Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello everyone. Well, that's the biggest disappointment for me to post here on the forums, when I could just put some video on my channel but probably my "Voice" there won't be heard by most of people here. So I forced myself to put some words on the forums to describe, what are the players' feelings now, at least these that I talk with most of the time.

As far as You may know, I play on Askone server, so the one that is probably most populated now (change my mind, if it's not) so I am able to get most of the feedback from first hand. But I am quite good informed about the situation that is taking place on the servers that are less populated. The worst thing is that they can't fully enjoy the newest content served by the game because of low population on the server. I feel myself, even playing on the Askone server, that the content that is placed right now isn't enough to feed players' expectations, basically.

Why it can't?

I may just put some of the reasons that I feel are the most dangerous for the game. You may add some that You feel yourself in this topic I have created.

First of all, connecting to the above said topic, some of the servers got really low population so that they can't do harder missions that require outside cover, or they need bigger amount of time to get higher blueprint set for their favourite ships. Ugh, it's quite a problem, if the server got just 6 people online at afternoons or evenings, isn't it?

Secondly, I feel even here on Askone, that people got already bored of newest content somehow. One planet (it's nice to revive old, generally forgotten planets to make them alive, but with low population problem it's like making salad with old lettuce), few story missions that are not necessary to play now (because they don't give nothing excepting some low amount of cryonite comparing to ship and items prices) and some white missions that are quite a problem that is connected to also low rewards for accomplishments.

Third thing, connected a little bit to second and first one. People are feeling like they are speechless. What I want to mention? Feedback isn't heard properly! Why don't we at least get the answers from Developers or Community Managers that our ideas are liked by them and they are thinking to implement them into the game in some update window? Or that it's bad for them and it won't be ever made into Pirate Galaxy? We don't want surprises anymore. We want facts.

How to fix it?

If you are watching my Pirates' Voice series on Youtube, You may know the answer for that question at few of above said problems. Well, let me just group the solution into the plan for game revival.

1. Servers Merge
2. Advertisement (if not possible, skip)
3. More endgame content providing mixing with Tau Ceti stuff, not only fixing Conquest matter.
4. Providing the updates based on constructive feedback only here on the forums.

Servers Merge

I know that has been extended for long time and even not mentioned by Developers for quite a long time since we started to suffer from low population problem on specific servers. Here, I will refer to the thread made by Destroier6 from Aurora Server: https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=41118&p=192817

Of course, everything placed there is the point to discuss, but generally the idea is clear -- we already have to get the server merge to fix the problem with low population. Pirate Galaxy game is not well advertised, so we don't have good fresh income of players. I know, advertising cost a lot of money and if it's failed, the game can die easily but if we don't take the risk, the game will never revive and in fact, people that are "veterans" and pay the gold, will leave finally too. Doesn't matter if it's in 1 year or 5.

Advertisement

As I said in the list. If it's not possible to do, just skip this part. This one is stricly connected to more expense from Developers' and company side. So just better advertising the game such like TV spots, physical billboard posters, Internet ads on webpages etc. That may bring more people into the game concerned what it is about. Why? Games market doesn't give us much good potential space games such like Pirate Galaxy is itself. So it would be kind of new fresh air that was hidden in the dark for long time and now it revives and people are talking about it worldwide. That means more income and even better updates and servers. All people are clever enough to get the way to know more good sides of this idea for players and for company. There is only risk that if it fails, the game may die. But as I said before, we can't stay in one place as well. We have to progress. If we don't, game will die anyways.

Endgame content

I hope new Dev shack appear soon on our forum pages but before it I want to mention one thing. People are almost begging for better endgame content. What does it mean? All the things with Tau Ceti is good but it's not kind of endgame content I am talking about. I suggest to make things that are making you being stick to the game even if you completed all of the story missions and other stuff the newest content have in its bundle. Basically, you already know what I am talking about. I will here refer to the Rajaa's ideas topic and my Pirates' Voice series' two episodes about some endgame stuff I am talking about right here:

Rajaa's Topic: https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=42589

The most problem is all the patches are just fixes of old stuff or new content that "extends" our gaming progress to endgame. But endgame itself isn't upgraded anyhow for ages. What we will do then when we do all of these? Stay orbit?

Listening to feedback

That's a little bit connected to that what I was talking about in Endgame content matter. We want to hear the facts. If community loves some idea, repeatable missions for example, why we get no response from Developers about their feel of the idea and that if they can implement it into the game or not? Why we are getting surprises instead of dry facts? That's the thing to fix that people want. Pirates are feeling ignored!

So that's all I created here for now. When i get something in my mind, I will put it down here. In sum, game needs to be recovered and revived from scratch it got, because of "update absence" beginning from wretched idea of Tau Ceti episodes and voting thing.

And one more thing. Developers, don't get me wrong! I hope You will take it as constructive feedback from me, as I have gathered most of feedback from people on Askone Server. :)

Tyrannus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Sol-
Rank
Apologies in advance for the necropost but I believe that these are very important points. The game most certainly needs to be revived, at least in terms of population.

As an older player who has only just recently returned to the game, it's a shame to see the server I play on so empty.

I find myself almost consistently being the only person on a planet, especially the lower system planets. I even recall a CM mention that there were 28 people currently online on our server, and this was during a Saturday evening!

A server merge would be great to initially increase the population of the servers. I am in full support of this, and hope that this will be possible sooner than later.

Advertisement I believe is incredibly important, especially at the stage the game is currently in. If we can have an influx of newer players, then this would be the first step towards rejuvenating this game.

I know, advertising cost a lot of money and if it's failed, the game can die easily but if we don't take the risk, the game will never revive and in fact, people that are "veterans" and pay the gold, will leave finally too. Doesn't matter if it's in 1 year or 5.
This I think is of crucial importance. It's great that the devs have begun to update this game more frequently since the introduction of the dev shack. But the unfortunate truth is that the current player-base is low. Advertisement is of course a risk as you've said, and I agree that it is a risk worth taking.

Major updates (like TC) can potentially bring back old players, but currently there's a huge lack of new players (at least in our server) which leads to the current slow decline of the player-base as the old players inevitably leave.

I agree with Rajaa's suggestions plus the input towards his suggestions that you have given from your Pirate's Voice episodes. The addition of these ideas would definitely add incentive for players to keep playing, and would decrease the number of players leaving the game.

Indeed It would be nice for developers to give feedback to suggestions given to them by players. Again if we look at Rajaa's game suggestions as an example we can see that they are very in-depth. He has put a lot of effort into making them. It's a shame that the developers have not responded to any of it, especially with the large support behind it. It would be nice to see the devs thoughts, whether they agree or disagree, why or why-not.

The first two points I think are honestly the most important at the moment. Merging servers will increase the population, but it won't give us an influx of newer players. Establishing this higher population by merging servers might encourage a newer player to stay instead of think "ah, the game is dead" and leave. Coupling this with advertisement will increase the influx of newer players and together they increase the chance of them staying instead of dropping the game.

Of course this is all easier said than done but if the game is left as it is now, it may very well fizzle out soon, even with all the updates it is currently receiving.

I am in agreement with your points, and I hope the developers address them in some way.