What's new

Having back the WOW factor of Parsec ships !!!

METHANOID

Reaction score
This is going to be a long read, so grab some pop-corn or something ^^ joking, i'm gonna talk of serious things here :)

Ok, this is probably the best idea that came to my mind since i play Pirate Galaxy, that can be done and it's realistical enough and it makes sense, at leat for me, and personally i think it would solve the issues of unbalance between "normal" ships and parsec class ships armor.

And also high level players complaining about Parsec ships not being good enough for Draconis
(especially Hive) and Sirius, considering their cost in cryonite, which isn't cheap !!!

And also... would solve the PVP question of players complaining that some ships are being 1 or 2 shots from pod, that is nothing to enjoy, i don't know what others think, but for me, a PVP to be enjoyable should last at least 30 seconds... say 1 minute, giving the players the opportunity to come up with some strategy to beat the opponent.
Unless we play, ofcourse, the Wild Wild West shooting game, where the one who shoot first wins :sneaky:

The idea:

To make an extra armor for parsec class ships in draconis, named Advanced Draconis or Draconian Armor like the Sol counterpart (Advanced Sol Armor) that will be stronger than the Methanoid armor of Draconis META ships, by that, i mean really upgrade the HP (Health Points) of Parsec Ships to make them worth the grind/the time spent on grinding.

Because let's admit it, nobody want to have a ship that cost over 1 Million cryonite to build and be worse than a ship that cost less, am i wrong ?

For Sirius armor, the upgrade would be serious :), no paper ship joke, it can be a rise in HP by aprox 2500-3000* HP making them equivalent in stiffness to Ancient Ships making it possible for Parsec ships to be worthy ships of Sirius, not just "for getting dust in hangar". And to actually be possible to kill stronger units alone with them, not run like a chicken on planet, because an ancient phoenix is chasing after you and killing your 2,3 even 4 Million Kryonite ship, right ? no player likes that.

*(That HP value can be different it can be from 1k to 3k HP i donn't really know, i'm just giving a number that i think it's right, to balance ships correctly, i'm just suggesting what i think is best considering the Relative HP values of Parsec ships and Ancient ships from the site Hitchhiker's Guide to Pirate Galaxy, credits to V1-Hyper ;) )
Yes... i know team play is important in Sirius, but sometime you can be the only player online in a clan, due to time differences or other factors... and, having a ship that can support you at this time, can make or break the deal, makes the difference between enjoying a solo play in sirius, from staying in orbit and get bored waiting for other strong players to come and help you... making one feel like a Donzella in Distress :oops: , wich shouldn't happen in a Pirate Game! :LOL:

OK now lets get down to the numbers, i will give some examples here, let's take the famous Anln-12 Parsec vs META-02 Storm and compare them without and with the virtual Advanced Draconis Armor upgrade in HP as i explained above.

META-02 Storm vs Anln-12 Parsec comparison (without the HP upgrade):

Meta-02 Storm (Methanoid Armor) Relative HP - 5129.2
Anln-12 Parsec (Draconis Armor) Retive HP - 3846.9

In this case the META-02 storm has much better armor than Anln-12 Parsec and cost significantly less to build.

META-02 Storm vs Anln-12 Parsec comparison (with the virtual HP upgrade):

Meta-02 Storm (Methanoid Armor) Relative HP - 5129.2
Anln-12 Parsec (Draconis/Draconian Advanced Armor) Relative HP - 3846.9 + 2000 (VHP) = 5846.9

Clearly the Anln-12 parsec in this case would have a better armor as it should be. Making it a stand alone ship, not a half ship, that is no good for draconis nor for Sirius.

As for sirius armor, same logic would be applied, it would be the Virtual Relative HP of Anln-12 Parsec: 5846.9 + 2500 or 3000 HP that would make a total of 8346 or 8846. In my opinion this would be a rather balanced HP ratio and firepower given the damage the storm can deal it atracts more mantis fire than it can withstand with it's current armor.

Ofcourse these values can be adjusted, to achieve an optimal balance between all ships.

