What's new

The Unknown Past

alpha3

Reaction score
Alright now i've decided to start a story that hit my mind like a brick all of a sudden. It's gonna be started right here under this text anytime i feel like it (which may be the next moment). Now i would request the readers to please be patient with me because most of the time i cant get on the internet which will result in gaps between my topics. I think this story will be pretty interesting as i'm doing something new. Well i think its obvious that all the stories here are 'different' lol. So looking forward to it..

alpha3

Reaction score
Guys i'm still not done with Mizar system in the game so this story will only include Gemini, Antares and Vega systems. Well i'm forced to put Sol in as i feel an urgency to do so as it was the home system of humans.
Here goes..

Chapter 1
Agitur System

For the last 4000 years the system Agitur had been captured by an intelligent species who called themselves humans. Agitur consists of 4 planets located very far away from each other.

The planet Mortuus was the one located at the far end of the system. It had an orbit that would take 4880 years to complete one circle. It is mostly clear to human eye when traveling the space as it is mainly made of crystals and is covered in ice which reflects Agitur's star. Not much is known of that planet as humans have not yet discovered a way to get to Mortuus and stay alive for more than an hour. The cold makes life out of question.

Primum is the planet located after Mortuus. It is at a unique distance from Agitur's star which is able to sustain life if it grows but due to the planet's dark past it is impossible for life to find its way on this planet for some next million years. The first human settlements used to live here. They burned up all the planet's resources and gave it the fate that the planet Earth in Sol was facing. It is said by the humans that Primum was captured by mantis for several thousand years but research showed that the planet had strange and completely alien conquerors long ago which were definitely not mantis. Lack of prove led the project to destruction but the fact of those alien species is still used in discussions sometimes between humans.

Then comes the planet that is used by humans to live at the current moment. It's called Vivere. This is the only planet left in Agitur that is able to sustain life at a certain level. With the correct technology humans can live on this planet very comfortably. The planet shows life very deep inside the ground. Strange remains of organisms are found while some plant remains have also been discovered. Without doubt this is the best planet suitable for life after Primum. Vivere is the only hope of survival humans have left on this system. They take care of it like it's their god. The planet's resources have not been touched by any human hands which is why all of the resources are still brought from Primum to this planet. Agitur's star is the major source of power for humans.

Then comes the last planet located so close to Agitur's star that it looks like hell itself. Volcanic eruptions, melting and all the radiation has covered the planet mostly in lava and other molten substances. It was named Obustus. Research shows that once Obustus was at a fine distance from the sun but due to several meteoroid hits its orbit was disturbed. After every orbit around Agitur's star, the planet is found to be 500 kilometers closer to the sun. It will not take long for the planet to impact it's star's surface but due to its small size it won't make a difference.

(All the system's planet names and the system itself has been named in Latin. You can use Google Translator and see their meanings)

alpha3

Reaction score
Alright readers, im gonna post the next topic in a day or two. Er... it might take a little bit longer if it may but it's probably gonna be up sooner than you think.

alpha3

Reaction score
I’m not really a science guy but I’ll try to make this as clear as possible…

Chapter 2
The Very Start? or Not...

It was unclear to every single man in Agitur that what exactly happened to their ancestors and the ones before which made them move to this system but there had been rumors going on since the start that the first humans to come on Agitur had been on an escape. Some said that humans were simply interested in this System to come here but no suggestion was good enough or even close. Some of the religious men told that Gods from other systems had sent them here to live. Even though it sounded like a joke, it did make some sense as very advanced spaceships had been discovered on Primum that had been used by the people's ancestors or more likely the first ones to arrive in Agitur. Little technology was able to match the spaceship as they were too advanced. Some spaceships had fusion technology which knocked the scientists senseless as the only fusion reactions were thought to be on the stars of systems like the star of Agitur. Whatever the reality was, everyone knew that they were not the first humans in the universe. There had to be other human civilizations in far systems.

"Doctor we have burnt all the energy on the fusion reactions but we just cannot reach the right temperature on which the fusion can be started. The only way is to land on our star and get the energy from there"
"Then land there!" cried Doctor Swagger.
"Doctor we have tried all we can on the fusion field but it seems out of our range to be discovered. However ionic power can be used to travel between systems but the only problem is..."
"...that we need a lot of it to do whatever the hell we are on. To be honest Jack, i'm tired of this fusion joke too but i just cannot imagine a Hanger sized ship traveling to another system with 90% of the ship being occupied by ionic fuel to be successful"
There was a short silence as Dr Swagger held his head in his right hand.

"I have done it! I have done it!" The sudden shouting made Swagger stand from his seat and look around. One of the scientists was running in the way of the office with a face that made Swagger doubt the limit of happiness there could be. He approached the doctors and shouted out once more, "I have done it!"
"What in god's name are you up to?" asked Jack, startled.
"I've discovered a way to make fusion, sir. I have done it!"
Dr Swagger thought he was dreaming when he heard the scientist. Without waiting he told the scientist to explain what exactly he had discovered. (I can’t write the explanation guys. As I said above, I’m not really a science guy)
There was a huge round of applause all over the lab and the scientist found himself more proud than ever. Dr Swagger shared the good news to the Agitur Government and the construction of a brand new fusion ship started.

alpha3

Reaction score
I'm sooooo sorry for the delay readers.... Unfortunately the same delay will have to occur again for some long time... Life's busy these days...

alpha3

Reaction score
Tried my best to make this one longer lol.

Chapter 3
A World of Fusion

To ion power: the world was no more. Surprisingly the government had not put much expense to their new discovery which was the reason why Vivere was almost completely dominated by Fusion technology. From small civilian ships to massive transporters, every single ship used fusion. It was effective, cheap and surprisingly consumed less energy than it was previously thought to do. Much problems had been solved by the invention o fusion technology. Resources could be extracted much faster and would now arrive from Primum in minutes rather than hours, It took seconds to reach any planet’s orbit and on top of all, it was now possible to make way to Mortuus. The incredible energy released by fusion reactions could be controlled but also be used to sustain heat. A great many things could be discovered on that planet. It was still a question if the planet really was dead or if there was something that spoke otherwise. Only time would answer those questions as scientists tried their best to enhance in this new field. All this were useful benefits but the real reason for why the scientists had been mad on fusion power was something completely else.

Agitur was the only system known in its galaxy to have another system so close that it was possible to make travel. The thirst for knowledge had given mankind the motivation to try and make travel to that system but there had been no hope until now. The invention of fusion had made transport to the unknown system heavily possible but there were still long delays by the government for reasons no one knew. Clearly they were well equipped and required nothing but still delays were pushed on. There could be lack of funding or some other matters. The scientists just hoped that nothing would go wrong.

On the flip side it was now possible to make way to Mortuus. However instead of a fully armed and prepared squad, only one single fusion ship was sent to discover. The scientists showed much interest in Mortuus but to government it was just another planet to waste money on but still they couldn’t affort more riots by the scientists.

The little ship boosted out of one of Vivere’s space stations. “Woohoo! I would definitely love to get used to this” called out Pilot Austin to his co-pilot who was laughing with him. Rick and Austin were one of the most trusted and sleek pilots known to the government. Their talent in piloting ships had been of great use to the Agitur Government. They started their careers as professional racers 20 years ago. Their talent led them to streak of 78 wins to 0 losses. It a long time for their skill to be recognized as 16 years later they made their way to government business. What they did was very silly but they got more than they deserved so it went the same way for the next 4 years until finally they were chosen to drive the brand new fusion powered ship to Mortuus. This was an a difficult job but the two pilots simply needed something ‘new’ to do besides transporting birthday presents to commanders and generals everyday. The little ship sped its way to the last planet known to Agitur. Rick had gotten used to their new ride but Austin still had some urges to push afterburners. Without taking advice he pushed the lever further and the ship went to a dazzling speed. “For god’s sake Austin you’ll drain out all the energy left! We still don’t know what to expect on Mortuus so lets just keep what we can and not waste it over silly means!” cried out Rick. “Ok ok brother just chill” relaxed Austin as he pulled the speed lever to normal. The flight lasted 10 more minutes. If the ship was running on ions then it would’ve taken more than an hour. Rick flipped some of the heat barriers on to avoid giving out too much heat.
“Ain’t all those switched need to be flipped on? We’re going to Mortuus bro ain’t we?” asked Austin.
“We want to survive not burnt alive”
The two brave pilots were already starting to feel it as their little ship crashed through the atmosphere of the dense planet. The clouds covered all the view and the sensors indicated nothing. Finally the dark white clouds left the windshield only for the completely white ground to show itself. The sight was not impressive but the two men stared in awe at the mountains and the ground that seemed to have been made of chalk. They sped through the air, keeping a good distance from the ground. Finally after some minutes of staring Rick closed his opened mouth and walked towards the control panel, still dazzled. He switched on another heat barrier and called out, “Show me what you got Austin” before fastening his seatbelts. The former racing champion grinned and pushed the speed lever gently. The ship boosted forward at a speed of 5 kilometers per second. This was going as planned…

alpha3

Reaction score
Guys this one's gonna knock some of those old memories back up. Oh and i added this new 'END OF CHAPTER #' thingy in the end of every chapter so don't worry if you think that the story is being closed because it is not. Hope you enjoy this ;)

Chapter 4
A Jewel in the Rough

Austin’s snorts were soon heavy enough to annoy Rick out of his mind. He threw the book he was reading aside and screamed Austin’s name. Austin tried to jump up from his seat with surprise but the seat-belt stopped him. Good thing he wouldn’t land on the speed lever yet again.
“Are you out of your mind?!” cried Rick.
“Something wrong?”
“We came here to search….. something ,not think of this trip as our vacation!”
“If I’m correct then that’s your job right? I just fly this beauty dude”
“Well who knows when the next planet sized mountain will come speeding down on us?”
“I put it in autopilot. Anyway you found something?”
“No. Long range scans give no results except ice. I’m starting to think this planet really is made up of ice” replied Rick, still a little annoyed.
“What if the golden goose is behind the next mountain?”
“What do you mean golden… wait. Sensors pick up an object with high energy behind… That” Rick looked up from the screen, into the windshield and pointed towards a mountain.
Without questioning Austin turned his little vessel over the mountain and crossed it.
“That’s it now lower the altitude” Rick was impatient.
The little fusion powered ship slowly went closer to the ground and stopped 20 meters above it. Both the pilots stared at a strange piece of architecture lieing on the ground. It was the size of a human leg and seemed to be broken off from something bigger. “What is it Rick?”
“I don’t know”
“You think we should collect it?”
“I don’t know. Who knows if it’s a bomb?”
Just as Austin was about to start another argument, a thunderous BANG sped through the area. Both of the humans looked to their right as that seemed to be the place where the sound could have come from. It was a strange sight. A colossal mountain was collapsing 4 kilometers away. Huge masses of snow seemed to be storming towards the little ship and all around the collapsed mountain.
“Rick?”
“Get us out of here!”
“What about that thing?!”
“Just… just… collect it!”
Austin collected the weird looking plate and boosted out of the area, into the empty sky. After a minute or two, they were well out of the atmosphere and Rick was breathing hard.
“That was nuts bro” breathed out Austin.
“Well good job with the piloting. I think we have enough to show the scientists. Lets go back home”
“Okey Dokey” replied Austin as he pushed the speed lever and faced the ship towards Vivere. After a minute Austin suddenly said, “Brother its getting hot in here” Rick suddenly jumped off his seat and ran towards the heat switches. He switched all the barriers off except the last one. “We were a second away from turning into dust…” he said.

Rick went down into the collection chamber and carried the strange looking plate into the cockpit. It was neatly carved, had little symbols all over it, was surprisingly very light for its size and had a little ball in its center of green color. The two men stared at it for long. After all Austin questioned, “Is it still releasing energy”
Rick took out his energy goggles and put them on. He looked at the thing for some seconds before saying, “That ball right there seems to be releasing tons of energy. It’s weird. Something that small should not behave like that”
“What do you think it is made up of?”
Rick took off his goggles and stared at the green ball hard. He took out his flashlight and flashed it at the thing. In result is flashed all the light back like a mirror. Rick gave an annoyed groan due to the light but switched it off. “Its cryonite” was Rick’s reply.
“What’s cryonite?”
“One of the rarest substances found in any planet known or unknown. It is usually deep inside the planet and only the mines up close to the surface can be grinded for it. However we find this thing of no use. Don’t you think it’s such a waste? I mean a thing like this could be used… I don’t know as some sort of currency”
“Pish Posh… All this crap is of no concern to us brother lets just leave this sh*t to those smart heads and let them figure out. We just fly. Like always”
Rick put the piece of ‘something’ down in a corner and sat next to Austin. “Lets get back home brother” said Rick.
“As you say captain”
“Go easy I’m not your captain”
“You want a piece of me?”
“No”

END OF CHAPTER 4

alpha3

Reaction score
Hey guys it's me again replying on this topic after almost a year. Sorry for such a long delay but life got a bit messy :| . I plan on continuing this story but sadly i've got no idea where i was gonna take it all that time back so don't expect a new chapter soon lol (maybe a week or a bit more). Also i've forgotten most of the story of ALL systems so it's gonna be hard. However since i'm now in Draconis and have discovered that the artifact is completed eventually, i'm gonna change my story line from the game's.

alpha3

Reaction score
Oh and a bit of help with the the story from Antares to Mizar would be helpful. Just the basics :sneaky: