What's new

More refined graphics

ProphetDMC

Reaction score
Hello. Has anyone ever noticed that even on the highest graphics the game has to offer, the ship textures are still sort of polygon-ish. I've been thinking, would it be possible to make the ships and other things more refined in textures, like showing actual engine parts (refering to STAM-R Class and STAM-S Class Sol Ships) because i've talked with a few players, and most of us thought the human ships of Sol would look less bulky then what they are currently. I'm not asking for a complete re-design of the ships. just a refinement. (Example comparison below (Note: one graphic will be from different game, but i want you to focus on looking at how refined the ship is)

Make this STAM_S-Lightning_Storm.png

Look like this (NOTE: KEYWORD LIKE)unsc_paris_class_heavy_frigate_by_annihilater102-d4xr5tl.jpg

shaggygoblin

Reaction score
perhaps a side-by-side of some other notable ships that underwent a facelift.
http://www.mmorpg.com/photo/7bfb8062-a3dd-42c6-ab71-28b622606811

I would not be insulted to see a gfx or even an engine(unity5?) update...

ProphetDMC

Reaction score
I agree with Shaggygoblin. WE NEED A GRAPHICS OVERHAUL. Pirate Galaxy is stuck on graphics of pre-2012. We need a new graphics engine. :D :D :D :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!: :!:

Armageddon

Reaction score
I agree.

Pirate Galaxy was great back in the day for graphics, but a overhaul of ships, special effects is a good little refinement.

The environments, like Venar are great and I am mostly fine with lower system environments.

auto82

Reaction score
loks great!
but,,, in my opinion a game like this, high quality image/render is not first priority.

gameplay, story should be focused on before new design. there has allready been a makeover of the vega system.
loks better, but the pilots need more content ingame, new prints to look for, new entertaining missions. (like the race for containers or some built in tests to achieve succesfull mission)

when devs. has more content released, then a visual upgrade like the pictures show would be much apreciated, looks fantastic! :)

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I like the current level of detail, it is quite enough for an action game.

CoreWindowPrimary03062017_041305264.jpg
CoreWindowPrimary03042017_013523998.jpg
CoreWindowPrimary03042017_020220345.jpg

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Note: click on the images to see the full version, even if they are jpeg copies instead of the png originals (to save bandwidth), still you can see the level of detail.
Even playing with this level of zoom is impractical for common tasks. You can only enjoy it a little when safe flying a high level ship in lower systems.
Why would you like more detail when most of the time you will play with zoom maxed out?

CoreWindowPrimary03302017_162926072.jpg

Betabot

Reaction score
While I would love to see a graphics update, I think you guys don't understand that it will basically be a total game overhaul.
I highly doubt the game can be just transferred to a different engine like Unity easily. This coming from someone with a bit of experience in the programming field.

It would take far to long with their current team, which is having enough difficulties keeping up with the current demands of the players for better game-play.

If they did transfer it to a different (newer) engine, I'm sure it would make future updates faster to complete, which is what I would be looking forward to.

crazywhiteboii

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
--UnkNOWn--
Rank
Clan
Silhouette Assassins
I would love to have more ship designs and custom made ships in game and be pretty cool
like even having a laser beam tech with some really epic animations ^^