What's new

[SOLVED]Text bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wargibbon

Reaction score
I appreciate english isn't the first language of the developers. That said, there are numerous text bugs throughout the game. I'd actually forgotten how many as i started a new character on one of the other servers to fill the time. These text bugs are not just related to missions, there are made up words, grammatical errors, list goes on. It makes the game seem unfinished. I should add these bugs are on all the servers, as the mission descriptions and anything else in game related are all in english. Any chance someone could have a peek through the code and finally address these please as these bugs have been there since day one. Thanks

Enz0f0rcE

Reaction score
I don't really like those grammar errors either, but I still understand what you need to do. Usually you don't have the time to read it all because you need to focus on your mission :mrgreen:

nebulaman

Reaction score
yeh, they can be a little annoying, but i think maybe rushed development has a hand in it too

Wargibbon

Reaction score
ROFL, this one made me laugh. Outside Vega 1 on the spanish server. Taken CAUSING SOME HAVOC mission. If you click on the MISSION tab at the top of the screen you get this message - "Remain in orbit and await further instructions", but if you double click on it you get this message, "Fly down to the surface and await further instructions". So which is going to be? lol

Sidenote, failed this mission first time because if you stay in orbit, nothing happens. So went down to the planet where i get told how to create a squadron, which is something you can only do in orbit... FAILED

So went back to orbit, chose the mission agian, this time it worked

Delloda

Reaction score
German is the main language of the company but the main language of our game designer and me is most definitely English! :mrgreen:

I reviewed the entire English game text file last week and changed all to American English including spelling errors and grammatical changes! it will be merged with the game in a week or 2. Bear in mind that there may still be a few error that i may have missed so please point them out for me in this forum so i can correct them!

Status
Not open for further replies.