What's new

Slightly dissapointed

Dakahn

Reaction score
The new configurations for ships in pg seemed like a great leap towards needing to grind less cryonite. Not so. Essentially all it is, is purchasing another ship for 25% of the cost of the original ship. This would be fine, but the fact is that we will need multiple versions of our ships for each system if we plan on helping people with their story missions now.

I can understand that it wasn't desirable to let people who have one prototype essentially get that ship for all systems if they already had it in sirius, but how much more cryo have we already paid compared to the normal ships?

If you combine the old ship prices from mizar to drac for a non-rare ship (no tech installed, all ships including r45 and all armors including methanoid) that would be 448960 cryonite. That is over 200k less than just the hull of the original prototype ships, not even including armor. If you include armor to draconis level, the prototype costs roughly 2.2 million cryonite. Would it be so bad to let us have that armor across all configs and let us disable armor without selling/rebuying?

What makes sense with a configuration? That because you have a second setup on a ship you have to buy all the armor from scratch, or that you would be able to remove and replace armor that you have already purchased for no fee, or just a minute fee?

I don't know what others think of this, but I personally feel like we should be able to use our ships without having to rebuy armor. Let us have some sort of inventory, where we choose which armor is currently active.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Dakahn

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
i totally agree.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Dakahn said:
Would it be so bad to let us have that armor across all configs and let us disable armor without selling/rebuying?

What makes sense with a configuration? That because you have a second setup on a ship you have to buy all the armor from scratch, or that you would be able to remove and replace armor that you have already purchased for no fee, or just a minute fee?
As far as I remember, that was the original idea. But then the "items" question arised. Even if you downgrade your armor, you still need to downgrade items for lower systems. Then the update escalated to more complicated configurations, and included the "level restriction" for missions.