What's new

State of the game

ErdyPider

Reaction score
Ok so I've been playing PG a long time, and I just wanted to state something of an issue with the game.

IT'S BORING.

Now the gameplay itself is good, maps look good and the different ships are good, but you spend 90%+ grinding for little green crystals, and dont get to enjoy the gameplay. The economy needs sorting or new players will just quit when they find out how much of a grind this game has become.

Same for blueprints. Why are they in multiple pieces in the lower systems? Its not fun looking for golds anymore.

I'm not normally one to complain, but something has to be said.

WhiteFire

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
WhiteFire
Rank
I completely agree with you. This game is no longer worth the playing with the time + effort needed. Even the early-game is somewhat hard now, and that will only turn away new players, which this game desperately needs. Remember when finding a gold was exciting and thrilling? It's gone from "Yes! I've finally gotten the gold!" to "Oh great, another gold, can't wait to get another 20 of these." [Insert sarcasm]

Even the current 10th anniversary event is boring, you'd think it would be big and flashy with massive bonuses and boosters for everyone, but nope. All we get is some more energy from the blue balls and lets be honest, the energy values should be permanently 1000%. But then again, what can you do when your staff count is 2, right? lol

If you don't mind reading, feel free to take a look at my post (rant) from two years ago, I feel like those issues still exist two years later and won't be changing in the near future. Here's the link:
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=40915

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
first of all the game wasn't meant to be completed in a day, if the game was completed in a day a week or a month then what's the point in playing ?

In the last two years the devs have come out with more updates then they did in the previous years, which says "we have heard your complains and are trying our best to get new content out there".

Destructive complains doesn't help in anything to the game, we are pleased to recieve feedback from our player base but pushing things down dont solve anything.

Yes some updates have been met with some negativity but some pilots had the chance to test updates to new content and give feedback did they ? No! all I saw was PvP and zero testing and zero feedback.

The gold bps the devs read everything about pilots grinding gold and some times it took months and pilots lost interest, so the bp system was changed so it made it easier and faster to gather golds rather than waiting months.

We accept feedback and I'm sure the devs will try their best to bring the best content they can. If some updates are met with hostility the devs will read the feedback and make changes but If only 2-3 pilots complain then that says to the devs that everyone else loves it

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Do achivements, that will keep you busy the next decade. :)

POSITRON3

Reaction score
ClockWire said:
first of all the game wasn't meant to be completed in a day, if the game was completed in a day a week or a month then what's the point in playing ?

In the last two years the devs have come out with more updates then they did in the previous years, which says "we have heard your complains and are trying our best to get new content out there".

Destructive complains doesn't help in anything to the game, we are pleased to recieve feedback from our player base but pushing things down dont solve anything.

Yes some updates have been met with some negativity but some pilots had the chance to test updates to new content and give feedback did they ? No! all I saw was PvP and zero testing and zero feedback.

The gold bps the devs read everything about pilots grinding gold and some times it took months and pilots lost interest, so the bp system was changed so it made it easier and faster to gather golds rather than waiting months.

We accept feedback and I'm sure the devs will try their best to bring the best content they can. If some updates are met with hostility the devs will read the feedback and make changes but If only 2-3 pilots complain then that says to the devs that everyone else loves it

I will give you a feedback, the person responsible for 10 year event idea, fired him, only that will help a lot this game :)

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
POSITRON3 said:
I will give you a feedback, the person responsible for 10 year event idea, fired him, only that will help a lot this game :)
It's a good event i'm enjoying managed to completed it in two days but i enjoyed it. We will fire Red-Arrow if that pleases you ? :LOL:

POSITRON3

Reaction score
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
ClockWire said:
POSITRON3 said:
It's a good event i'm enjoying managed to completed it in two days but i enjoyed it. We will fire Red-Arrow if that pleases you ? :LOL:

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I love this game.

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
Some QoL updates and new features like daily login and the obvious stuff itself would come in handy. I appreciate their efforts towards the game nonetheless. But still, wish it was easier in terms of accessibility.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Let me throw in some thoughts from my side as player who basicly did play since day one (and due of some strange circumstances had a pause for a few years (4 - 5 years)).

The eternal Cryodrop discussion:
The game has seen some drastic and some minor changes over the course of it´s lifetime (currently even decade). One change that was noticable pretty soon was when the game got full released and was available for the public. The Cryo rates where changed drasticly from feeled 75% to nowadays 30 - 35% and even with some a penalty that did reduce the amount of cryos instead of lowering the chances to get a drop at all.

This change was removed pretty fast after players complaint a lot against it cus it "destroy the purpose of farming" with higher tech in a lower system. Farming nowadays still has the same Meta "Fly with the current System ship to the previous system and the highest Planet" Despite the fact Players say that the Cryo rate is trash i must say it always stays at the 30 - 35% rate even in higher ships it´s just that the time of the drop is shifted due of the higher tech you used and with that the kill of the enemies.

Time to do an Event:
In terms of the events they did change from totaly easy and doable within 1 day to "what the heck did they think themself by that and did they even test this at all?" and yes it might be annoying at some point but on the other side if an event is to easy everyone complains anyhow and in Events you never can satisfy everyone.

However i must agree that this Event is a bit lame for a 10th Aniversary celebration and for me this event only serves as collector cus in the end i will never build those ships up or if i build them up they only will collect dust in my Hangar.

No one ever listens to ideas/suggestions:
Here i must say yes and no at the same time cus you never can fullfill all whishes for every player but some Ideas did come into the game from ideas and stuff. For example the Defender Class that was implemented with Drac was something that was whished from the community very early with mines and stuff but sometimes players tend to forget that it a) must fit in the game and b) takes time to develop new features into the game.

The always whished features:
At the same time an long whished feature (that nowadays is something pretty basic in manly Online Games) is an daily Login Bonus that gives you various stuff to log into the game and maybe at the end of the week something special like maybe Gold or a Booster for 1 Day. Until this day it never came into the game BUT they have such a feature in Dino Storm at least so why not for PG as well?

Another thing that is an whished thing is something like daily/weekly/monthly Missions that in the end give some nice rewards to "distract" from the boring and tedious cryo farming we do all the day anyways. PG has lot of room for such things it just needs to be done.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Vesperion said:
Let me throw in some thoughts from my side as player who basicly did play since day one (and due of some strange circumstances had a pause for a few years (4 - 5 years)).

The eternal Cryodrop discussion:
The game has seen some drastic and some minor changes over the course of it´s lifetime (currently even decade). One change that was noticable pretty soon was when the game got full released and was available for the public. The Cryo rates where changed drasticly from feeled 75% to nowadays 30 - 35% and even with some a penalty that did reduce the amount of cryos instead of lowering the chances to get a drop at all.

This change was removed pretty fast after players complaint a lot against it cus it "destroy the purpose of farming" with higher tech in a lower system. Farming nowadays still has the same Meta "Fly with the current System ship to the previous system and the highest Planet" Despite the fact Players say that the Cryo rate is trash i must say it always stays at the 30 - 35% rate even in higher ships it´s just that the time of the drop is shifted due of the higher tech you used and with that the kill of the enemies.

Time to do an Event:
In terms of the events they did change from totaly easy and doable within 1 day to "what the heck did they think themself by that and did they even test this at all?" and yes it might be annoying at some point but on the other side if an event is to easy everyone complains anyhow and in Events you never can satisfy everyone.

However i must agree that this Event is a bit lame for a 10th Aniversary celebration and for me this event only serves as collector cus in the end i will never build those ships up or if i build them up they only will collect dust in my Hangar.

No one ever listens to ideas/suggestions:
Here i must say yes and no at the same time cus you never can fullfill all whishes for every player but some Ideas did come into the game from ideas and stuff. For example the Defender Class that was implemented with Drac was something that was whished from the community very early with mines and stuff but sometimes players tend to forget that it a) must fit in the game and b) takes time to develop new features into the game.

The always whished features:
At the same time an long whished feature (that nowadays is something pretty basic in manly Online Games) is an daily Login Bonus that gives you various stuff to log into the game and maybe at the end of the week something special like maybe Gold or a Booster for 1 Day. Until this day it never came into the game BUT they have such a feature in Dino Storm at least so why not for PG as well?

Another thing that is an whished thing is something like daily/weekly/monthly Missions that in the end give some nice rewards to "distract" from the boring and tedious cryo farming we do all the day anyways. PG has lot of room for such things it just needs to be done.
I agree to the thing. We don't really push updates but we need some interesting things to do. Rewards for completing achivements and daily login would fill the lack of fun. About daily/weekly/monthly mission it'd not take much time to make them and PG would be more fun to play because most players just go offline or sit in orbit and chat with others because they are bored and got nothing much to do. This would help players wait for new content more happily and they'd not feel like that new content is taking too long.
About this event, 1000% isn't bad booster, but for 10th anniversary boosters are really bad. This is time for celebration of this game, i really think we could get at least all boosters +10% or 20% (speed, deflect, cryonite, 50%vault) and that way this anniversary would be celebrated properly less people would complain.

