Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Shots
Rank
Clan
The Outlaws Solaria
As per 'other changes' in this post https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/thre...-update-august-10-concluded.32902/post-177019 which I assume made it to live, the giant mantis minelayer in Sol Reprisal has unique mines (which annoyingly have attack range almost equal to blaster) will still drop single cryonite crystals.

Also, is there a hotkey like tab that I can use to more easilly select mines without having to risk self-dettonation moving forward by left clicking, right clicking, pressing tab or end? the camera likes to move around and the mines are really tiny, and all these clicks/presses run the risk of shooting me straight at the mines into my certain demise. Like while hovering over an enemy object, if I could press 't' to yellow select the object, and if no object is there nothing happens? That would be great for me.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
As per 'other changes' in this post https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/thre...-update-august-10-concluded.32902/post-177019 which I assume made it to live, the giant mantis minelayer in Sol Reprisal has unique mines (which annoyingly have attack range almost equal to blaster) will still drop single cryonite crystals.

Also, is there a hotkey like tab that I can use to more easilly select mines without having to risk self-dettonation moving forward by left clicking, right clicking, pressing tab or end? the camera likes to move around and the mines are really tiny, and all these clicks/presses run the risk of shooting me straight at the mines into my certain demise. Like while hovering over an enemy object, if I could press 't' to yellow select the object, and if no object is there nothing happens? That would be great for me.
so you want to ignite the minelayers for yourself?

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello @Steel_Blue,

Did you tried using the Target pannel (? u can sort it by name or type of unit), so it might be easier to select the mines since all would be grouped together.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Hello @Steel_Blue,

Did you tried using the Target pannel (? u can sort it by name or type of unit), so it might be easier to select the mines since all would be grouped together.
Would however not remove the factor that you move towards the mine when select it over this way as it is marked directly like a "left-click-follow" target in compare to right click. Ironically when rightclicking any of the side panales they close but for the targetpanel right click would be usefull to work as in the normal window when selecting a target

Steel_Blue

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Shots
Rank
Clan
The Outlaws Solaria
To add at the end of this, I can't sort the mines by distance. I have no idea which mine in the field I'll be selecting, and I will be moving towards the mine after selecting it. And if any(or multiple) units at the edge of sight move in/out of sight, this entire list is likely to shift no matter how I sort it. So I still have the problem where selecting a mine has a chance of me misclicking, and needing to course correct within .5 seconds or less, or die.

The last way to select things is left/right clicking not in the 3D space, but in the 2D minimap on the bottom right. A misclick here still has the problem of launching me towards death. I want a no-mistake way to select the closest mine without moving, so I want a command to select a target that is not also a command to move my ship. Is there a hotkey that does this?

Edit: it can be very hard to distinguish what yellow triangles are mines in the 2D map, so in a mantis-infested minefield I also have the mistake of selecting a mantis instead of a mine because they are visually the same.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I want a no-mistake way to select the closest mine without moving, so I want a command to select a target that is not also a command to move my ship. Is there a hotkey that does this?
The quick answer is no it gives not such a command.

But if i remember it correctly the target list is "showing" the closest target until the furthest from your possition (even when sorted by name). The closer a target is to your position the higher it is placed in the list (uppest unit is the closes while lowest is the farthest).

Tbf i prefer the name sorted version (left click on name 1 time) rather then the unsorted one cus the unsorted version is constandly jumping due of changes in distance between all units in the range.

Tab on the other hand is going through the list from closest to farthest from my experienc but always resets when you have selected a target and scaned/destroyed it.