NEW RDX-11... CHANGE

metalgearx

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Faded Dreams
Rank
Hello, I come here to say a couple of things about the new RDX ship.

We all know that the Raven ships are the current goal and everyone uses them, either for lower systems or for the more current that is Tau.

Well the point of this post is to try to make a change to this ship, what change I mean, you will be wondering, Well a change with at least one component, since this ship is currently not better than any type of support class ship that we have, the ship rdx ONYX is much much better and even the ship anin - CONSTRUCTOR is better than RDX-11, I propose the following changes. (Of course it is only an idea and I doubt that it will come to anything, since components of ships have never been changed)

- Change "Repair Target" for Shield or Protector
~ Well this ship would fulfill the role of a Support Tank

-Change "Aim Scramblers" for Shield, Protector or Damage Inverter
~ So in the same way it is still a tank with capacity to support

-Change "Repair Field" to Repair Turret
~ With this change, it could stand out from the support type ships that we already have, this is the most posible change to make a litle change that can be usefull to pve

Well, these are my ideas to fix the RDX-11 ship that my opinion does not have a fixed place as a support ship, Maybe in the conquests the deflector drone can play a good role, but by not having a shield or protector this ship It is very weak to ships with stuns or magneitic traps.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
The issue i see on this ship is that it has the scram in the config and currently scram is known for not working properly in nearly every situation cus the chance to avoid geting hit seems to be not existing at all aside from maybe 2-3 hits during the time it is active.

Considering that the Stone has RT and RField it will be an aggro magnet so that i assume even the DDroid will not help it very much and when Scram still does a bad job it will be the 1st ship going into pod in PvE rounds. For PvP not really sure but i assume in a battle the DDroid could deal some additional damage with AoE ships that may throw the one or another rocket, os, mine, etc..

Considering the descirption of the Stone i would more have thought it would be some sort of "Hator copy" able to use Prot + Shield + DDroid + RTurr
Rock-solid bridge over troubled waters -- if you ever find yourself wondering how you
could have possibly survived a particular battle
, the answer is probably "Pitchstone"!
But with the current config i rather see this ship "not surviving a battle" hell even the Wolf is a "better Stone" with AC and a useless beacon :ROFLMAO:

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I was disappointed with the new ship when I saw what kind of items it has. In my opinion the jammer doesn't work and lets out most of the shots but somehow on the reactor the assassins have such a jammer that the blaster sniper can miss and coming back to the ship I don't see any potential in this ship in my opinion it is one of the worst rdx I have ever seen

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
In the new rdx I would change him instead of a target jammer to a speed actuator and a repair target to a protector

metalgearx

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Faded Dreams
Rank
The issue i see on this ship is that it has the scram in the config and currently scram is known for not working properly in nearly every situation cus the chance to avoid geting hit seems to be not existing at all aside from maybe 2-3 hits during the time it is active.

Considering that the Stone has RT and RField it will be an aggro magnet so that i assume even the DDroid will not help it very much and when Scram still does a bad job it will be the 1st ship going into pod in PvE rounds. For PvP not really sure but i assume in a battle the DDroid could deal some additional damage with AoE ships that may throw the one or another rocket, os, mine, etc..

Considering the descirption of the Stone i would more have thought it would be some sort of "Hator copy" able to use Prot + Shield + DDroid + RTurr

But with the current config i rather see this ship "not surviving a battle" hell even the Wolf is a "better Stone" with AC and a useless beacon :ROFLMAO:

Yes i was waiting a hator ship tbh

metalgearx

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Faded Dreams
Rank
In the new rdx I would change him instead of a target jammer to a speed actuator and a repair target to a protector

The main problem is that PG wants this ship to be support, so the best change is to make it more tanky without lose those support skills...

Sadly i don't have any hope to get any response from PG about this xD

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Well well.. I expected a ship like the Kodiaq Hathor mix, but the Pitchstone is a good ship against the Chromian in pvp. Take 2 Pitchstones against 2 Chromas who would win? i think the Pitchstone will overcome the Chromas pretty easy with 3 Repairskills. It is a Tank-Engineer mix which i never expected and how good the Deflexiondroide will work out.

For me the Pitchstone look like a Domi Terror and maybe Constructor mix. His Design looks more like an Antares Industries Prototype instead of an Raven ship when you leave these "O" marks on top.

