What's new

Shortcut for switching between drones

InfernoRock

Reaction score
Pertaining the subject above, I would like to suggest that asides from the current drone changing mechanism, there should be an add on to it where the players can set the drones with shortcut key that, when pushed will instantly change to the corresponding drone.

Eg. illus.JPG
As shown on the above example, player should be able to determine the shortcut key between F1, F2 and F3 for every drone slot available with a drone installed. Upon pressing such key will instantly change to the corresponding drone as the player sets.

Thank you and that's it from me.

PS. The motivation on this matter is that, there are always somebody who can't wait for others to change to their PLUS drone before jumping on the Giza/GT cryo.

nibble

Reaction score
I like the idea however how about using keys that are more centrally located as some people may use left hand for mouse and right hand on the num pad, also I wonder how many people will orbit instead :)

Pleiades

Reaction score
Very well written. The illustration is well put together indeed. The idea of making drone switching/energizing much more simpler is definitely one to think about.

nibble

Reaction score
Is this what you meant with the active drone button a different colour to show it is active and the status bar at the bottom showing the status of the active drone

Attachments

InfernoRock

Reaction score
It does not really has to be just F1, F2, F3. There can also be function such as {next drone} and {previous drone}, and the keys can also be made customizable by the user, to maybe "z,x,c" or "/,*,-," to the user's preference. As for the {next drone} and {previous drone}, they can be mapped to those buttons on gaming mice for best outcome as there are nothing to be done on the mice other than Lclick, Rclick, and mouse3 roll up or down.

passenger8

Reaction score
-i would like an option to activate and deactivate drones manuelly, so you can wear them around and use them as you please, or not use them at all. (to save energy:)

METHANOID

Reaction score
redcoffe said:
and mouse3 roll up or down.
That's allready used by zoom-in and zoom-out option, but a combination of a key and maybe mouse scroll would be good, like to hold SHIFT button and scroll down or up to chance drone.

FantasticFaris7

Reaction score
That's a good idea actually...fast switching drones would e very helpful indeed..(would've been great on the Christmas event because that locator drone drinks energy like water lol). :mrorange: