Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Cloud Strife
Rank
Clan
Thank u Ben
Hello, will the updated version of the Aggrobeacon item benefit from Nephilim Cortex?
It is not exactly stated as a healing item, i am curious if this is the case or not.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello, will the updated version of the Aggrobeacon item benefit from Nephilim Cortex?
It is not exactly stated as a healing item, i am curious if this is the case or not.
To understand how those techniques work I will go deeper into that. The repair droide is a multitude of drones that repair the ship in seconds. By installing the nephilim Cortex it could have self-healing materials in it, better damage assessment and support drones for the best healing factor. The answer probably is no. Let me explain why.

The damage inverter is a technology that transforms incoming damage into health points for the spaceship. here's a plausible explanation of how this technology could work, particularly in connection with the aggrobeacon.

1. energy absorption and conversion

the damage inverter could utilize an advanced energy field that absorbs the kinetic or energetic damage from incoming attacks. instead of this damage directly impacting the ship’s hull, the field absorbs the energy and converts it into a form that benefits the ship.
- energy to health conversion.
the absorbed energy could then be transformed into health points, effectively repairing the ship. this process means that instead of suffering damage, the ship actually gains health.

2. nanotechnology

the damage inverter might involve nanobots embedded within the ship's hull. When the ship is hit, these nanobots could analyze the incoming damage, absorb the energy, and use it to repair damage or strengthen the armor. This would effectively turn damage into health points.
self-healing materials
the ship's armor could be made of self-healing materials that are activated by the damage inverter. when struck, the material could use the energy from the impact to regenerate itself, converting damage into health points.

3. advanced shielding systems

the damage inverter could be linked to a shield system designed not only to mitigate damage but also to absorb the energy of the attack and convert it into regenerative energy. This energy could then be used to restore the ship's health points.
- energy feedback loops.
the system could absorb damage and, through a complex energy feedback mechanism, convert it into healing energy. This energy could then be fed into the life support or shielding systems, effectively "healing" the ship.

4. alien technology (Ancient)

if the damage inverter is based on Ancient technology, it could operate on principles far beyond human understanding. the Ancients might have developed technology capable of manipulating the nature of energy and matter to not only neutralize damage but also convert it into life-sustaining energy.
- exotic particles.
the conversion process could involve exotic particles capable of altering the structure of matter at a molecular level, transforming damage into beneficial energy. This energy could then be used to repair the ship.

5. biosynthetic integration

if the ship is integrated with biotechnological systems, the damage inverter might work through a symbiotic relationship between machine and biological material. Damage could be absorbed and converted into biochemical energy, which could then be used for healing or repairs.

6. Connection with the Aggrobeacon

- aggrobeacon interaction.
the aggrobeacon, when deployed, attracts enemy fire. If it’s equipped with a "damage inverter mechanism" but without withstand the damage but only has a % healing factor. the energy from incoming attacks directed at the Aggrobeacon could be absorbed and then funneled back to the ship as health points. This means that when the Aggrobeacon turret takes damage, the ship itself regenerates health. The mechanism behind this could involve the Aggrobeacon channeling absorbed energy back to the ship’s systems, converting what would be harmful damage into beneficial healing energy.

turenaxe

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Cloud Strife
Rank
Clan
Thank u Ben
it's cool that you go into depth like this, but i am affraid the aggrobeacon does not have a "inverter mechanism" at all.

My question was if the healing aspect of enemies entering the beacon field, will benefit from Nephilim or not, not how the item would work.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
it's cool that you go into depth like this, but i am affraid the aggrobeacon does not have a "inverter mechanism" at all.

My question was if the healing aspect of enemies entering the beacon field, will benefit from Nephilim or not, not how the item would work.
These are basically not a repair techniques at all. They just invert the damage into a %healing factor. The damage inverter withstands the damage and inverts it perfectly. The beacon just inverts the incoming damage in %. The answer would be a big no. It would be to overpowered and the nephilim Cortex ist just for harvesting big amount of enemies.

I thought the same as you but for the allies cover. It wouldn't work there is basically no "repairdroides" to boost with the nephilim Cortex activated.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
These are basically not a repair techniques at all. They just invert the damage into a %healing factor. The damage inverter withstands the damage and inverts it perfectly. The beacon just inverts the incoming damage in %. The answer would be a big no. It would be to overpowered and the nephilim Cortex ist just for harvesting big amount of enemies.

I thought the same as you but for the allies cover. It wouldn't work there is basically no "repairdroides" to boost with the nephilim Cortex activated.
Actually the beacon repairs the HP of the owner when it deals damage to the units in it´s AoE and not inverts dmg it receives.

So the question if the healing of the beacon is affected by the Nephilim Cort is a valid one.

ben1982

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
ben1982
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
obviously it requires in game testing to verify but im going to assume the answer is no - we tested it on every item that heals on in the past and found that it doesnt work on repair target, field, turret or inverter. So the core assumption i guess must be that it is hard coded to boost only repair droid.
Disclaimer: i have not done or seen any in-game testing yet