What's new

Regarding enemy early retreat and area update.

Lex097

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
WARIMAN
Rank
Clan
Misfits
my simple questions are :
whos actually in favor of this update ?
what good has it done other than making sirius glitchy and annoying for solo players flying sirius ships ( not tc ships) ?
what good has it done for the game other than making travelling easier in tc ? on that note shouldn't travelling be a challenge ? repogrubs are a pain now in tc, as if they weren't already a pain.
why does splitscreen have no regard for skills or the freedom of players wanting to fly solo and not in squads? i.e movement skills are pretty much useless or at least not that important in sirius now other than doing bosses?
and finally, who actually asked for this update ?
I would also like to state that ss hasn't fixed many glitches with the game, glitches that have been there for years, are they bad at programming or something ? and they suddenly change stuff without asking, stuff thats been working, yes there are things that could use tweaking but no, they just flat out ruin the game. SS doesn't appreciate the real players who work hard to learn how to fly their ships and learn the mechanics of the game, they prefer people just getting to sirius in 2 weeks and sitting in 5 man squads with their paragneiss and no skills, with memberships and modules, thats not all players ofcourse but this is the sad truth for the most part. I could make a video flying in sirius and showing how much of a mess it is rn, but I am not even gonna bother.. I am sure most people know what I am talking about.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Ah the good old "I play this game since years but never needed an Forum account until i have to rant about something" post :p

Well i think the main reason for this new aggro range area "feature" was mainly be done cus if i remember it correctly here and there was always someone who complained about "how freaking long units follow you on a planet when you have already passed 3 other spawn points and are literally on the other side of the map" or something around those lines.

Tbh for Siri it is a "bit more challenging" now for farming cus it now happens way more that you start to fight 1 unit and end up to battle against 5 a few secs later cus you can not pull them out anymore like before. For TC i can not say how much it has changed the locations cus i´m currently not around in TC when i not have to but i assume that some areas/locations are now easier to deal with if you not drag the attention of th half planet in your backpack.

As a side note:
If refering to Splitscreen consider using the short term SSG or Split cus "SS" can be taken as an offensive interpretation even if most should know for what it stands in the forum and in game ;)

Lex097

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
WARIMAN
Rank
Clan
Misfits
Ah the good old "I play this game since years but never needed an Forum account until i have to rant about something" post :p

Well i think the main reason for this new aggro range area "feature" was mainly be done cus if i remember it correctly here and there was always someone who complained about "how freaking long units follow you on a planet when you have already passed 3 other spawn points and are literally on the other side of the map" or something around those lines.

Tbh for Siri it is a "bit more challenging" now for farming cus it now happens way more that you start to fight 1 unit and end up to battle against 5 a few secs later cus you can not pull them out anymore like before. For TC i can not say how much it has changed the locations cus i´m currently not around in TC when i not have to but i assume that some areas/locations are now easier to deal with if you not drag the attention of th half planet in your backpack.

As a side note:
If refering to Splitscreen consider using the short term SSG or Split cus "SS" can be taken as an offensive interpretation even if most should know for what it stands in the forum and in game ;)
I am not necessarily ranting although I am furious and have felt bad recently as a part of the community because of the steps SS continue to take. Here, I am just asking the community some questions, and I see some people defending SS too much, that they are a small company trying their best and all but that doesn't excuse the fact that they just flat out change stuff that no one asked for; u talk about someone complaining that the units were following u for 3 fields, funny sometimes they did and sometimes they didnt, why ? because splitscreen's programming isnt even consistent, have they not given this any thought in what ? 9 years ? 10 years ? If ur talking about that units were glitched on r4 with the rocketeers and Parasites immediately healing as soon as they start to retreat, why didnt they fix that ? I have not been on r4 for a while but last time I was nothing was changed. Okay now lets talk about fixing the issue of the units following you, they could have changed it so units follow u at least into the next field and then retreat, simple problem fixed, dragging bosses would work. Tc and other story planets could also do with a slight change of the enemies following u like say about 10 metres and then retreating. The main issue right now for me is not sirius being challenging, its not challenging is what is my concern lol I dont think u read where I talked about movement skills, and this is where there is another thing that this update has done, some sirius unit groups are confined to such a small area.. like 1/3 of a whole field that they fail to come out of that small confined area at all, they weirdly start going back and forth, back and forth, even if ur not trying to pull em; absolutely horrendous is what I think it is, I was sitting on one spot and hit a unit with my blasters and it just started doing this back and forth stupidity, then later that same enemy like drifted a bit out of that zone himself and I shot him from that same spot again and he was fine no problem, none of that back and forth motion. How does anyone explain this ? how do you defend this ? this is not challenging Lol on a final note I would just like to state that my concern is only because I love this game, being attached to it for a long time, I am not being delusional trying to flame SS whatever chance I get.. I have infact liked some stuff they have done and have defended when others are just quick to judge it.. but in the recent years their ignorance and continous bad decisions have made some great players go away from the game.

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Getagripx
Rank
Personally I've not really noticed much of a difference in difficulty because frankly I feel like neither Sirius nor TC were particularly challenging to begin with, maybe feeling just a bit more comfortable traveling and hunting in TC. Perhaps a middle ground can be found, i.e. units follow a bit farther than they do right now but not as far as they did prior to the update ?

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
Still not sure why this change was mode. All I have seen this update do is expose bugs with how enemies follow. :ROFLMAO:
Just look at sirius, it's pretty bad right now.