What's new

Prelude My Zen Site link

Inxusyn

Reaction score
ey pirates,

I know this unorthodox as the http://www.prelude.myzen.co.uk/PG site is unofficial and completely unrelated to SG's dev team, I do, however, have a suggestion.

We ALL refer to this awesome website for blueprint and ship drops as well as referencing the story-line missions to help others (and ourselves), so it would not be a stretch to assume that GM's and devs can give something back to this awesome community of pirates.

This game feature request could come in the form of any of the following:
a)markup format capabilities in the clan message board, (massive technical and security issues, I know) or
b) GM's can link to the site via their chat windows and anyone on global can click on link to open the new browser window, (NOT so many of technical issues, but may still be some security issues), or the simplest method,
c) < hard-coded > into one of the game panels, possibly in the HELP section where there are already links to Contact GM, to Open the Forum or to Report A Problem - a new button perhaps or as an entry in the Help section with the link there.

Example Entry:

Unofficial Wiki: For more information about the game, including Missions, Blueprints, Ships and Events, you can visit the awesome site created by our players: http://www.prelude.myzen.co.uk/PG

The technology exists and I think this will be a nice gesture.

Some GM's refer noobs (like me) to this site and this seems to be the preferred repository of info regarding the game amongst all players.

I know that this steps outside the protocol of corporate behaviour, but this is a really cool way to demonstarte that SG takes their gaming community seriously.
Most gamers complain about the game publishers/distributors attitude, but on this game, the majority of the players are friendly and very pro-active.

You may not implement ANY of the changes or you may consider modifying some of the really neat ideas elsewhere on these forums, but even if the dev crew of Splitscren Games does anything about those other proposed feature changes, adding this little tiny unobtrusive link somewhere in the game, will do wonders for player morale and will also advertise your game beyond normal PR channels, not to mention the forum will be flodded with new ideas, BUT, we the gamers will be inspired enough to invest MORE in the game.

A little gratitude goes a very, VERY log way...

Inx