Exup

LCM (Lead Community Manager)
Community Manager
Reaction score
PG_MTT2014.jpg

The Pirate Galaxy PvP Leagues Tournament 2014
"2 vs. 2 Squad Battles"

Hello pilots!

The Survey whether their Ancient bps from Vega - Mizar is completed, and your choice was clear. You decided against the use of the Ancient bps in the smaller systems. Now you get all the information about the upcoming tournament. We are proud to be able to present it to you.

Dates and Event deployment:

From Saturday, April 12nd 2014, a Multi-Technology Tournament is going to be celebrated on Vega System’s Colossus Battle Planet, Vega Category will be the first of all categories belonging to each system the game owns, they will be sorted as the same way as the game history line provides (Vega, Antares, Gemini, Mizar, Sol, Draconis, Sirius).

Tournament Rules:

A squadron will consist of 2 members.

Format for registration: name of squadron, squadron leader, Pilot.

Tournament players can't be more than one third of pilots belonging to same clan.

No gravitons - any graviton use immediate disqualification!

No Drones

No Ancient Technology from Vega - Mizar

Parsecs allowed

Afterburner: using afterburner is allowed but pilots must be returning to combat at the end, we would class retuning to combat as flying towards other pilot, or using ranged items. Pilots just being stationary or flying away from their opponents after the afterburner has ended will forfeit the current round.

All participating squadrons must be present for at least 15 min before the start of their battles in orbit of Colossus (Vega3).

Each squadron must land on the instructions of GM, even if the squadron is not complete.

Each squadron will assigned to a GM and must arrive promptly at him.

Squadron members who come late will be excluded from combat.

If the members of a squadron decide surrender / stop participating in combat, the squadron will be disqualified.

Every pilot, who is on more than 1 squadron, will be removed from the newest one. Each pilot can be a member from only 1 squadron.

Each battle will have a maximum duration of 30 minutes, with 3 lives per pilot. In the final, all pilots will have 5 lives. = Decision depending on the server

All non-registered players who land without prompting, will be teleported into the hangar of Kalabesh.

Teleport is done upon sight immediately and without warning by the present GM team. Repeat offender will be banned for 24 hours in the jail.

Each pilot with bad language, sexual innuendo, racist statements and what is similarly with this, will be excluded from the tournament and will be blocked for all upcoming tournaments.
In addition, here takes up the CoC.

Don't start talking about cheating or something like this when pilots die.

Community Managers will allways have the last decision and the last word

The tournament is always on a Saturday / Sunday in Vega 3 - Colossus. Date and time will be announced according to the registration phase.

The results are immediate, or may be published on the following Monday. End of the registration will be on be on a Friday approximately Midday (GMT) with the tournament scheduled Saturday/Sunday, Exact time and date of tournament will be on registraion page

Members of a squadron can be changed under certain conditions after the completion of registration. It can only be claimed at the respective CM. = Decision depending on the server

The ships can be changed upto the start of the tournament.

Prize List

Vega:

Anin-TR War Hawk.jpg
1st Prize: Anin-TR War Hawk + 30,000 Cryonite
2nd Prize: Ultimate Energy Pack + 20,000 Cryonite
3rd Prize: Elite Energy Pack + 10,000 Cryonite

Antares:
Anin-TR Fire Storm.jpg
1st Prize: Anin-TR Firestorm + 30,000 Cryonite

Gemini
GC-TR Fusion Storm.jpg

1st Prize: GC-TR FusionStorm 30,000 + Cryonite

Mizar:
MST-TR Fusion Storm.jpg

1st Prize: MST-TR FusionStorm 30,000 + Cryonite

Sol:
STAM TR-Lightning Storm.jpg

1st Prize: STAM TR-Lightning Storm + 30,000 Cryonite

Draconis:
META-02 TR-Storm.jpg

1st Prize: META-02 TR-Storm + 30,000 Cryonite

Sirius:
TR-storms.jpg

1st Prize: TR Storm of your choice + 30,000 Cryonite

Registrations:

To participate on each category, you shall do it on each forum thread created to be used for each case, using this template:

Squad name
Pilotname 1 (Considered as Squad leader)
Pilotname 2

dr.claw

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Chancellor Gowron
Rank
Clan
the outlaws solaria
Parsecs allowed???

then i can tell only parsecs will win that.Better is to remove that from this

WRAITH1

Reaction score
personal opinion:

seems like another improvised event controlled by human action which is often ineficient..havent they learned to program software controlled events? or are volunteers cheaper than coding?!
at least software even if its faulty its faulty the same for all participants...

also the rules gimme a headache do i need register with my lawyer present?
also unclear i give u an example:
Afterburner: using afterburner is allowed but pilots must be within blaster shoot distance at the end of the afterburner, i.e. no running and hiding
so if id care for the event and wana use ranged weapons like rockets thermo i would b penalised by this rule....may as well make it fixed position ...

passenger8

Reaction score
-rules rules rules... -dear sir´s, what we need in PG is more anarchy and real skills.

-the programming of this game is too manipulating, means we miss shots according to the programming and not by lack of skills.
-and we can only collect what we are allowed to collect. made most clear in BP missions.

-there is only one way to play this "game", and that´s the splitscreen way.

-it´s hard to keep up the fun of playing this way in the long run. (if you ask me?)

-so, more anarchy and avoid boyscoutcamp attitudes. -thank you:)

WRAITH1

Reaction score
some more personal opinion comments:

Exup said:
No Ancient Technology from Vega - Mizar

Parsecs allowed
lol...even if id care i wouldnt go sell my ancient equipment from all my ships or buy new ships just to get frustrated by "humans" deciding who breaks rules and thus who wins.
and supposedly trying b fair by not permitting ancient tech but permit parsecs is another lol worth...nvm the drones i saw nothing mentioned bout tht.

+ the threat of jailing for not having the lawyer present and comprehending all those many illogic rules sounds also very attractive...
Exup said:
All non-registered players who land without prompting, will be teleported into the hangar of Kalabesh.

Teleport is done upon sight immediately and without warning by the present GM team. Repeat offender will be banned for 24 hours in the jail.
but dw i estimate ull get lots players participate probably not game veterans but some youngsters tht play pg today and tomorrow now thus making the event mostly useless.

ever since beta weve been waiting for alousy pvp event planet where we can go and bash eachothers heads in or just test our ships in an controlled enviroment (controlled by software and permanently open)... we wouldnt even need rewards if it was setup right way (for example not loose cryonite etc) thus noone could abuse the system.
add a menu tht control sthe settings of the pvp enviroment between the warring players and who accepts join and fight ..
thers already a post on the idea which has exised since beta but noone cares much to implement it seems.
i replied to another colosus complaint post and mentioned the idea again:

WRAITH1 said:
colosus as overalll pvp in this game has always been an improvisation full of flaws..seems ever since game came out noone wanted work on creating pvp tht would make sense and b fair.
woulda been easy create a planet for funning around with ur ship solo or multi open or with restrictions (each could set conditions of their battle cause its their battle) but noone cared.
on such planets u can choose (with checkmarks on a menu of options) if u want
-an enviroment with obstacles
-fixed positions 1 in range of anothers weapons (or multi vs multi) to bash eachother til 1 pods
-limit weapon types,tech,etc
u get the idea
in case ur new to this and dont know a small example of flaws (nvm the human factor supposedly watching rule breakers) in colosus events tht has never been fixed :
when u have an adversary in buddy list and ur targeting him because ofc ur fighting him and u activate speed actuator or protector the speed actuator and protector would go active on tht persons ship thus obviously making u loose...
now tell me whos gonna bother workaround and remove all buddies to participate in colosus events just because noone bothered to fix the sofware...

wkdragon828

Reaction score
How is this tournament gonna work for all the players? Not everyone lives in the same time-zone. If this occurs during mid server time or something, it would be midnight for some people (e.g. me)

alekjoao98

Reaction score
I am 6 hours difference with Askone pff.... so no exceptions for players like us????.

Obitus

Reaction score
I have to say--the idea of this tournament disgusts me.

• By not allowing ancient tech, players now have to PAY to enter the competition with no refund.
  • "Players must show up on time". Sounds great in retrospect but some of us are so far off of server time, 1PM becomes 2AM.
  • This seems to be a purely GM ran event based off the fact you can't control who lands. I could theoretically land and OS the combatants before they teleported me and it would kill them. This is bad for the combatants as well as the GM's if they flip red (unlikely). Also, if the event is GM ran, this shows the devs haven't done anything besides make a new planet (Whoo--they copied and pasted Colossus with a new name). When's TC coming out? The fables I tell my *kids* at night about TC has them ready with no new content to contain their lust.
  • Stupidity. We are tired of PVP being controlled. Most of us 85's hardly show up to Colossus or CQ's anymore due to the lack of free PVP. If I want a PVP, I don;t go to the buggy Colossus, I go to Gazica or Sirius and ask around. I might dislike SOB and FW but (msot of the time) they've got a good attitude towards fair PVP and are willing to experiment with ships; you don't see that often.
Cheers and hopefully the devs and GM's get their act together,
OBITUS

wkdragon828

Reaction score
alekjoao98 said:
I am 6 hours difference with Askone pff.... so no exceptions for players like us????.
Im 9hrs ahead of Askone Time Red, so there's absolutely no chance for me to compete :(

JimGR

Reaction score
To start...that Rule of not hiding or running ruins the whole event....So what shocks snipers storms etc (ranged ships) will do??? Will the go all in and pod in a bit??? A guy that is a pro in storm cant win according to that rule..after the rd he is pretty sure pod...I believe instead of that u should make a limited area of pvping...Like the centre of Colossus that has e field...if u escape that e field( u pass through the rocks that surround the centre) Then u are disqualified...Not that awfull rule of not beiing able to play as u like...Being able to get away from the others blaster isnt running to quit or hiding,., it can nbe strategy !! Ranged ships if that rule remains are useless if u must be in blaster range...So u should recosinder that rule....We play the game and we know a bit more of what a fair pvp should be like...
Well about the time...i dont think they can do much...if they make it closer to u then "i" ll complain cause server time is near my local...its askone server so all events should take place at prime time of that server :) No offence but thats how it is

Malevos

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Malevos
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighters
Hmmmm I must say i do agree with a the points raised here about the flaws in the event and how it will work, however, I also feel it's really good that we finally have an opportunity to get the TR ships as a lot of the people playing now did not play the last time this tournament was run and I like the idea of it being done as a pair fighting eachother to make it more interesting.

Would like clarification on whether ancient will actually be allowed for sol and draconis if so then is that really fair to the players who haven't reached sirius who want to participate, I would say no but at the same time I can see why it's been done this way. Furthermore, when you say parsecs allowed is that just the original 4 or all of the prototype ships including hybrids? Personally I would say they shouldn't be allowed in this tournament as it gives the players that have them an unfair advantage. I don't deny that I have prototypes for mizar and sol and may well use them if they're allowed.

jevans3050

Reaction score
For those of u complaining about the so called "time Difference" the tourney on each server will take place at the hosting servers time. e.g players on solaria will have the event at solaria's server time which is 6hrs later than the server time of Askone...so do every1 a favour before u go complaining bout things like time zones...check the information posted first!

Best Regards FM. :mrorange:

jevans3050

Reaction score
Further more WRAITH1 if u have no intrest in the tourney why bother posting ur clearly over thought ideas and opinions??? also like to say I completely agree with jimGR in regards to the use of ab in the tourney after all for shock pilots using their ab to gain distance and by cool down time is a prime strategy in any type of pvp and considering the shock ship ridicules armour abing away is an absolute must against certain ship classes. and in previous tourneys of this type there was no restriction on the use of ab...wht happened was the opposing players would add the gms on surface as buddies before the fight began and were made to remain with in a certain area (previously very center of map) and were disqualified if they left the area...this was much more effective than the current rule on use of ab as it allowed each pilot to use their own stratagie and resulted in much better pvps as it came down to each pilots own skill in combat.

best regards. FM :p

Obitus

Reaction score
jevans3050 said:
For those of u complaining about the so called "time Difference" the tourney on each server will take place at the hosting servers time. e.g players on solaria will have the event at solaria's server time which is 6hrs later than the server time of Askone...so do every1 a favour before u go complaining bout things like time zones...check the information posted first!

Before you claim we're all ignorant and write out a stupid reply, note that not all players on a server follow the server time zone. Solaria is running on EST which covers most of the 13 colonies. I myself just moved west of EST and am now 1 hour +/- which isn't terrible. But let's take my friend, Musli--he lives in Europe so he's almost 6-7 +/- hours behind but on Solaria Server which is EST.
so do every1 a favour before u go complaining bout things like time zones
, check the damn information.

WRAITH1

Reaction score
jevans3050 said:
Further more WRAITH1 if u have no intrest in the tourney why bother posting ur clearly over thought ideas and opinions??
if THINKING and having IDEAS and OPINIONS is a crime, its my personal crime u dont have to worry urself, ur safe.

simple answer for flamers/trolls: i post my ideas and opinions BECAUSE I CARE TO (i write simple answer 1st because the typical flamer/troll doesnt often read more than the 1st sentence;as proven below)

if tournament wasnt badly set up i bet noone would mind participating as any extra game content is welcomed by most.
how would ssg know if its good or bad u ask? well thts where the crime of posting thought out ideas and opinions come in handy. heck even posting "OUCH!" is good enough feedback someone stepped on ur toes.
(and fyi i bother to post "OUCH!" for fellow players also)

+ no idea how many days uve been playing but i suggest get better informed if u want make a pertinent comment on this topic ... i suggest u chk into past history about GM run events. (dont ask players tht have played less than 1 week) u can also try some colosus events for urself and see if im wrong about the flaws tht exist (and as metioned below u didnt even bother to read) and ull b more informed and can try the crime of THINKING also before u post.

jevans3050 said:
also like to say I completely agree with jimGR in regards to the use of ab in the tourney
this is best example of flamers/trolls: they skip over the threads posts selectively reading and pick someone to try and annoy and then to try cover up their hostile characters they mention someone they agree with....if hed bothered to read my post mentions the AB rule before jims (btw kalimera jim!).

just to save u few clicks:
WRAITH1 said:
Afterburner: using afterburner is allowed but pilots must be within blaster shoot distance at the end of the afterburner, i.e. no running and hiding
so if id care for the event and wana use ranged weapons like rockets thermo i would b penalised by this rule....may as well make it fixed position ...

vamsi

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-.V.-
Rank
Clan
The Wreckers
err seriously... dont bother with that noobish afterburner rule.... how the hell u can use sniper or storm with that rule lol.... u can use afterburner to get away from stun or something but it depends on the other player to follow u or nt.... if he doesnt then how can he be in blaster range when the afterburner ends.... seriously thats some messed up rule.... if u dont want ppl hiding or running from match... limit the battle area in collosus... And btw i wanna know something else..... what if u got a engi in sq sq and doesnt materilsing works or nt? cause engis one of primary tech that is... a bit confused on that

jevans3050

Reaction score
Obitus said:
jevans3050 said:

Before you claim we're all ignorant and write out a stupid reply, note that not all players on a server follow the server time zone. Solaria is running on EST which covers most of the 13 colonies. I myself just moved west of EST and am now 1 hour +/- which isn't terrible. But let's take my friend, Musli--he lives in Europe so he's almost 6-7 +/- hours behind but on Solaria Server which is EST.
so do every1 a favour before u go complaining bout things like time zones
, check the damn information.
Obitus u have a valid point however I was directing my statement at players who for example live in Europe and choose of their own free will (for it was their choice) to play on an American server tht has its time based on American time not European times...however I also know tht u guys in the states have tht whole east coast/ west coast time diff and under stand tht at times can cause problems taking part in events...no offence was meant but "we live and die by the choices we make" so if u chose to play on an American server u can not reasonably expect events to be held according to ur local time.

jevans3050

Reaction score
WRAITH1 said:
jevans3050 said:
Further more WRAITH1 if u have no intrest in the tourney why bother posting ur clearly over thought ideas and opinions??
if THINKING and having IDEAS and OPINIONS is a crime, its my personal crime u dont have to worry urself, ur safe.

simple answer for flamers/trolls: i post my ideas and opinions BECAUSE I CARE TO (i write simple answer 1st because the typical flamer/troll doesnt often read more than the 1st sentence;as proven below)

if tournament wasnt badly set up i bet noone would mind participating as any extra game content is welcomed by most.
how would ssg know if its good or bad u ask? well thts where the crime of posting thought out ideas and opinions come in handy. heck even posting "OUCH!" is good enough feedback someone stepped on ur toes.
(and fyi i bother to post "OUCH!" for fellow players also)

+ no idea how many days uve been playing but i suggest get better informed if u want make a pertinent comment on this topic ... i suggest u chk into past history about GM run events. (dont ask players tht have played less than 1 week) u can also try some colosus events for urself and see if im wrong about the flaws tht exist (and as metioned below u didnt even bother to read) and ull b more informed and can try the crime of THINKING also before u post.

jevans3050 said:
also like to say I completely agree with jimGR in regards to the use of ab in the tourney
this is best example of flamers/trolls: they skip over the threads posts selectively reading and pick someone to try and annoy and then to try cover up their hostile characters they mention someone they agree with....if hed bothered to read my post mentions the AB rule before jims (btw kalimera jim!).

just to save u few clicks:
WRAITH1 said:
Firstly i'v been playing for 2,190 days or so minus time for holidays and personal time ( simpley put around 6yrs) so I know all about past events such as pvp tourneys as have taken part in more than my fair share so "You should check your information" before trying to act like u know better than every one else.

secondly I never said u couldn't have ideas or opinions jus tht if u have no intrest in the tourney (ur own words btw) why share them....if u were planning on taking part then of course I would never suggest u shouldn't have input and id gladly take wht u have to say on board.

thirdly I was responding to jim GRs post bout the last pvp tournament that was held on colossus in which there was no rule in regards to use of Ab but where both teams of pilots were required to remain within a certain area (center of planet) which if u reread ur post on the subject u never actually mentioned (poss cause u wasn't there who knows)

and finally yes I did actually bother to read ur entire post before my first reply and yes I read all other posts on this subject in full and not just bits and pieces. my post was was not meant to inflame but to ask the question "if ur not bothered why waste time writing a post" however if offence was caused I do apologize as wasn't my intention

jevans3050

Reaction score
btw WRAITH1 there was one part of ur first post I did (believe it or not) completely agree with and tht was the point u made about older players waiting Eons for a free open pvp planet to "go smash each others skulls in" after all their really isn't a better feeling than podding that rly annoying Mizar Parsec (aimed a Dark Devastator :p ) and would be great if they had it so players wouldn't lose cryo while fighting on said planet as then pilots wouldn't be afraid to have sum real fun and not like the devs would have to much to do after all lotta unused planets in the game tht could be utilized "looks to sol system".

Rekx321

Reaction score
I have been playing pirate galaxy for 2 years, and its been fun playing with people. Although this tournament is unfair in a way that players who sign up can easily replace their missing squadmates. There should be a penalty towards there team. I was signed up for the sol tournament in aeria server, and the GM allowed players to replace their missing squad mate. Also, there is a lack of balancing with the power of ships and blueprints. For example, the gold aim computer still misses against the top most blue aim scrambler 60% of the time in my tournament, as well as the tanks have the mobility to get up close rather than snipers and storms that can fight far away. Splitscreen studios needs to balance out the pvp, add penalties to teams that replace their squadmates last minute, and create a pvp where long range ships have better mobility than close range ships, since these close range ships (i.e. tanks) have high sustainability and lots of power.