Regarding the "Ultimate PvE Unit Test"

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
As the offical channel does not allow replies i make it over this way.
For those who may have overlooked the post >>>Ultimate in gm spawned units: first test<<<

The main thing i currently ask myself is a drop for each Pilot guranteed or can it also give a "no drop" for Pilots when it gets killed. I refer this thought mostly to Siri or any other instance where more then 1 Pilot or Squads are shooting a unit and can mess up the drops a lot for others. In an event like Halloween this may be acceptable due of the sheer amount of units you can attack but against a single unit it can be painfull to shot it and another pilot/Squad attacks it and your drop gets messed up (Most discussion/complaints around this topic are present or break out in Siri when a certain Boss of the big three is hunted).

For the moment i don´t care about the reward itself as long as it gives an gurantee that really everyone can receive it with the kill even when the pilot may be forced to go to hangar due of nor more E to mat or has an engi to rez him.

Also the question is "What target level is here looked for in terms of the tech?" Do we talk about TC Tech or can lower tech be used as well?

Last edited:

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
hello

we are just testing the unit. We need to get feedback after it's killed.
the more data we can gain on this unit the better we can get it update. We do not know the drop chance, hence the test.
This is the first many test, enjoy!

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I have a question, will this new unit be on every server ?

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
for the moment the test will be Askone and Gaia future test will be scheduled for other severs

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Depending on how the Devs did programm the unit i currently have the fear that it may exclude Pilots if they have not reached at least TC2 for the Armor and regarding the statement "Bring your strongest Ship".

In terms of Feedback i assume that there will be some (luckily the test happens in a time i can play). However i see here eventually the issue that the chosen date and time is not really the best as it is for most users in the mid of the week and they may not be able to participate due of the upcoming day where they have to stay up early again. Would maybe hve been better to plan this for Saturday or even Sunday but maybe more tests will come after this one.

Exup

LCM (Lead Community Manager)
Community Manager
Reaction score
The phrasing I used bring your strongest ship is purely for the reason, it’s a beast of a target which takes a lot of damage, and on the flip side it also deals a lot of damage, if your ship is lower than tai ceti , yes you can participate, nobody is excluded, but you have to prepare to pod more than someone in a fully armoured RDX for example, but rest assured there will be more tests and while we appreciate this date will not be convenient for all, we will be making more tests at different days and times in order for us to get different data sets.

Now being honest with you all, at this first test it is to enable gm members to be more present as this unit hasn’t had much in the way of firepower tests we can’t predict how it will affect the server stabilit, and we don’t wish to cause server lag or issues for you guys, we are testing first at a lower expected pilot Count to keep an eye on how things run and to stop it immediately if things start to go outside what we are expecting.

once devs are happy with the results and data, we will re run the test at a date and time where we would expect more pilots to be able to participate, and gather more data thus balancing the unit for stability and effort/reward systems

Last edited:

Iron Black

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
iron black
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
for the moment the test will be Askone and Gaia future test will be scheduled for other severs
Great then we will be present from the Gaia server. Greetings

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
other question too, will there be a live stream for this maybe with @Poland and CM's or with @Highway again?

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch

Dedera_PRO

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
Dedera_PRO
Rank
Clan
D R A C O N I C S
Will this test also be performed on the Aeria server?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Please ignore my lack of YT creation as i don´t really make much stuff with YT or Vid editing as for such things it gives experts that can it far better then me :sweatgrinning:

Anyways the Vid is simply showing some of the insanity that Unit has and also that it is at the current point heavily imbalanced in terms of "Ultimate" and "being a God like Unit".

From the settings this Unit is currently a Level 100 Mining Device and seems to be a placeholder for now and uses the following items that i could notice:
  • Blaster
  • Sniper Blaster
  • Rockets
  • Lightning Chain
  • OS
  • Corruption Virus
  • Stun Dome
  • (Mobile) Attack Field
  • Repair Field (No self Repair when active)
  • Perforator
The unique feature of this Unit is that it can use all attack Items on up to 15 Pilots o_O. So 15 different Pilots get attacked at once with Blaster, SB, Rocket; Sticky, OS, Stun Dome and Corruption Virus. The LC is here a bit special as it luckily still has a short range but it uses up to 15(?) of them at once so a crowd of Pilots can insta pod if they can get hit by up to 15 LCs.

The range of all other attack items seems to be infinite as the vid shows that it can even attack pilots that where in the lz but the absolute max range (if there is any) is hard to find out due of the damage output.

In terms of the CD for each item it seems to have slightly less CD compared to Player Items so that it can attack rather quick. It was killed after 11 minutes according to the CMs but required a dozens of Pods and a constand stream of Pilots to prevent it from Autohealing (if it should have that) and according to one Pilot droped a Cryo with a value of 155.000.

Feedback about the Unit:
The current setting of this Unit is more unfair then anything else considering that it can attack up to 15 Pilots at once with an pretty high damage what may or may not be related to the Level itself. As it gives no place to run due of the insane range i would here maybe suggest to lower the damage in total by 50% as the stream of attacks is nearly constand all the time so that even engineer ships had no real chance to provide proper healing and in return get the Aggro just to pod shortly after that support.

At least the Unit can not be countered with famous strats like R-Turr spam due of the AoE weapons where a crowded bunch of Pilots and Turrets would just get turned into dust. For the moment it gives no perfect ship against this unit what is good and bad at the same time. Fighting the Unit without an active Cryo Vault would only be a pain as you can pod pretty easily if you don´t consider the use of Gravs what is even then just a temporarily solution until the Grav has run out and enters CD.

Another thing is the drop itself. If this Unit should at some point be a real thing for Events/Invasion/whatever it would require to have a 100% drop chance as otherwise there is no point to attack it when you can go empty handed after all the pods and stuff while others may receive a drop or not and could result in less participants if the reward is based on "chance".

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
No test for Gaia? :(
As the unit has already been tested on Aaskone and as seen on the video that its absurdly overpowered, there would be no need to check it on gaia outside of making pilots die non-stop for 10-20 minutes :LOL:

Doostream

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Doostream
Rank
As the unit has already been tested on Aaskone and as seen on the video that its absurdly overpowered, there would be no need to check it on gaia outside of making pilots die non-stop for 10-20 minutes :LOL:
¿Se volverá a probar dentro de poco?

Will it be tested again soon?