I know, some players might jump right off the chair and dislike the idea just because it would be an extra cost to an already very expensive ship and say that parsecs are already too expensive to build, and to add another armor that would cost hmm i don't know how much, would be too costly... yes it would be !!!.. but, in the end players who grind and build a parsec ship will not hide it in hangar, but look at their parsec and say with no regrets:
Yes... this ships was worth every crystal of cryonite ! :)

And, what is 300k-500k cryonite for a player who can afford to buy a 3 million ship ? In the long run i think it may be worth the effort :eek:

OK, this was my idea... maybe a vision that i share with some or more players, let's see :)

Greetings,
_METHANOID_ from Askone ;)

P.S. i can make an online poll for people to vote this idea, let me know i can do one :)

V1-Hyper

Reaction score
I know where you are coming from, m8. Draconis-armored Prototype ships have been at a disadvantage ever since the Methanoid armor was introduced for Draco ships.
The prototype bonus is 20% on top of Deluvian, but Methanoid is 60% on top of Deluvian. That makes non-Proto ships 33% tougher than Prototypes in Draconis (160%/120%=133%)
So I find an Advanced Draco armor a good idea, too.

Sirius is not as problematic. Prototypes can get the Sirius-armor whereas non-Proto's keep the Methanoid armor. That makes the Proto's 50% stronger, when compared like for like (2*120%/160%). But I agree it's not a big advantage, given the armor price and prestige status of Prototype ships
I am also no fan of 1-shot kills in PvP. A bit more armor would work well in Sirius :D

Mahalo!
V1

METHANOID

Reaction score
markunlovable said:
The proposal does not even know me. When I read posts Ee know I never felt so much before.
Sorry, but i don't understand what do you mean there :sneaky: can you be more specific :|

FantasticFaris7

Reaction score
Totally agree... Am planning on building the Hunter parsec for Sirius knowing that it costs a cryo bomb am not sure it will be strong enough for giza's since it has no splash damage..so i think increasing hp or armor of parsecs is a great idea :)

starchaser54

Reaction score
I also agree. If you are going to spend all that time getting cryo to build such an expensive ship then the parsec class ships should have far superior armour. It used to be called "the game changer" but that status is gone. Armour needs a VAST improvement to give them proper status for the effort and cost in building them.

TCi Fear

Reaction score
I'll have to aggree also with the post of METHANOID!!

I got myself a parsec sniper with the though a 'parsec' ship would be stronger then a regular ship and like what was said about that a meta ship has 33% more armor then a parsec ship is just insane. i found out i died a lot more using parsec ships( also due to running arround hive like a chicked without a head through everything lol) but maybe devs could switch this up instead of releasing new armors ??

plenty changes have been made and this is just a extra thing to change or add like advanced draco armor wich was also mentioned above

Thumbs up for METHANOID^^

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
i would also say the strength of the Sirius Armor for most Parsec ships needs to be increased to make them all equal to if not superior to the Ancient ships.
At the moment, there are only 4 Parsec ships that can rival the Ancients in their performance
the Black Granite (easily the best ship in the game, most armor, out of any ship in the game, best defensive techs, etc etc)
the Anin-T79 Emperor (2nd best armor, and a very good setup of tech
the Anin-1 Dominator (armor equal to Ancient Punisher, and can possibly solo a Giza)
and the Hyan Mutilator (armor equal to Ancient Punisher, and a Defender class)
the 5th strongets Parsec is the Anin-12 and its armor is significantly weaker than the Anicent Myst. Every single other Parsec in the game is weaker than the Anin-12. Which results in most Parsec ships with Sirius Armor being a waste of cryo. I also completely agree with your point on the Draconis Armor. There needs to be an Advanced Draconis Armor that is a r70 Methanoid + 20% and then increase the Sirius Armor by 20-30%.
That or reduce the cost

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
Why new armors? Just increase the old ones and all problems resolved.

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
Mastian said:
Why new armors? Just increase the old ones and all problems resolved.
true that would solve a lot of problems, it just, at least to me, makes sense to have a parsec armor that is equivalent to r70 deluvian, another for r70 methanoid and another for r85 methanoid

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Well, Draconis Advanced Armor finally dropped in favour of Sirius only restriction for Methanoid Armor. Let's see how the new update goes on and please post your impressions here again ^^ Will be Parsecs called "The Game Changer" again? Keep an eye of their performance on Sirius, both with the tweaked Sirius armor and the new Ancient armor...