What's new

star base suggestion

Karol143

Reaction score
Hello I’ve recently been thinking about a change in the game that might make it more interesting.
So I’ve been thinking about option for the player to have their own star base (buildings are listed below )
Few word of info before I begin listing buildings
- I just want to bring more tactical thinking into the game not turn it into strategy or something
- Mentioned buildings are in their working names so there no guarantee there go in such set.
Other thing could be implemented along option of having a star base:
- Two new drops related to cryonite
Scrap metal(guaranteed) – dropped from any ship shoot down can drop by itself or in any available drop combo)

Cryonite ore – more often dropped counterpart of usable cryonite

- Transport ships -this will be only for starters cargo hauler also limits strike group transport capacity and can load all three resource drops (Scrap metal, Cryonite ore and usable cryonite)

Cargo hold of one transport can fit inside 4000 units of each (12000 units in cargo hold in total)

- Your star base can be teleported between the systems (don’t want it to be bound to one system)

Note I left out some buildings at minimal details (devs will chose how they will work best)

Buildings list

1)Utility buildings
Headquarters (or HQ for short)
- Maximal upgrade level of this building is dependent on your pilot level
- max upgrade level of remaining building is dependant from upgrade level of your HQ

Power station
- generates power to power up the base
- produce power cells for ships(it taught about power cells be placed on kind of recharge pad )

Recycling station
- scrap metal is proceed into Cryonite here
- you’ll income in Cryonite will be half of invested amount of scrap(witch for starters will be let say 8000 units)

Processing station
- Cryonite ore is proceed into usable cryonite here
- you’ll income in Cryonite will be equal to invested amount of ore(witch for starters will be let say 8000 units)

Teleport relay
- allows you to move your star base between the systems (but sole requirement is constant supply of power cells )
- starter power limit will be 8000 units
- one teleport costs 2500 units

Operations center
- you can form strike groups here (let say 2 for starters)

- this building also controls how many ships can go to a single strike group( let’s say 8 combat ships and 4 transports for starters )

- building also controls how many ships you have in squad directly under you(for starters maybe 4 combat ships and 2 transports)

increases from upgrading
1 strike group per 4 upgrades
1 combat ship and 1 transport per upgrade

Ships related buildings

Ships factory
- this is yours main source of ships (can be build one at the time)
- ships will be build unarmed (by unarmed I mean ship won’t have even sub-standard blasters equipped)
(sniper and defender ship classes are enabled for production when we get first blueprints for them appear and that would be around last three systems as far as I know)

Components factory
- is yours main source of components to arm your ships

Pilot school
- as your ships won’t fly them self’s so you need train your pilots here

Pilots quarters
- building where unassigned pilots under your command live

Armoury
- in this facility your ships are armed
- process is automated as long you have components to fit your ships with (only fully armed/ equipped ships will be directed to hangar)

Hangars
- building or I should say buildings for storing your unused ships(it will be separate hangar for combat ship of each class and transport ships)
- about ships stored let’s take count in landing pads (1 landing pad = 1 ship)
- rule of being unarmed applies to both combat skips transports (because transports can be fitted with collectors afterburners and repair droids)
- starting limits I suggesting will be listed bellow

hangars for combat ships - 40(one half of the limit is for battle ready ships second is for unequipped)
hangar for transports – 40 (one half of the limit is for battle ready ships second is for unequipped)

IMPORTANT
1 limits will be multiplied by number of system unlocked (count from system first model appears)
2 combat ships of each class in either system always get equal amount of landing pads even if first model would be appearing in let say Draconis system.
3 hangars for sniper and defender ship classes are enabled to build only after first model is obtained

Storage buildings

Components storage
- your Components are stored here

Cryonite storage
- your base cryonite is stored here