What i expected that the Pitchstone would have is following techs -- Shield, Damage Inverter, Deflexions Droide, Thermoblast

I love the fact that the Devs added Repairskills and that the Droide cannot longer be repaired for some reason that he could reflects too much damage back e.g sirius long variante. very smart👏

And i dont like the optical design for the Sirius Deflexiondroide. I expected that this will happen.

anyway good ship😁

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Lol u guys are really crazy here :ROFLMAO:, did u even tried to use the ship or u just saying that without even trying it versus players XDD? i am not sure how pitchstone is not a good support ship when it has the healing plus damage capabilities if played well, but i guess thats the issue :LOL:

metalgearx

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Faded Dreams
Rank
Lol u guys are really crazy here :ROFLMAO:, did u even tried to use the ship or u just saying that without even trying it versus players XDD? i am not sure how pitchstone is not a good support ship when it has the healing plus damage capabilities if played well, but i guess thats the issue :LOL:
i got it for gold so you can tell me

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
You do realize that the difference between both posts is that mine is a "defined version" while the OP made an "optional version" of the items he thinks what the ship should have? In it´s core it may have the same items but in its meaning both posts have a different feedback/information

Giving several options is not the same as saying "it must be those items". But who am i to know it any better lol.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I knocked out a ship and I'm disappointed with it I was on fire all the time everything was attacking me in the mission I tried to lure my friend to the mission and see how the ship works I was just on fire and the deflection droid I let go after 5 seconds went into orbit and before the mobs could use the rockets to hit it it had already gone but not to this post

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainEmperor
Rank
Once again people are bashing on the new ship right after its release (most probably before even acquiring, let alone using the ship)
The ship has a lot of potential (especially in CQ battles), is relatively tanky and looks cool :LOL:

We have seen and heard these negative comments about pretty much every new RDX ship upon its release and most of the time people end up realising the ship is actually not as bad as they initially thought.

From what I am seeing a lot of you just want an autopilot-type ship that can tank all the damage in the world whilst standing still and also provide decent damage or support to the rest of the squad. Who cares about skill involved, yeah ? Let's just make everything as simple and as OP as possible :ROFLMAO:

On a side note, again most of the complaints are PvE-related and while the ship may not be the absolute best choice in every case where an engineer/support type is needed it sure as hell has plenty of uses in that department too.
On the contraty, the RDX-05 Marlstone is next to useless for PvE purposes yet nobody is complaining about it :LOL:

Let's just wait a few months until the Pitchstone becomes more widely used and the community becomes familiar with it, I am sure your opinions now and then will differ.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
I have bought this ship by gold on first day of the event on my livestream and created two configurations for it, Mizar and Sirius.

It has a lot of potential as a battle engineer with such skills. Both repair skills so his supporting abilities are not worse than Constructors'. Aim Scrambler so you cannot hit it efficiently and if you want to AoE it with OS, Sticky Bomb or Mine, because you cannot single target him, you are already loosing much HP thanks to reflect. So basically it is a group PvP ship. That's why most of community are already saying its a scam, bcoz most of them are not into PvP.

My opinion is to try it on Conquest by yourself and check, if it's useful for you or not. But ofc any ship will be bad without proper skillful usage

Iron Black

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
iron black
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
The new boat is great, Beautiful support, much better than the squishy Onyx and constructor ... Stop trying to change something beautiful, that ship is for pilots who have hands ... xD

NosferatuZodd

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Griffith
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
In my opinion the suggested changes are not good, the ship is already excellent.
First, this is a pvp ship, a ship for conquests and wars, not a pve ship.
Until now, we've had 2 main support ships onyx and constructor, squishy ships that have to be in the backline of the fight, and running all the time to don't get focused and killed.
Now we have Pitchstone, a suport ship who can go on in the front line without fear, healing and supporting her allies, this can be very interesting in conquests and wars, it makes room for new strategies.

Naycko

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
ROA - Naycko
Rank
Clan
Reborn of the ashes
the ship is perfect for cq and to counter chromian, will change the cq meta. if you want a pve ship use onyx. if you dont see the utility and support of the ship on conquest, the fault is not on the ship :D
however i highly doubt the ship has been used enough to have a clear opinion about it xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD