability while the firepower is directed to classes capable of doing so.
And ofcourse balance the whole thing..

If there was a profanity filter, there would be no point of having an argument of an GM about a word.
Also, if we take into concideration that anything may be offensive for any group of people, the ammount of things we would be able to do/say would be equal to zero, nothing, becaus someone might take offence, and being scared to say anything becaus someone might get offended by anything you say, is stupid.

There is a HUGE difference of saying something that may offend someone without thinking too much of it, aka no big deal, than to acually target a person and point these things towards them, to offend them.
This is what alot of people are getting rather angry with the community.

I am very well aware about the TGM process, and that is why i added this.
Together with the fact that they might need to rethink the whole thing.

About the conquest planets, well the gravitons is not of much use for many players, either they are in sirius or not, but giving something back to the people we want to fight for, thats how you light the spark.

I do not take offence in what anyone would say, and i will never do so. If i have a larger tollerance to what "might offend me" less harsh arguments will occur. People take things too serious.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
About the Aggro, I spent more than one hour digging the changelogs, but finally I found it: http://pirategalaxy.com/en/changelog-april-the-6th-2011

The interesting part says:
Improved the AI:
Every item you use will generate agro for surrounding enemies.
Nearly every AI controlled unit will target the enemy with the highest agro.
The AI will now switch target when someone has generated a higher agro then his current target.
A good tank player should know that. If the tanker sees a squaddie in trouble, it should try to make the enemy to switch target to itself. The non tank squaddies should know when to stop fighting and run away until its aggro is switched to the tank (or whatever other with good health).

Prese95

Reaction score
captdeadpool said:
meh too much info to read make them shorter and more clearer :D
If u cant read it just go away u are annoying

MAup said:
I dont see any problem and i dont see any bad meaning but soon even hi would be counted as offensive