What's new

Secondary Attributes to Ship Items

shrusxaiken

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

This will be my very first forum post for this game, so please do correct me if I get something wrong here! :D

My experience, though limited up-to sol, in the game with it's items had been same-y and practically are just stat boosts from the base tech from the start. So, I have thought that to spice things up in the late game without adding new items to existing ship classes, why not put secondary attributes to the ship items? :?:

For example:
  1. Instead of shields being an addition to your armor, they have a chance to bounce back to the a certain percentage of the damage dealt to the player/npc.
  2. For rockets, once the target is dead, they can explode in mid-air (Though, I don't know if it should be triggered by the player/npc, surrounding enemies, and/or timed)[ acting like aggrobombs.
  3. Repair fields can give a little percentage boost to all ship items if they're within the area.
  4. For stun charge, it has a chance to damage the armor of the ship instead of just stunning it's systems. (This one is fairly boring because I haven't thought much about it) :LOL:
Or, you can have other attributes that can be researchable but you can only use one type. Like there's is the normal, strong, and rapid ancient items.

So far, that's all I have thought. Feel free to discuss over the thread to correct and/or add on the subject matter! :D

Special thanks to A-LGM ClockWire for sharing me his idea for the rockets!

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
shrusxaiken said:
Hi everyone!

This will be my very first forum post for this game, so please do correct me if I get something wrong here! :D
Welcome to the forums. Nothing wrong here, even I think that the best place is "Feedback" sub-forum.

My experience, though limited up-to sol, in the game with it's items had been same-y and practically are just stat boosts from the base tech from the start. So, I have thought that to spice things up in the late game without adding new items to existing ship classes, why not put secondary attributes to the ship items? :?:
This has been already proposed with different variants. New ideas are always welcome. Thanks

[*]For rockets, once the target is dead, they can explode in mid-air (Though, I don't know if it should be triggered by the player/npc, surrounding enemies, and/or timed)[ acting like aggrobombs.
Interesting. The timed option sounds the most easy to implement. Currently aggrobombs are instantaneus, orbital strikes timed 1.3 seconds, sticky bombs 6 secs and mines 6.5 secs. Actually rockets have a time to dissapear when they miss a target.

[*]Repair fields can give a little percentage boost to all ship items if they're within the area.
Just like attack charge turrets boost the weapons? CQ ships also have area based attack charges and speed actuators.

So far, that's all I have thought. Feel free to discuss over the thread to correct and/or add on the subject matter! :D
Well, then it is fair to keep it in "General discussions" sub-forum ^^