What's new

PVP OVERHAUL THOUGHTS

tonyikego

Reaction score
Now that we've had a few weeks to get used to the massive PVE changes contained in the PVP overhaul, how do you feel about them?

My assessment is that Sirius in particular is a great deal more of a pain in the behind . Yes, I can still drop and kill a giza, but it takes longer and is an unenjoyable chore. Our tech is less capable and the armor for many of our ships has been reduced. I do not understand the thought process behind making the game less fun. Longtime players have left the game in droves and the last update has driven even more away.

I realize from the developer's own feedback that they don't bother to actively play the game themselves, but it seems to me they would be interested in expanding the player base rather than destroying it. The window of opportunity to save this game is closing rapidly.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Although Sirius is no longer as before, we still have to wait for the Sirius upgrade, which as stated in Dev Shack 5, obtaining bps is Sirius will be easier, even for small groups or clans of players

serebus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Serebus
Rank
I find this PVP overhaul kinda funny sins i have not seen anyone pvp on Solaria at least, and rearly see any reds for that matter so this overhaul has totally missed it´s point.

other than i saw on chat that a few were pvp´ing some days after the update to see what was different and thats it.

Soul-Reaper

Reaction score
I see this PvP Overhaul as an interference of players game-play, players has the right to use any system ship to 1 shot pod someone, sure its not right but everyone has his/her style of hunting reds, some podding others for the bounty and some like to pod others over and over and over again just to feel great, there are those that will give you a fair fight and even if they don't give you a fair fight you can always ask for a fair fight.

The game is called "PIRATE GALAXY" and Pirates will use any means to kill and plunder others, you take away that means then there is no point of calling this game "PIRATE GALAXY".

On the side of Nerving Ancient tech and armor decrease of some system and parsec class ships that resulted in players to quit paying for the game, even worst quitting the game all together, i have seen a lot of active clans with maybe 20-30 members online every day and then after you developers decided to Nerf the ancient tech and decrease ships armor, as a result those clans ended up inactive unless you revert those tech and ships armor back to their original status, those players will keep away from this game.

The cloaked poxy mines was a really BAD idea, that has to revert back to its original way and i think everyone would agree with that.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Last update was 12 days ago :eek:
I remember a time when we waited years for easy bugfixes and months for text fixes :LOL:

tonyikego

Reaction score
Fra_592 said:
I remember a time when we waited years for easy bugfixes and months for text fixes :LOL:
I remember a time when updates didn't mess up the game.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
tonyikego said:
Fra_592 said:
I remember a time when updates didn't mess up the game.
Companion, an update is never good for everyone, there is always something that nobody likes, it is the cycle of life :p

C_D

Reaction score
I remember when people actually played the game, and tried to adapt to updates instead of incessantly whining for changes that will never come.

This game is dead guys let's move on. No amount of "updates" or "fixing" would change that. It would be a miracle if it did and besides, the devs don't care, and if they did, they would update us every day or week at least instead of every month.

tonyikego

Reaction score
C_D said:
I remember when people actually played the game, and tried to adapt to updates instead of incessantly whining for changes that will never come.
I actually do play the game. I have only expressed an opinion here and do not appreciate attacks on other players in the forum. I respect your opinion and request that you show respect for the opinions of others whether you agree or not.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
C_D updating a game on a daily basis whatever is impossible for many reasons, among those, the SS development team is a small team, although they are currently working in PG, just as they can not neglect their other games

On the other hand, daily updates would mean that the development would have to be very fast and this consequently can bring many bugs, yes or yes, neither this game nor any other can do that update daily, never

C_D

Reaction score
What I meant by "daily updates", I meant just messages from the developers themselves on how progress on updates are being made. Things such as teasing new features, or by screenshots, that could be done every few days or once a week. At least to spur further discussion, or to make people now that the devs are actually trying.

The way things are now, things are progressing so slowly that it's just the same old broken record for the past 4 years. No wonder so many people have left.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Do you really expect devs to answer on a feedback topic on week-end? :D
For years we had 0 update, except for 2-3 events/year, now we have things changing quite regularly. Ofc that ain't a big update every month, but with a little team, i think updating the game as often as we wish would bring a lot a bugs (remember draconis opening? ^^ )
What i see with the last updates is that they changed protectors & shields & scramblers, people reacted and they adjusted it twice as an answer, so i would definitely not say that the game is abandonned by PG. Result: their goal was to nerf a little bit scramblers, and now they are stronger than ever. Shields are now finally competiting with shields, and most ships have won HP (exhaustive list of ships that did lose HP: punisher, emperor, Vega ships. Every other ship has either not changed or won HP).
A very good point was the public ptr, but all changes weren't already made, so maybe it happened a bit too early.

That being said about the actual changes brought to the game, i agree with C_D and many others players: Dev Shacks were made to discuss/suggest/feedback changes, but except on Armor Update one, we do not have the feeling that the suggestions are considered and we do not have enough informations to feedback changes before a public test happens (and, sadly, many people involved in the public test give their feedback in game, on the chat, after the update is made, where no dev can read them, instead of doing so on the forum right after the public test :sneaky: ).

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Fra_592 said:
That being said about the actual changes brought to the game, i agree with C_D and many others players: Dev Shacks were made to discuss/suggest/feedback changes, but except on Armor Update one, we do not have the feeling that the suggestions are considered and we do not have enough informations to feedback changes before a public test happens (and, sadly, many people involved in the public test give their feedback in game, on the chat, after the update is made, where no dev can read them, instead of doing so on the forum right after the public test :sneaky: ).
I want to emphasize this point, that there is a lot of truth in it, everyone knows that the first public test, was not what the players expected, however, the few who had the opportunity to try them, did not contribute their doubts, suggestions or Even complaints in the Dev Shack, where it is supposed to be the tool devs have to have at least a comunication with the community in general

They will say, they could connect to the moment of the public test and read things from the chat directly, and this is where I say NO, absolutely not, being in this way the main ideas are quickly lost while in the forum in a single post You can leave all your complaints, suggestions or doubts, that is why the forum is very useful, since it has very practical functions

Crash

Reaction score
GOTIL0N said:
Fra_592 said:
(...)I want to emphasize this point, that there is a lot of truth in it, everyone knows that the first public test, was not what the players expected, however, the few who had the opportunity to try them, did not contribute their doubts, suggestions or Even complaints in the Dev Shack, where it is supposed to be the tool devs have to have at least a comunication with the community in general(...)
Mainly it was a result of bad changelogs. Things like "X have been adjusted to match the new reference." say absolutely nothing. It's weird that devs give so vague info about what they are changing. Was it changed by 5% or 50%? Is it worth testing? Is it just a small minor change or something huge? Info about PvP overhaul said absolutely nothing. Did it say things like "Strong speed isn't useless finally because it was changed to give x% of speed with y active time and z cooldown"? Nah :p Exact numbers are needed, not just "we are changing something". Many people who played on PTR saw first problem with this update on live server for the first time. People did just few PvPs, thought "yeah, it looks fine" and quit PTR. Devs said "test the update" and that's all, it was said that it's PvP update so everyone just did few PvPs. No one thought about testing items in sirius because no one expected that they will be changed so much. Nobody knew what items need serious testing, so people just used favorite ships. Problem with super weak shields and protectors and useless aim scramblers in PvE(now these are fixed) were seen only after update on live. The only problem from PTR that people have seen were too weak stuns, people wrote it on PTR chat where devs were watching but it wasn't changed in live version...
In my eyes the update is very good after all these fixes, however there's one thing left: hp of Ancient ships, they are too squishy.
Devs need to give us exact numbers.