TC3 1st impressions

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
So after a couple of days and some DR tech collected i wanna share some of my impressions of TC3 and it´s contend (Story not included cus not started yet).

The new Planet Calon:
The new planet looks well done and more "alive" then even the "old earth". Another thing is that it gives a bit more space between the units and not such an cramped feeling like on Venar/New Earth where several enemy groups tend to be on 1 place at the same time. I normaly don´t have the Music active for PG but everytime i do stuff at TC Planets the music is turned back on cus of a good transition between the calm theme and the battle theme of the planet and for Calon i can again say it has been well composed and fits the planet perfectly.

It´s just sad that we still have no way to calibrate the Sound for Music and Effect seperatly cus imo without the sound effects of the items a bit of the immersion goes missing but with Music and Sound at the same volume the sound mostly interferes with the music to much imo).

The Units
The 1st thing i noticed right away is that most of the Enemies at Calon seem to have a "Glass cannon" build by dealing a more dmg but in return have a "weak" armor. In compare to New Earth (aka Earth in Unrest) even a Baiter can be killed fairly easily and can be considered as one of the few "easy to kill units" cus they only have a blaster as offensive weapon and no other dmging items.

On one side i find that a nice change to have units that can be dealt without of a big struggle while on the other hand... some attacks seem pretty absurd what their dmg belongs. I mainly speak her from one of the new Units (Sejmet in this case) and the Sticky Bomb. Holy Moley the dmg is absurd considering that 1 Sticky takes 20-25% of my HP. Basicly during Solo rounds i can take 1-2 of those units down but either have to use the RD already on the 1st one or start it for the 2nd one. Don´t know what their Bomb deals for dmg but in my Para i need to have RD and RTurr nearly all the time ready if it goes against those units while against most other units i can take down 3-5 in one go with RD and RTurr.

The other new units i encountered are fairly doable (of course by fighting them 1v1) so it seems that Split tries here to go another way of shoting that allows solo rounds (at least until TC4 and probably the next armor is comming what should it make even easier then) by giving us units that have less HP but more dmg in reverse.

The new Tech
Another thing i noticed straight away is that the DR tech seems not to deal any more dmg then the Modal tech to Siri Units (R5 tested so far) cus the dmg with my Modal tech was the same as the dmg with the DR tech were i expected at least a few more % of dmg (3-5% for blaster, 5-10% for Rocket and SB) while on the other hand all other units outside of Siri have an increased dmg that can be noticed. So either it gives some sort of hidden "dmg threshold" that dictates how much dmg a unit can recieve or it is some special mechanic only existing for Siri units in order to prevent pilot to farm with new powerfull tech.

The possible Issue
The issue however that starts now isn´t that Siri (13% penalty) is becoming useless for farming cus acording to Highway it should shift to the TC Planets to be more atractive anyways BUT from my testings i noticed that the Cryo drop rate is insanly low on Venar (5-7% penalty)/New Earth (0-3% penalty) were i did shot for around 1 hour all kinds of units (no harvs though) on both planets and only earned something around 75k with a Cryo Drone (10%) + an Ultimate Cryo Booster (45%).

In compare i did shot different units at Calon for another hour as well and earned something around 150k with the same setup. I can understand that Siri shouldn´t be considered the farming system for TC Pilots anymore but shifting the farming to the top planet shouldn´t be a thing as well imo and it needs to find some sort of balance so that Venar/New Earth can be used for farming as well.

So if i want to go for Cryo Farmin atm it makes way more sense to deal with the challenge of Calon units rather then having an "easy time" by dealing with units from Venar/New Earth.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Vesperion said:
It´s just sad that we still have no way to calibrate the Sound for Music and Effect seperatly cus imo without the sound effects of the items a bit of the immersion goes missing but with Music and Sound at the same volume the sound mostly interferes with the music to much imo).
Settings.png
Music only (separate from effects) was added long ago. I'm not sure how you didn't notice that in settings. You are able to do only Music if you wish (how did you think we youtubers publish OSTs for new updates :) ).

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Vesperion,

Thanks for your detailed Feedback

Regarding to Cryonite farming, we are aware of the issue and as Highway said in Dev Shack, changes will be introduced about that as soon as they are looking solid and ready to be released.

Don't hate our Sejmets, they are pure evil love :devilish:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Rajaa said:
Vesperion said:
Settings.png
Music only (separate from effects) was added long ago. I'm not sure how you didn't notice that in settings. You are able to do only Music if you wish (how did you think we youtubers publish OSTs for new updates :) ).
I´m aware of that what i mean is to have the option to adjust the volume for Music AND Sounds individually and not just have 1 of both active.
For example:
Music: 100% (Slider all the way up to the right)
Sounds: 25% (Slider around the word "only")

A thing that nearly every game has and i´m more a type of player who has Music and Sound in a game then rather just having one ;)

Fission said:
Hello Vesperion,

Thanks for your detailed Feedback

Regarding to Cryonite farming, we are aware of the issue and as Highway said in Dev Shack, changes will be introduced about that as soon as they are looking solid and ready to be released.

Don't hate our Sejmets, they are pure evil love :devilish:
About that i already made an more detailed Idea about "how to solve it eventually" in the Dev Shack so i will just link to that again Fission^^
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=202137#p202137

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Vesperion said:
I´m aware of that what i mean is to have the option to adjust the volume for Music AND Sounds individually and not just have 1 of both active.
For example:
Music: 100% (Slider all the way up to the right)
Sounds: 25% (Slider around the word "only")

A thing that nearly every game has and i´m more a type of player who has Music and Sound in a game then rather just having one ;)
You are right , separate bars of volumes would be good , to adjust those settings by our expectations :)

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Thanks Vesperion for your impressions. Glad you like the music from venar upwards. Michi the composer will be very happy to hear that.

Changing the volume seperatly is something I also would like to have so that the music can be enjoyed more and the sound effects toned down a bit. Lets see what the future brings on that front. If this was easy it would be already implemented ^^

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Highway said:
Thanks Vesperion for your impressions. Glad you like the music from venar upwards. Michi the composer will be very happy to hear that.

Changing the volume seperatly is something I also would like to have so that the music can be enjoyed more and the sound effects toned down a bit. Lets see what the future brings on that front. If this was easy it would be already implemented ^^
While you are at this Highway can you give a look into the chance to eventually give us an option to disable the screenshaking when we get hit as well? Sometimes i want to enjoy a battle from a close range look but each time we get hit the screen shakes like during an earthquake what can be a bit anoying imo :LOL:

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Highway , ur God , Confirmed.