WhiteFire

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
WhiteFire
Rank
ClockWire said:
The story/campaign of a multiplayer game should take at most a month to complete, the end-game content is where the majority of time comes from. The story/campaign should also be fairly easily completed solo in my opinion. (Especially now that there really isn't a playerbase that can squad up and everyone just ends up asking help from the late-gamers)

ClockWire said:
POSITRON3 said:
You know who should be fired? The person who decided the level lock system for missions. Unnecessary changes are bad changes.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
WhiteFire said:
The story/campaign of a multiplayer game should take at most a month to complete, the end-game content is where the majority of time comes from. The story/campaign should also be fairly easily completed solo in my opinion. (Especially now that there really isn't a playerbase that can squad up and everyone just ends up asking help from the late-gamers)
It doesn't matter who you ask help to. :eek:

WhiteFire said:
You know who should be fired? The person who decided the level lock system for missions. Unnecessary changes are bad changes.
The level system has been there from 2010, and players have been looking for exploits since the beginning... :eek:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
HGus said:
WhiteFire said:
The level system has been there from 2010, and players have been looking for exploits since the beginning... :eek:
The level lock was something that was implemtend later cus i can remember that during my time we could use the Lvl 60 ships to do Mars Missions with them and even "skiped" the "Sol starters" and directly made our way to the "big boys" of Sol instead of doing this inbetween step.

You can say that the level lock was something thay implemented later as adition of the "system lock" cus way early in the game it was possible to do Missions from a lower system with a ship and the items from a higher system until they restricted Missions to be playable only with the Ship and items of the system itself.

Anyhows now that i´m done with the event since yesterday (3 days alone for the Silver torture) i haven´t much to do again. An Event is more like an distraction for an limited amount of time and once you are done you are back at square one that is basicly the following line:
1. Complete/Redo all missions in Squad and Pirate Mode for Achives if you are into that
2. Go and complete all missing BPs/Golds
3. Help others with their Missions/Event/whatever ingame
4. If pilots are available go hunt for some Venar BPs or try it alone
5. If point 1 - 4 are complete go farming for Cryo
6. During point 5 have time to chat with others cus no real challenge

Issue is when a Pilot has nearly everything complete (even Sirius) then there isn´t really much to do for them until either a new update with more contend arrives OR when an event comes up to "distract" from the current game for a while.

It all sums down to "keep the players busy even with something simple like daily/weekly/monthly task that in the end reward you with something like cryos and Gravs for the dailies, a "BP of your choice", a booster for 24 hours for every 3rd daily and weekly and for the monthly completion maybe the "big bonus" of everything + some Gold at the end.

Players need something to work for instead of just go and grind/farm mindless.

ErdyPider

Reaction score
Another Issue i would like to discuss is Cryonite, It needs to be consistent.
For example i came on last night (05/07/20) Ring 5 Coszeyn , grinded for roughly 1 hr, made approx 250k cry, came on this morning, same planet, did just under 1 hr, 20k cry. Thats just silly, the grind needs to be consistent. this game is grindy enough as it is. at least let us make a consistent amount of cry in the time we take to grind.

I know that Cry amounts were adjusted recently, but it doesn't matter when the cry simply doesnt drop.

Thanks For Reading.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
I think thats easy to explain, that literally only happens in sirius, because in sirius the amount of units you kill per hour is low, so if you are unlucky with some of the unit, it will reflect in a big level into the cryonite obtained this hour, if u dont like how grinding in sirius is, i recommend u earth in unrest harvesters with a friend, u will get equal or even more cryonite per hour and it will always be consistent :)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Another Issue i would like to discuss is Cryonite, It needs to be consistent.
For example i came on last night (05/07/20) Ring 5 Coszeyn , grinded for roughly 1 hr, made approx 250k cry, came on this morning, same planet, did just under 1 hr, 20k cry. Thats just silly, the grind needs to be consistent. this game is grindy enough as it is. at least let us make a consistent amount of cry in the time we take to grind.

I know that Cry amounts were adjusted recently, but it doesn't matter when the cry simply doesnt drop.

Thanks For Reading.
I think thats easy to explain, that literally only happens in sirius, because in sirius the amount of units you kill per hour is low, so if you are unlucky with some of the unit, it will reflect in a big level into the cryonite obtained this hour, if u dont like how grinding in sirius is, i recommend u earth in unrest harvesters with a friend, u will get equal or even more cryonite per hour and it will always be consistent :)
Thing is with Siri planets that droprates seem to have a weird mechanic here that falls a bit out of the regular 30-35% rule for a drop. A few days ago our Clan was at Musbalin and the droprate was really to run away. With DR Tech you can easily kill 10 units+ within a few mins but if after 10 units not a single drop occurs something is strange.

In compare to the current R5 we are on Athphorian the droprate is amazing cus here really every 3rd-4th unit drops a cryo or bp. On all other planets outside of Siri the droprate still is a constand 30-35% chance but Siri still is the better option to farm for cryos and imo it´s best to hunt WU and MU for the time/kill ratio cus in the same time i kill 1 SU i can kill at least 3-4 MU what equals 4 chances of cryo vs. 1 chance for a cryo.