What's new

[SOLVED] Cant repair + screen res issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RzrsEdge

Reaction score
Ok, this was posted on the gamigo forums but didnt get resolved by anyone but me so here is what happened. My screen resolution is 1680x1050 and worked excellent until the server move. Since the logout option was bugged, it forced me to ALT F4 to close. When I re started the game, the screen res stayed at 1680x1050 BUT the game image itself was 800x600 causing everything to be extremely small. I tried a repair but it said failed. I currently use the client download but tried the browser version with the same results. I cleaned out my cache, temp inet files, uninstalled and reinstalled and then it worked fine. After I alt f4 to exit out, I would reinstall the game and then could play just fine. posted below are the posts from the other forums.
=========================================================================================
In-game name is RzrsEdge

2010-02-23 03:03:38,640 starting repair application...
2010-02-23 03:03:38,640 initialize localization..
2010-02-23 03:03:38,656 opening connection for metaData..
2010-02-23 03:03:39,015 finished loading metaData successfully.
2010-02-23 03:03:39,015 ---------- current configuration ----------
2010-02-23 03:03:39,015 version: 1000164
2010-02-23 03:03:39,015 error during repair
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.splitscreen.launcher.elements.Configuration.ge tBaseDir(Unknown Source)
at com.splitscreen.launcher.RepairApp.main(Unknown Source)
=========================================================================================
Some heads up on the progress I made while trying to RESOLVE my own issues. This BUG IS fixable with me RE-installing the client from download. Most of this is from not being able to log out and forcing a CLOSE with Alt F4. IF I log out properly, the BUG doesnt come back. Maybe with all the SELF trouble shooting and REPAIR, I should get a DEVS job?
Fixed temporarily. The nuisance is still there of having to REINSTALL the game every time I want to log in and play the game. This ALT F4 is killin everyone and that is the MAJOR problem that is causing my issue. The "hardware" problem was not the issue here. What is the issue is bad programming that is causing the ALT F4 closing. PPL are losing Cry, gold, BP's and yes, COMPLETE ships because of this BUG ISSUE. It seriously needs to get fixed. Im losing time on my membership cause of it and soon I will demand a reimbursement of all time lost added back to my membership or some other sort of compensation.
LOG FILE OF TEST APPLET:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking free diskspace:
OK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Launch a process:
OK
Test file download:
OK
Testing connection:
OK
Testing DirectX support:
OK

---------------------------------
System Information:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: MS-7125
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1792MB RAM
Page File: 513MB used, 3172MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag Notes:
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

Display Devices:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8500 GT
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9621 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 1/11/2010 23:03:33, 6359168 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

Sound Devices:
Description: Realtek AC97 Audio
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Driver Name: ALCXWDM.SYS
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5890 (English)
Date and Size: 7/26/2005 04:03:22, 3644032 bytes
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Full
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 26, 25
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 26, 25
HW Memory: 0
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps in fixing this issue as the game was unplayable for 2-3 days til I temporarily fixed the issue.

S

Sayyadin

The problem was already fixed with today's update.

Please confirm if it is fixed.

RzrsEdge

Reaction score
Sayyadin said:
The problem was already fixed with today's update.

Please confirm if it is fixed.
:) So far so good. Havent had any issues with the loader as of yet but I am keeping an open eye :) Now if we can stop the lag just before restart LOL. Thanks Sayyadin for a FAST response. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.